Godzilla Bandai Creations FEEDBACK thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla Bandai Creations FEEDBACK thread

Post by eabaker »

Requests for figures? Heck yeah!

ANGIURAS '55!!!

EDIT: To conform to inferior standardized romanization of monster name.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I am curious as to how Bandai Creations decides what figures to do. Is it based on which kaiju they deem the most popular? Is it based on requirements from Bandai Japan? Is it random?

Figure requests, let's see...
I would LOVE to see Showa Ebirah & Kamacuras. The Gargantuas would be neat too.
....And they REALLY need to redo Gigan.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

My thought on them?
I like them. Some look really good, like Mechagodzilla 1974.

Like Rody said above, I'd like to know how they choose what figures to make. Some seem like completely random choices. Like the upcoming Little Godzilla.

Looking forward to the upcoming figures, especially King Caesar! If the final product looks like it did at the Toy Fair, it'll FLY off the shelves.
eabaker wrote:ANGIURAS '55!!!
YES.

I've been wanting that thing there to be get for years.

So requests? Well, I think most can agree that we'd like to see some figures Bandai Japan never got around to, like Ebirah, Varan, etc. Not likely due to lack of popularity, but still, it'd be a dream come true for a lot of us.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^ Oh man, YES, how did I forget Varan?!
He really needs a standard soft vinyl representation.

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

I like the BC figures. They are a nice alternative to those who can't get any other figures outside of Japan.

For figure requests,Titanosaurus,six inch Baragon(doesn't matter if it's Showa or Millenium)and a Hesei Godzilla instead of Burning Godzilla.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Assuming that Bandai is going to actually read all of this stuff:

Code: Select all

Dear Bandai,

Even if a few of your figures bomb (Hedorah, Godzilla 1968) I can't express my gratitude at the pure fact that you guys have put Godzilla products in American brick and mortar stores, and continually at that. You have produced many figures over the years, despite heavy criticism and a diminishing interest in the name brand, which is admirable. Many of your figures are solid, and sometimes outdo their Japanese counterparts (such as Rainbow Mothra, Destoroyah, MechaGodzilla 1974, Godzilla 2000, Godzilla 2004, and SpaceGodzilla). I hope that you guys keep making figures, especially now that a new, big-budget American Godzilla film is coming out.

In general, I really like how your figures have a sense of personality that many of the Japanese figures lack. However, I am upset in your latest decisions. The first would be the release of the Fusion Series. These were just lazy, and the only fusion figure to stand out was Mothra. Otherwise, these looked terrible, and currently remain the ONLY figures you have produced in the Godzilla line that I haven't purchased. I am also a little disappointed at your upcoming slate of figures. While I think the Tokyo Vinyl line looks good (most notably the King Ghidorah) and the SD figures are instant buys for me, I wish you would produce more of your 6-inch and 12-inch figures. You only have two new ones (Little Godzilla and King Caesar, the latter of which looks amazing) coming out. I would prefer for you to release more of these figures, instead of the Tokyo Vinyl line. Now, if you could manage to continue both lines simultaneously, that would be great, but if I, as a Godzilla fan and a casual consumer, were to choose only one line to produce, I would stick with the regular line of 6-inch figures you guys have been making since 2002.

There isn't really anything else that I feel the need to say to your company, but I will leave with this: If you really wish to get honest, sensible feedback on your line of figures, then take the words of the other members' posts in this thread with a grain of salt (these people are crazy), and try your best to get feedback from various, different sources.

Regardless, keep up the fantastic, Tokyo-stomping work!
Ah, that felt good to get off my chest.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

How about asking them to change their packaging to be a little more like Bandai Japan.
Meaning, movie photo shot to match the monster from the film!
How about maybe some hang tags on the the figures! That would cut down packaging cost alot!
I know alot of collectors here would go nuts if they could walking into a retail store and see hanging Bandai Creation with a tag!
Personally, I like the new King Caesar!
Classic Toho monsters will always sell well, tell them to keep it up!
Thanks for listening!
Radioactive Toys
Godzilla Toys Never Get Old, Just People That Own Them!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Superrex wrote:six inch Baragon
Oh god yes! I've always wanted a 6" Showa Baragon. I've also always wanted a 6" Gorosaurus. Y-MSF might have that covered, but I'd rather not spend $60 on that.
Mr. Xeno wrote:Even if a few of your figures bomb (Hedorah, Godzilla 1968)
Godzilla '68 bombed? I think it's alright, yeah it's not really good, but I don't think it's terrible, like Hedorah. Now, King Ghidorah 2001 would be a better example of a figure that's terrible.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

Chris55 wrote:Hey guys

As you guys know I'm working with Bandai to do video reviews of their Banadai Creations Godzilla figures (S.H. Monsterarts line possibly later). This thread is one I will be linking them to so they can see YOUR feedback on the toys. Just keep it to your own feedback with no arguments back and forth. It'll be a drag to go through.

So, any suggestions? Likes? Dislikes? Requests for figures?
Awesome opportunity, Chris. Thanks for the thread.

Honestly, I would love for that Anguirus '55 to see the light of day. And given how fantastic most of Bandai Creation's sculpts have been, I'd really like to see them tackle some Kaiju that haven't been produced in recent years by Bandai Japan.

Showa Rodan vinyls are sorely lacking in general, and would have plenty of "everyday kid" appeal - given his general saurian appearance.
I would love to see BC do a Showa Baragon or Varan for the same reasons (same perks apply).

Idealistically? A Megalon would be absolutely incredible.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Legion1979 wrote:I say ditch that Fusion stuff and put more effort into original molds of characters we don't have enough figures of.
T.H.I.S

Kinda sick of seeing repeats of Burning Godzilla, Rainbow Mothra, FW Godzilla and Godzilla '54

I wanna see Baragon, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Godzilla '84 (who's woefully lacking in figures), Godzilla '64 or '74, Showa Anguirus, and Kiryu.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

BandaiBandit wrote:How about asking them to change their packaging to be a little more like Bandai Japan.
Meaning, movie photo shot to match the monster from the film!
How about maybe some hang tags on the the figures! That would cut down packaging cost a lot!
I know a lot of collectors here would go nuts if they could walking into a retail store and see hanging Bandai Creation with a tag!
I do wish BC would cut the boxing altogether. I get the impression from looking at some of their figures that the boxing is hindering the sculpt at times, particularly with the long-tailed kaiju (examples one & two).

terrypierson
Interpol Agent

Post by terrypierson »

Less variants, more monsters. If we could have got six different monsters in place of the six Fusion variants we got I would be a lot more into this line (and that's coming from someone who bought the Fusions). I also wouldn't mind seeing some more 12". Finally I'll also throw my hat into the "ditch the box, use tags" approach. The characters I would most like to see are Titanosautus and Gorosaurus. Also some more Godzilla suits. I'm very excited for King Caesar!

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

First of all, I've collected every figure Bandai Creations has released and love every single one. I really appreciate you putting Godzilla figures on American store shelves so all fans, young and old alike, have the chance to own figures who may not have access to Japanese figures.

For suggestions: I'd love to see the unreleased figures of course, as well as some lesser monsters who don't get much representation in figures (such as Varan, Kamacuras, Kumonga, Ebirah, to name a few), but would also like to see 6" figures of the ones that only came out in the Pack of Destruction and Crumble Zone sets.
While I appreciate re-releases for people who missed certain figures in their first one, like the '74 Mechagodzilla for me, maybe limiting it to a couple so new characters can be released. I also would love to see more 12" figures, I particularly enjoyed the 2004 Gigan myself and would like to see more.

As many of us fans do, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to express my opinion to a distributor, regardless of it being taken into consideration or not.

Thanks for all releases and look forward to more in the future.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Bandai Creation has some great figures, such as their Godzilla 2000, Destoroyah, and Mechagodzilla. Fusion variants are interesting, but new molds are preferable. King Caesar and Little Godzilla are steps in the right direction. In many ways BC is the easiest way to get Godzilla figures, so I would love to see new monsters come.

Requests? 6 inch Varan, Kumonga, Ebirah. The only 6 inch Kumonga I believe is the Y-MSF, which isn't too easily obtainable. Varan and Ebirah don't have vinyls, so it would be beyond amazing to see them in the line.

BC will always hold a special place for me, since my very first two figures were the Godzilla 54 and Gigan many years ago from the deceased KB Toys.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Here's some guys that I would like to see. I'm basicilly naming off the characters that I either don't have or don't own the 6 inch ones but would like to get a hold of.

1. Ebirah (Showa or Millenium which ever one will be easier to get a hold off.)
2. Minilla (Same as above.)
3. Kamacuras (Same as above.)
4. Kumonga (Same as above.)
5. Gorosaurus
6. Manda (Same as above.)
7. Baragon (Same as above.)
8. Gabara
9. Megalon
10. Titanosaurus
11. Biollante
12. Mecha-King Ghidorah
13. Battra
14. Super Mechagodzilla
15. Mogura (Same as above)
16. Orga
17. Megaguirus
18. Monster X\Keizer Ghidorah (I wouldn't mind a two in one action figure like that.)

Sorry I know my list is long Chris but I really would like to see them make all of these guys because we hardly ever get the Characters like the ones that are on my list. Ones like Gorosaurus, Megalon, Titanosaurus, Mecha-King Ghidorah and Monster X\Kaizer Ghidorah are the main ones of that list that I definately want to see because they are really hard kajiu to find for a farly decent price.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

I have always loved the line you started in 2002. They were some of the first figures I ever bought. I would, however cut back on variants, and create new molds for some of the Kaiju.

Figure Requests:
Godzilla 1991, simply for the fact that the 89/91 suit is regarded as one of the best my many fans, and he hasn't had a proper 6 inch figure. This would also be a chance to fix the ugly spine molds that previous versions of the figure had, and to add a Heisei Godzilla (other than Burning Godzilla) to the line.

Grand King Ghidorah:
While not officially in the Godzilla universe, Rainbow Mothra isn't a part of it either. To have a Grand King Ghidorah figure in the 6 inch line would be a dream for most collectors, just be sure to make him tower over Godzilla, and you will reap in an amazing profit.

Orga:
Your company has released the Millenium Godzilla into the line, why not his foe. It would also be a good chance to fix the arm articulation so that he can raise them, instead of having them swivel in and out. Orga is a very hard figure to come by, and isn't cheap either, but if you were to do Orga, then you would be helping the fans a lot.

City Sets:
The Crumble Zone set was an amazing thing for the line, but how about a similar set in your 6 inch line? Granted, it may not be able to put in as many monsters or buildings in a single set and make them affordable for the masses, but I'm sure we as the consumer will be willing to buy different sets with two different monsters in each set as well as different buildings in each set (one or two buildings depending on the size). Kids would love it for the collapsing actions, and adult collectors would have some really cool looking display pieces with them.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

4Tankzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by 4Tankzilla »

I'd love to see more 12in scaled figures and more well sculpted obscure figures such as Baragon, Gorosaurus, Ebirah, Gabara, etc.

^Also, that battle pack suggestion is something I would LOVE to see, especially if it's King Kong vs. Godzilla.

Just Plain Dan
G-Force Personnel

Post by Just Plain Dan »

My list? Baragon (Millennium), Monster X, Kamacuras (Millennium), Ebirah (Showa/Millennium), Gezora, Varan, and Grand Ghidorah.

I also think it'd be pretty cool if BC did 3 figures a year instead of 2; that way, they could do Showa, Heisei, and Millennium monsters each year.
Last edited by Just Plain Dan on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

As jomei said, I would really like to see BC put in their best effort for their figures. I am curious about how much variance there is in the time & effort granted between figures. Rainbow Mothra looks great, but Hedorah - something must have gone wrong in the process. The question is: when and where?

I will second the vote for 6" cityscape sets. Giant monsters need stuff to destroy!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

While I get the appeal of city sets, when it comes down to it, if it's a choice between city sets or more monsters (and it is a choice, because there are finite resources to commit and finite dollars to be spent by their target market), I'm gonna choose Ebirah over the Diet Building, y'know?

That said, if they were to do more city sets, I would definitely hope that they'd emphasize landmark areas that were actually depicted in memorable scenes from the movies.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.