2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which Figure Should X-Plus Absolutely Release in 2013?

1. Battra
10%
2. Destroyah
19%
3. Gabara
16%
4. Guiron Gamera villain
2%
5. Gyaos Gamera villain
2%
6. Kamakiras
8%
7. Megaguirus
9%
8. Orga
11%
9. Space Godzilla
22%
10. Viras Gamera villain
1%

Total votes: 108

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Re: 2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

Post by g robot »

Thanks, my 30cm goro is a resin kit I got from kaiju modler, thats why he's that color,but I have to say I really don't like to do resin they make your shelf bend, I have a lot of resin garage kits.

Jon
GPN Volunteer

Post by Jon »

Got my Gorosaurus and Varan this afternoon too. All the 25cm figures together looks great.

I missed my opportunity to get Gigan so I hope I find one for a fair price eventually.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To G robot: Great pics and even better collection, awesome! Question! That king Ghidorha on your shelf with the xian saucers next to him,is that the bandai plastic model kit with the little xian figure? I know, I know I should do my own homework but just give me this crib note just this once.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

kaiju king wrote:To G robot: Great pics and even better collection, awesome! Question! That king Ghidorha on your shelf with the xian saucers next to him,is that the bandai plastic model kit with the little xian figure? I know, I know I should do my own homework but just give me this crib note just this once.
The two small one are resin and the big one I made from styrofoam, actually the xain is a set with four xain and the female,I forgot her name. listen don't worry about doing your homework. I don't mine helping out we're all godzilla fans '' I know mecha king kong will kick king seear dairy air! made by resin chef.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To g robot : LOL, I hear ya brother. Thanks for posting those pics. I love looking at everyones collections.

To Doombot: you might want to pull that tail back off then submerge the tail section and the rear of Godzilla in a pan of boiling water to REALLY soften that vinyl up. Let it cool off,then soften it back up again to re-attach the tail. Vinyl kinda has a memory & will re-form to its original specs when heated up & cooled back down. A lot of people use a hair dryer which is fine,, but it won't soften it up as well as boiling water. That may be enough to tighten up that connection from the body to the tail. Hope it works.

burninggoji
Yojimbo

Post by burninggoji »

g robot wrote:burninggoji is that glue oozing from your varan exclusive?
yes there is glue slop on that ric boy.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

Still a cool figure. About how long is it? Does anyone know if there's been a flying varan made before by any other company? Hhmmmm,more homework. :?

RPtremblay
Young Farmer

Post by RPtremblay »

Hey All,

New to this forum, And just wanted to offer a Hello! to everyone. Have a few model kits I'm looking to trade for certain X-Plus figures. Other than requiring a little bit of clean-up, And your own paint job, I have the Billiken King Kong and Billiken Mechani-Kong that I'm willing to trade. I'm willing to bargain on this. So if someone has one of the following figures, I will gladly trade BOTH kits for one figure.

-Ryan

The main figures I'm looking for are as follows:
X-Plus Godzilla 1966 (Regular version)
X-Plus Godzilla 1968
X-Plus Rodan 1968
X-Plus Jet Jaguar.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Legion1979 wrote:A few more photos showing the sizes differences between the 25cm and 30cm figures...

Loving your Gorosaurus pics Legion. I think this 25cm Gorosaurus is the best figure of Goro released since the orginal 8 inch Bandai figure. Can't wait to get mine (keeping a look out for it around Tokyo).
g robot wrote: Image
The 25cm figure looks far better than the 30cm Varan figure (which was probably the most overrated figure of the year next to SH King Ghidorah imo). I still don't think either one holds a candle to the Marmit MH, Marusan, and CCP Varan figures, but different strokes for different folks...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

I kind of regret jumping the gun and buying the 30cm Varan. The way its sculpted, the vinyl on its right foot bends too easily causing the figure to lean far over to the right to the point where its tail is elevated off the shelf, or to the point it just falls over. This and the issue I have with the 30cm Rodan are why I am switching over to the 25cm line exclusively.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

Anyone here happen to pick up that ric-boy x-plus Biollante w/damage Godzilla for $798. On eBay yesterday? If anyone did, nice grab.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

Nice grab, true indeed thats one figure I've been searching for or hunting but I watch it go up and up, then I said aw hell never mind delete. My wife told me she's gotten me something rare for Xmas.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

^ Thanks grobot, thanks for the build up. Now I can't wait. LOL I love surprises. Even when there not mine. ;)

RPtremblay
Young Farmer

Post by RPtremblay »

Zillabot. You mentioned a few problems with the 30CM Varan. Is there a possible defect? I have the same figure, And haven't run into these issues. Only figure I've had any issues with is Megalon. He tends to lean forward unless you place him on a base.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

kaiju king wrote:^ Thanks grobot, thanks for the build up. Now I can't wait. LOL I love surprises. Even when there not mine. ;)
I know for fact it not a Xplus 800$ bio that's all I'm saying seriously, a venus fly trap is good enuf, the real one.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

LMAO...dude I got a Venus fly trap last year for Christmas for real as a gag gift from my niece. Still got it.LOL.

Question for x-plus Biollante owners out there. Are you able to bend the tendrils into different positions? Or do you think they'll break? I'm to chicken to try.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

I don't think that there are too many biollante owners to ask that question to. X-plus toho series vinyl is so soft that I can't imagine it breaking though if you get it nice and hot.. Post some pics if you get it re-shaped.
RPtremblay wrote:Zillabot. You mentioned a few problems with the 30CM Varan. Is there a possible defect? I have the same figure, And haven't run into these issues. Only figure I've had any issues with is Megalon. He tends to lean forward unless you place him on a base.
Both Varan and Megalon leaning problems can be fixed by some simple heating and reshaping of the figure.

And I don't know what "ebirahsmeg1" is talking about. Overratted? the 30cm Varan is F*#kin' BADASS. I'm glad that I got it. My 25 cm Varan is on the way, it will be a nice companion piece to the larger standing one, plus mine will have the little flying one. Three Varans! yay!

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

The 25cm figure looks far better than the 30cm Varan figure (which was probably the most overrated figure of the year next to SH King Ghidorah imo). I still don't think either one holds a candle to the Marmit MH, Marusan, and CCP Varan figures, but different strokes for different folks...
SH KG was overrated? Pretty sure it was lambasted to hell by many SHM fans and other buyers like Legion and yourself. Alot of people were (rightfully) disappointed with it.

The 30cm Varan isn't particuarly overrated either. It never received much attention to begin with compared to say, Titanosaurus.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To masonwerx :ya your probably right about any helping advice on that Biollante. The price on that beast kept it from flying off the shelf I'd imagine. Just thought I'd ask. My cat manage to tip over a 4 tier shelf that stands 41/2 ft. High yesterday. I had about 18 x-plus figures on it with my Biollante at the top center. I came home to find the shelving unit face down with those figures scattered underneath and about. My fear was that this time of year that room stays around 55° so the vinyl is rather stiff & tends to be more brittle and easily breakable . Unlike the guys out in Arizona & warmer states that deal with your figs getting to soft. Well the tendrils on Biollante are in two segments from the base. So halfway up one tendril it snapped apart about a 1/8 of an inch. Nothing glue can't fix. But in observing the break there is a wire that runs inside the length of the tendril. I'm guessing it's for rigidity. But I was wondering if they were ment to be bendable to suit your pose. After further observation I don't think u can. It's much firmer vinyl on the tendrils than other vinyl pieces. Probably again for rigidity. If it happens again I'll probably be brought up on charges for animal cruelty.

IMO I think the 30cm Varan is a killer figure. The 25cm is badass also,my main complaint about it is the seam in the bend of the tail. It doesn't need to be there. Poor design IMO.

So what's the beef on sh K.G.? I've seen it,it looks pretty cool. The only one in that line I bought was the comic con edition red Godzilla. I'm not crazy about articulated figs to begin with.
Last edited by kaiju king on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

Yeah, I live in Texas so my X-plus figures are all soft and squishy all the time, lol!

Sucks about your Biollante, but you've got modeling skills. you can fix it up, I'm sure. Just a good thing that you didn't have any resin models on that shelf !!!

About the SHMA Ghidorah; Apparently it isn't much of a "toy" as people were hoping. If you play with it much it falls apart and constantly has to be snapped back together. Also the wing joints break easily. There were some other complaints too, like kids getting injured due to jagged edges, etc. These complaints are all over the japanese websites as well.

It turned out to be more of a display piece, but the whole point of the monsterarts/ultra-act line is that they are supposed to be poseable/playable figures. I have some ultra act figures and they are great, but I don't have any SHMA. I would've bought the Ghidorah, but there are just too many complaints about it.