2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which Figure Should X-Plus Absolutely Release in 2013?

1. Battra
10%
2. Destroyah
19%
3. Gabara
16%
4. Guiron Gamera villain
2%
5. Gyaos Gamera villain
2%
6. Kamakiras
8%
7. Megaguirus
9%
8. Orga
11%
9. Space Godzilla
22%
10. Viras Gamera villain
1%

Total votes: 108

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Re: 2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

Post by kaiju king »

^ ya i got the skills. its not actually a break as much as a seam sepeation. no biggie. no s**t about the resin fig. i dont know if you saw the pics i posted of my king seesar i built a painted.It came out really nice. but it was on the shelf next to the one that tipped over. the ears on it would definatly be the first thing to break on it.On the shma ghidorha i figured it would have something to do with wings breaking. i wonder what x-pluses fix is going to be for there K.G. so they dont run into breaking problems that MA & bandai have seemed to run into? maybe a aluminum frame work for the wings skeleton. & you know the wings r going to have to be snaped in. inbed a aluminum receiving piece in the body of K.G. and a aluminum bracket that slides into it from the wings.IDK,something has got to be strengthen in that area though or its going to be more of the same. i have the bandai model kit of k.g. and it looks fantasic but those wings are brittle. my x-plus resin king g on the stand,also a killer version its wings are a bit touchy. i also have a kit of king ghidorha wrapped around godzilla to simulate the '91 movie poster its also a great piece,and ITS wings are precarious. so i hope x-plus does it right.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

kaiju king wrote:^ ya i got the skills. its not actually a break as much as a seam sepeation. no biggie. no s**t about the resin fig. i dont know if you saw the pics i posted of my king seesar i built a painted.It came out really nice. but it was on the shelf next to the one that tipped over. the ears on it would definatly be the first thing to break on it.On the shma ghidorha i figured it would have something to do with wings breaking. i wonder what x-pluses fix is going to be for there K.G. so they dont run into breaking problems that MA & bandai have seemed to run into? maybe a aluminum frame work for the wings skeleton. & you know the wings r going to have to be snaped in. inbed a aluminum receiving piece in the body of K.G. and a aluminum bracket that slides into it from the wings.IDK,something has got to be strengthen in that area though or its going to be more of the same. i have the bandai model kit of k.g. and it looks fantasic but those wings are brittle. my x-plus resin king g on the stand,also a killer version its wings are a bit touchy. i also have a kit of king ghidorha wrapped around godzilla to simulate the '91 movie poster its also a great piece,and ITS wings are precarious. so i hope x-plus does it right.
Yeah I remembered the Seesar. It was pretty sweet.

I've got one of those Resin X-plus Ghidorah's from 2004 as well. It is still in the box though. I don't want to take it out until I have a good place to display it. I got a pretty decent deal on it too and it came with replacement heads. It has never been put together. I only opened it to check it and it is mint. I'm thinking of repainting the eyes red on the second set of heads so that I can have two different looks for the statue, once I have a decent place to display it that is.

And that Yuji Sakai model from the 91 poster is one of the coolest models out there besides some of the ultra expensive super custom stuff.

RPtremblay
Young Farmer

Post by RPtremblay »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:
The 25cm figure looks far better than the 30cm Varan figure (which was probably the most overrated figure of the year next to SH King Ghidorah imo). I still don't think either one holds a candle to the Marmit MH, Marusan, and CCP Varan figures, but different strokes for different folks...
SH KG was overrated? Pretty sure it was lambasted to hell by many SHM fans and other buyers like Legion and yourself. Alot of people were (rightfully) disappointed with it.

The 30cm Varan isn't particuarly overrated either. It never received much attention to begin with compared to say, Titanosaurus.
I was a bit baffled on that statement,too. The 30cm Varan is a beautiful piece. I love the semi-translucent spines along his back. X-Plus truly captured the look of Varan dead on. In my honest opinion, TitanoSaurus---While a great figure, Does have some issues. My main complaints are the antennae, And the lack of detail to his dorsal fin, and tail. They could have added some veins, Or at least somehow faded the colors a bit. The Yellow is simply too bright.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To masonwerx : dang dude,I forgot all about the replacement heads LOL.ya I don't have mine displayed either. Nor my resin x-plus Mothra from that same series. I think those two statutes were the best looking out of that series. I was so pleased with the Mothra I passed on the vinyl one x-plus released earlier in the year. I wish I wouldn't have now. Ya both are still Boxed up till I have a place where my cats can't get to them. That yuji Sakai I have I painted it and then boxed it back up. You can actually put it all together and display it without any glue. Not recommended but you can. Maybe I'll dig it out, put it together & post a pic of it. I got my x-plus. Resin King Ghidorah from house of monster when I was in Chicago back then. A couple of weeks after that I placed an order with them and told them I heard about the replacement heads. They new exactly what I was talking about and offered to send them with my order free of charge. Pretty cool of them. I think the replacement heads had something to do with the horns being bent the wrong way if I remember correctly. As of me posting this I just won the bid on the 2012 Godzilla Christmas ornament, sweet.

The idea of you painting the eyes red sounds killer. Make him look even more evil.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:
SH KG was overrated? Pretty sure it was lambasted to hell by many SHM fans and other buyers like Legion and yourself. Alot of people were (rightfully) disappointed with it.
Lambasted it was. The statement was really just a shot at SHM fans... no need to bring something as inconsequential as facts to the table. As far as the 25cm Varan goes, it seems to be a trend with the non-Goji X Plus monsters. The 30cm figures disappoint while the 25cm figures are excellent.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

To masonwerx and kaiju king, if and when you guys decide to fix up your king ghidorahs please post pics, I still have my extra set of heads also still in the box mint, this is Xplus finest resin limited to 1000. As for king seear. kaiju king which one are you refering to i'm curious, so far the best one and most accurate my opinion is the resin chef ?

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To grobot : it's difficult for me to post pictures being I don't have a p.c. I do all this from my phone. But ill try to get pictures of my k.g. and see if my friend will help me post them. I'm not sure what the resin chef one looks like. Mine was sculpted by a Guy named Brian hugg. I met him at Gfest in '96 and got a killer sculpted Gabera from him. It actually has fake hair fibers I had to put on. Great sculpt,probably the best I've ever seen. My Paint job doesn't do it justice. It was my first resin I ever did.still looks pretty good though. In '98 I hooked up with Brian again and he was casting the king Seesar. At the time it was the best looking king Seesar out. In vinyl or resin. This was in the 30cm range whereas the Gabera is in the 25cm range. But he gave me a killer deal and a free base with it. I posted pictures of it.I don't know if you can look it up in the 2011 x-plus thread or not. I think its in the 50's or 60s page. But ill try to dig them out and get some pics posted. R u able to post pics of your resin chef? Like to see it.

To redzillaking:I agree with you that most of the 25cm x-plus figs r a little better representations than the 30cm one's. I will take exception with the Gorosaurus and my x-plus favorite,the 30cm M.G.'74..................perfection!

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

As far as which is better 25 cm vs. 30 cm, I think that it is pretty even. The 30 cm 1989 Goji is truly freaking awesome! 25 vs 30 is debatable.

And be glad that you got the Resin Mothra from 10 years ago, I have that one as well. To me it is more eye catching than the vinyl/pvc one, but that one is nice as well. I just decided that it wasn't nice enough for me to need two Giant Mothras.

Also this was on the 2012 x-plus forum. I snagged this pic a couple months ago. Your King Seesar:

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

There you go! That be him! I wrote 2011,I ment 2012,D'oh! It was late sorry. Ya it's not completely suite accurate but its pretty cool. Love to see what x-plus will look like. Thanks masonwerx. You did what I can't. Appreciate it.

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

The 30cm figures disappoint while the 25cm figures are excellent.
Really ?

I disagree

Everytime I go over Mike's house I look at his X Plus collection and wish I had some more.

I love my Gorosaurus !

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Yeah, blanket statements like that really don't work. There are some winners in the 30cm collection to be sure. (Really be nice if they made Gargantuas in the 25cm scale for those who missed out on the first run).

There are also some really nice Godzillas in the 30cm scale (54, 62, 02 and 03)

OH, and that Biollante is actually in the 25cm scale

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

Yeah, blanket statements like that really don't work. There are some winners in the 30cm collection to be sure. (Really be nice if they made Gargantuas in the 25cm scale for those who missed out on the first run).
Damn that would be a dream !! I am a huge Gargantuas fan !

My X-Plus '62 is one of my favorite figures in my entire collection !

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

Yep,pretty sweet kingGoji for sure. The Gargantuas are badass as well. That brown one is about spot on whereas the green one's underbite looks a Tad bit exaggerated. I have the wave model kit Gargantuas and there about the 30cm scale. But I'm going to have to concede, I think the x-plus sculpt is better all in all. I too wish for x-plus plus to release them in 25cm. I'd be on that like Gyaos on blood.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

My 30cm King Goji is one of my favorite figures as well.

Anyone actually own the 30cm GMK Goji? I have a renewed interest in that movie...thinking about picking it up. Then again, I might just buy the standard Bandais of each of the kaiju from that film and call it a day.

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

OH, and that Biollante is actually in the 25cm scale
DOH !!!

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

Thanks Kaiju King and Masonwerx, you guys are great. I've posted pics of my King Seesar and Gabara here below. I've had these guys before I started collecting XPlus. Gabara is 14inch and Seesar is 12inch. I have to say when it to 25cm or 30, I like them all, some have issues, some don't. Some stand and some fall.

And, King Ghidorah, you're correct, we need Gargauntuas in 25cm scale, also missed the boat on those 2 brothers.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To king_GHIDORAH:You probably could pick up all four gmk kaiju from bandai for the price of the x-plus 30cm GMK Goji

To grobot : great comparison pictures dude. I get the jist of the size of your figures. I like the sculpt on your Seesar better than mine.what brand is that? But as for Gabera, I like the sculpt of mine better. What brand is that Gabera? Did you build and paint yours?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

kaiju king wrote:To king_GHIDORAH:You probably could pick up all four gmk kaiju from bandai for the price of the x-plus 30cm GMK Goji

To grobot : great comparison pictures dude. I get the jist of the size of your figures. I like the sculpt on your Seesar better than mine.what brand is that? But as for Gabera, I like the sculpt of mine better. What brand is that Gabera? Did you build and paint yours?

Yeah, I was thinking about picking them up in additon to a X Plus GMK Goji but that's a heck of a lot of money. If I decide to go with just the GMK Bandai figures it's not the end of the world...the GMK figures are some of the best figures Bandai has ever done.

Edit* Just checked, I could buy all the Bandais and the Glitter exclusive for what the 30cm GMK Goji is going for lol. Still interested in seeing if anyone has any pics of that figure though.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

Hey I can tell your king seesar is rare one stand up ears nice never saw that before. My is made by resin chef team ukeke and gabara as far as I know some random japanese guy with lettering JG on bottom of foot. If you take notice Xplus uses so me of the same sculpts as resin chef and monster maker. Almost forgot I like to paint as of right know I'm building a 36 inch shelly foss tugboat, just had to mention nothing to do with XPLUS sorry.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

g robot wrote:Hey I can tell your king seesar is rare one stand up ears nice never saw that before. My is made by resin chef team ukeke and gabara as far as I know some random japanese guy with lettering JG on bottom of foot. If you take notice Xplus uses so me of the same sculpts as resin chef and monster maker. Almost forgot I like to paint as of right know I'm building a 36 inch shelly foss tugboat, just had to mention nothing to do with XPLUS sorry.
Haha, I get it. JG=Japanese Guy