2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which Figure Should X-Plus Absolutely Release in 2013?

1. Battra
10%
2. Destroyah
19%
3. Gabara
16%
4. Guiron Gamera villain
2%
5. Gyaos Gamera villain
2%
6. Kamakiras
8%
7. Megaguirus
9%
8. Orga
11%
9. Space Godzilla
22%
10. Viras Gamera villain
1%

Total votes: 108

Brutazilla
Yojimbo

Re: 2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

Post by Brutazilla »

I'm really hoping the 25cm 1964 King Ghidorah gets announced soon. Wonder what the Ric Boy edition will come with?
Brutazilla Youtube Channel
Check out my youtube channel for Godzilla figure reviews and more!

Jon
GPN Volunteer

Post by Jon »

Possibly the meteorite,
but preferably a Planet X UFO.
I suppose if they did a 1968 sculpt they could even be creative and make a translucent Fire Dragon.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

XP updated their site with new announcements this morning, but the news is nothing new on the Godzilla front. All new item announcements are ultraman figures.

Ghidorahs3rdHead
Samurai

Post by Ghidorahs3rdHead »

No problems with that, honestly. After the holidays, I don't mind a month off whatsoever. Ghidorah, or any other Goji figures will be announced, when they are announced.

Jon
GPN Volunteer

Post by Jon »

Maybe they're holding off the really good Godzilla-related releases so they can slap the "60th Anniversary" sticker on them.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

Maybe we'll see a slew of reissues and I'll be able to get my Jet Jaguar :huge:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Jon wrote:Maybe they're holding off the really good Godzilla-related releases so they can slap the "60th Anniversary" sticker on them.
I don't think it would matter. Anything announced this month wouldn't come out til next year anyway.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

They show Zigra in their blog. So I see we're just waiting for Jiger for the last of the classic Gamera foes.
The other figures are Ultraman, from what I can tell from the silhouettes of them. You know how XP likes to tease us :?

jrcrunch
Yojimbo

Post by jrcrunch »

Steph3dfx wrote:I tested my X-plus Godzilla 1962 theory :
I used a 12v blue LED strip, 12v power supply, a femal connector, a tie wrap and a few pieces of electric tape and foam tape (the super sticky double sided type)

http://imageshack.us/a/img836/2827/img1090m.jpg

And as a result you can turn a regular Godzilla 1962 into a real bad ass, similar to the ric boy version

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/1024/img1089mx.jpg
is this a regular diamond x-plus 1962 with custom led?

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

I modified a 25 cm Godzilla 1962, wich came with translucent fins, and this kind of modification is only possible with this type of fins or on any other translucent parts.
For exemple Hedorah's standard eyes are probably the same as the ric boy version and I believe the mod would work on this figure.

Soon, I will try something similar on my G-1999 with red led and If I'm lucky I will get the red glow from his mouth as well as the glowing red fins.

jrcrunch
Yojimbo

Post by jrcrunch »

Steph3dfx wrote:I modified a 25 cm Godzilla 1962, wich came with translucent fins, and this kind of modification is only possible with this type of fins or on any other translucent parts.
For exemple Hedorah's standard eyes are probably the same as the ric boy version and I believe the mod would work on this figure.

Soon, I will try something similar on my G-1999 with red led and If I'm lucky I will get the red glow from his mouth as well as the glowing red fins.
thanks steph3dfx :D

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

In the meantime my 30 cm collection is getting 2 new additions with G54 and G03 :

1954 / 1964 / 1989 / 2000 / 2003

jrcrunch
Yojimbo

Post by jrcrunch »

anybody got the 1968 30cm godzilla? ric or regular? thanks

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

We have two active X-Plus threads. This one is old. Can someone lock this one so it doesn't keep floating to the top of the threads?

kaijumaikeru
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijumaikeru »

-post removed-
Last edited by kaijumaikeru on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

So I've been thinking of selling one of my X-Plus figures lately but I wouldn't want to accidentally ask for a price that would get me Naruto'd by the fandom, so you guys tell me, how do you determine the aftermarket price of a figure like Megalon? I mean, I bought it for a song and a dance way back, and as nice of a guy as I am, the figure is worth a Hell of a lot more than I paid. Does that make me evil for wanting to get the most out of selling a toy I own? Thanks for the feedback in advance.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Cap, please don't drag drama from the SHMA thread into the X-Plus thread. It's cool if you want insight on what to sell your figure for, but it appears you purposely worded it to continue the drama discussion. Thanks.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Cap, please don't drag drama from the SHMA thread into the X-Plus thread. It's cool if you want insight on what to sell your figure for, but it appears you purposely worded it to continue the drama discussion. Thanks.
Actually, this has to do with modding activity on my FB group and me trying to get some objective input and information regarding sales of aftermarket figures, especially as it's an area of which I have little experience (I don't really sell any of my figures). I do have the X-Plus Megalon and I have been thinking of selling it for some time now since I don't collect the line and it would absolutely be a profit for me.

Forgive me if you read drama into a question that activity in the fandom has prompted my curiosity on.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score