2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which Figure Should X-Plus Absolutely Release in 2013?

1. Battra
10%
2. Destroyah
19%
3. Gabara
16%
4. Guiron Gamera villain
2%
5. Gyaos Gamera villain
2%
6. Kamakiras
8%
7. Megaguirus
9%
8. Orga
11%
9. Space Godzilla
22%
10. Viras Gamera villain
1%

Total votes: 108

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Re: 2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

Post by g robot »

MasonWerx wrote:
g robot wrote:Hey I can tell your king seesar is rare one stand up ears nice never saw that before. My is made by resin chef team ukeke and gabara as far as I know some random japanese guy with lettering JG on bottom of foot. If you take notice Xplus uses so me of the same sculpts as resin chef and monster maker. Almost forgot I like to paint as of right know I'm building a 36 inch shelly foss tugboat, just had to mention nothing to do with XPLUS sorry.
Haha, I get it. JG=Japanese Guy
NO NO all jokes aside.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

^ YA mines pretty rare. So is my Gabera. He (Brian Hugg) didn't do very many of either. From what I understand maybe 10 to fifteen of each. Not positive tho. So did you build & paint your Seesar & Gabera? At the very least send me a picture of that tug when your done. P.m. me with it if anything. I have many interest. Definitely like to see that when your done. How many x-plus plus figs do you own?

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

kaiju king wrote:^ YA mines pretty rare. So is my Gabera. He (Brian Hugg) didn't do very many of either. From what I understand maybe 10 to fifteen of each. Not positive tho. So did you build & paint your Seesar & Gabera? At the very least send me a picture of that tug when your done. P.m. me with it if anything. I have many interest. Definitely like to see that when your done. How many x-plus plus figs do you own?
23 total waiting on 2 from HobbySearch, that's not including the 8 inch XPlus I have no room on my shelves, so most of those are in totes.
Yes, I did paint mine with the airbrush, I'm pretty good but not the best.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To grobot : sweet! Another fellow Modeler. I have a bran new badger air compressor & paschie air gun I can't use do to my girl being extremely sensitive to the fumes. Bummer! I have a tsukuda '56 Rodan kit,Kaiyoto yuji sakai '68 Godzilla kit,Paradise guilala kit,billikin Pegila kit,wave Gargantuas (both of them) &a resin Titanosaurus kit I wont be able to build. It sucks. That's one of the main reasons for collecting the x-plus stuff. So far I've amassed 27 figs. In 30cm I have '74m.g.,Titanosaurus, Varan, & guilala. In 25cm I have in the way of Godzilla, '64,'66,'67,'68,'71,2-'73,'84,'gmk & other kaiju in 25cm,Varan, '56 Rodan, Hedora,Baragon, Angillas, Gorosaurus, Gigan, Megalon, Jet Jaguar , '74 m.g.,Biollante, Aron, powered Gomora, & Iris. I miss not building my kits. I live vicariously through other modelers on this site. But I love my x-plus.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

My collection started with bandai, which are now stored in totes. I did start with the shogun, which I'll never forget my mother who threw it in the garbage when i was younger :cry: Kaiju King your collection is an array. To name everything, I can't do that because a lot of it is boxed up and some I can't tell who it's made by. The only things on display is Xplus 25cm and 30cm and most of MM28 unfortunately still trying to hunt down some 25cm, at least 5 or 6 I've missed.
Right now waiting on 62 godzilla to be released at end of month.
But I just wanted to ask if you or anybody on Toho Kingdom did they preorder the barugon because there's no talk about it.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

Array? That's a perfect description. My collection started with the Aurora Godzilla kit in the 70s then the kingGoji in'85 & from there on out I amassed every 8" standard bandai to date,with exception of little g. Still haven't popped for that one yet. I couldn't list all my figs either. 98% of its in my storage unit. I'm fighting display space just like every one else. Though I doubt I would display any of my trendmaster stuff. Lots of my candy toys are displayed in numerous custom made display cases that hang on my wall in my g room. I actually ran across my proclamation figures I had completely forgot about till the other day. I never proclaimed to be the "Kaiju king". It was a name given to me by pen pals in the infant days of Gfan. I had more figures than most,not as much as some (mainly dealers). It just stuck. Nowadays it's not the most impressive collection being the internet has helped collectors out a lot. I had met a Guy pleading with someone to hook him up with a bandai Baragon in the early days of Gfan. So I wrote him and sent him a picture of mine telling him I would try to help in his search. We became friends and now Greg cordero is a dealer and I buy stuff from him time to time. How times change. As for the shogun Godzilla,even as a kid I couldn't bring myself to play with that abomination LOL. I've had multiple chances to pick really nice ones up. I've passed. I'll stick with mazinga & dragon.

But now I'm exclusively x-plus. As I stated earlier can't really do models anymore. I also have the kaiyoto big Guy that's unbuilt in my storage unit also. & yes I do have that excellent looking Barugon on preorder. As well as the showa Gamera, '64 Rodan, '62 G standard & w/light up fins (if my buddy will be able to pic it up for me).. I don't know how far I will go in the Gamera line. I will definitely pic up a showa gyaos tho. Here I go again. I should of got the '96 Gamera being its my favorite version of it.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

Growing up in the 70"s you either had godzilla, gamera or a greenmachine but if when Xplus decide to do gamera I plan to do just the 25cm showa lineup.
I'm quite sure we're not the only one's to shift our collection's around now that Xplus has become more and more accurate.
What is the holdup with a Xplus king ghidora, long overdue?

Brad Simmons
Monarch Researcher

Post by Brad Simmons »

Wow, I had no idea Space Godzilla was so popular! He's run away with the 2013 poll, Big Time!!

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

He has a very neat design. Unfortunately his movie is very sub par.
However, if X-Plus were to make a figure of him, I'd buy it in a heartbeat - no matter whether it's the 25cm line or 30cm line.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To grobot:Who knows! I'm not going to complain,I'm not working very much at the moment so funds are very tight. But I know a lot of you would rather have it sooner than later. I can wait. Love the anticipation. I'm wondering if they have plans to release the '64 or '65 Ghidorha? I wonder if they (x-plus) monitor this thread?

Hhmmm,greenmachine! David Whittaker had the greenmachine,he lived across the street & Ronnie crucher & I both had big wheels with the "quick stop racing brake" for killer power slides. When it was time to go in that's when I broke out the Mattel vertibird. My little sister was off in her room playing with the light bright.

I love the look of space Godzilla. Part Godzilla part Biollante. His roar was kinda wicked too. Had a little Biollante to it. They didn't utilize him good enough. That's not really not the word I'm looking for. But I understand why he wasn't that mobile. I voted for him in this time around.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

One that did'nt get a lot of love is kumoga ,from the 2012 poll.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

I'd buy King Seasar if they make a 25cm figure of him. He's another favorite Showa kaiju of mine.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

To legion1979:Ya,you might be onto something there. But if x-plus pays any attention to the market or even this forum it would just stand to reason they go where the $$$ are. I have a sneaking suspicion that were gonna possibly see some heises foes come along this year. Maybe not many but I'm thinking at least a couple. Final form Destroyah is what everyone wants see I'm sure, but a second stage flying form w/stand would also be the bees knees.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Legion is right. Typically, for the high-end, near 100 dollars and over range, the Showa Toho stuff sells very well. The people with that sort of expendable cash are usually in early 30s or older which means the era they are most fond of is the Showa era. The Hesei era fans are starting to get older, having more cash to spend, but I still don't know if there are as many Hesei era fans that can spend large sums of money like the Showa fans.

Oddly enough, Gamera is kind of the inverse. Showa era Gamera seems to sell ok...but the Hesei era typically is the era that gets the most attention. Still, if you look at the Hobby Search Top 10 and Barugon is pretty high on there. He's one of the the kaiju that a lot of people seem to love. I think the Guiron and Gyaos will sell well too. Zigra, Jiger and Viras....maybe not so much. Of course Legion will prob buy them all lol.

*Edit. Actually, the monsters I want to see the most from X Plus...probably the only ones I'd buy after EX Gomora...are Gorgo and the Rhedosaurus.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

I just wish Xplus would stay in order, they jump from showa to Millenuim to Hensi.
Know I wish, I had gotten that G 2004.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

Well, I'm well into to the showa age group, LOL. & what I'm really wanting is kickass representations of Gabera,Kumunga, and alike. But to me ,the Heisei series had some of the most interesting kaiju designs since the the '70s. But x-plus does have to take the demographics that there trying to appeal to into consideration.

Maybe grobot is just wants a little continuity in the releases. I do. Start from 54 and work your way up. Stay with one movie,finish it out then move to the next. But I guess that would be to predictable. Just wish they (x-plus) would explain the method to there madness.
Last edited by kaiju king on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Legion1979 wrote:
Everyone has done Heisei Gamera figures, to the point where it's gotten really boring. How many '95-'99 figures of Gamera does the world even need? I'm glad the older monsters are getting some attention with high-end toys. However, as much as I want them, I have to pass. $$ just isn't there for this sort of thing.

Oh, I agree completely. I think it's been done to death and been done well. There's really not any Hesei era Gamera character that need new figures. I was just trying to say that the reason it has been done to death is because it sells well. I think companies have been backing off though.

Hesei era Gamera is kind of like Daimajin. I love both trilogies, but once you have a great figure of each Gamera design, and a Daimajin, there's really nothing that keeps me wanting to collect multiple versions of the characters.

I have a small Gamera 96 mini-collection but that's because I'm nuts. Honestly, I'm not huge on having multiple versions of characters, especially not when they're high-end, detailed toys (Gamera 96 and EX Gomora are my two exceptions). The best thing about Artstorm, Gigabrain, M1 and Marmit...is that they allow you to get multiple versions of your favorite characters without it ever seeming to be repetitive. I'd love a Artstorm, Gigabrain or M1 96 Gamera. :(

Heck, I really want Gigabrain to do some non-Toho characters. A Daimajin or Guilala from them would be pretty awesome.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

Legion1979 wrote:
g robot wrote:I just wish Xplus would stay in order, they jump from showa to Millenuim to Hensi.
Know I wish, I had gotten that G 2004.
They...what...?

They don't really jump around that much at all. They've done two Millennium figures (both Godzillas, if you don't count the resin Kiryu) and a handful of Heisei Godzillas and Biollante. Aside from that, it's been nothing but a metric shit-ton of Showa figures, many of them done twice in two different sizes. I don't believe the 2002 Godzilla figure sold that well. I don't see X-Plus spending much time in that era. People want Showa, and that's what we've been getting.

Not getting the complaint.
OK then why are we not finnish with Dam lineup, how many of us are still waiting.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Legion1979 wrote:Besides, X-Plus already did Legion and Irys. ;)
That's what I'm saying playah!! Lol.
Those figures are great. No need to replace them. I mean, why the F would I want a Legion that took up a whole coffee table??? The old figures are ultra-detailed, affordable and decent on space. I've heard a few people say they can't wait to have X Plus Legions and to that I say we already F'n have it!!! Just because something is old-ish doesn't make it bad or in need of an upgrade.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

Legion1979 wrote:I'd say the Yog monsters
Yogs would be cool. I would hope that they would do them in a 18 or so cm size and do a 3 pack. It would save me money and make sense because the yogs aren't as big as Godzilla or Gamera Kaiju just judging by the film so they should be a smaller size.