Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:58 am

I leave them on. It's not like I'm playing with them and they're in the way, they're just sitting on shelves. (and I like the Japanese writing on them)

KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby KingKaiju » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:46 am

I take em off. I think they look odd with a tag hanging off of them. But I keep the tags.

Also, that MMS Gamera looks fan-fucking-tastic. That might be the best Bandai Vinyl figure we've gotten since 2004.

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:03 am

KingKaiju wrote:I take em off. I think they look odd with a tag hanging off of them. But I keep the tags.

Also, that MMS Gamera looks fan-fucking-tastic. That might be the best Bandai Vinyl figure we've gotten since 2004.

Goji 68 from 06 and Jet Jaguar from 07 were putty skreeonking phenomenal. I still need that Jaguar.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby KingKaiju » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:19 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I take em off. I think they look odd with a tag hanging off of them. But I keep the tags.

Goji 68 from 06 and Jet Jaguar from 07 were putty skreeonking phenomenal. I still need that Jaguar.

Jesus. I thought those all came during the 50th anniversary. I stand corrected.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:39 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:

Can't forget Hedorah! Size problems aside, it's the best vinyl representation of the character.

KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby KingKaiju » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:00 pm

Man, I still gotta get me that '68 figure. I've been so caught up with SHMA and X Plus, that the MMS Vinyls have just taken a back seat.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:51 pm

I would love a decent priced MMS Hedorah and Jet Jaguar.

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I would love a decent priced MMS Hedorah and Jet Jaguar.

Both have been getting a lot of promotional stuff recently, wouldn't surprise me if they eventually rerelease old MMS stuff with them.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:39 pm

that would be fantastic. Instant buys.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:08 am

Why all this hullabaloo about the freakin' TAGS?!? Esp as this is about leaving them attached or not?!? Criminy... :eh:

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:26 am

MandaSaurus wrote:Why all this hullabaloo about the freakin' TAGS?!? Esp as this is about leaving them attached or not?!? Criminy... :eh:

skreeonk's your problem? It's just a discussion, don't have a coronary about it.

canofhumdingers
Interpol Agent

Postby canofhumdingers » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:23 am

You know what’s awesome? The ignore list. I only discovered it recently but now I don’t have to see those kind of asinine posts unless someone quotes them... ignorance truly can be bliss.

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:20 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:Why all this hullabaloo about the freakin' TAGS?!? Esp as this is about leaving them attached or not?!? Criminy... :eh:

This isn't worth really giving a substantive response to, but:

The question reveals a lot about people's individual personalities. It reveals why they are collecting in the first place. Are they doing it as a big display they like? Are they playing with the figures themselves? Are they buying them with the intent to resell? You can see many people are mixed on the response, and there is actually a wide range of opinions and thoughts on the issue.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:46 pm

I don't PLAY with the damn things. I fiddle with them, you might say. I leave the tags attached, so that I do not need to keep track of them separately, and as opposed to a BOX, they are not much to bother with. As they don't cost much, I don't really think about resale...

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:20 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:I don't PLAY with the damn things. I fiddle with them, you might say.

So you play with them.

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:14 pm

I collect them and leave them on a shelf and sometimes move the joints to fill the empty void in my heart. Sometimes I even rearrange them.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

MM Raids Again
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MM Raids Again » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:01 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:I don't PLAY with the damn things. I fiddle with them, you might say. I leave the tags attached, so that I do not need to keep track of them separately, and as opposed to a BOX, they are not much to bother with. As they don't cost much, I don't really think about resale...

Still waiting on the response if it is even possible for you make a single post without the use of "..." at the end? God f'n damn.

EVERY. skreeonking. POST.

Anyway, I keep tags on. Mainly because I don't have an issue displaying them with tags and sometimes tags can come in handy for figures like Mothra and Rodan. I have been tempted to take the tags off of the Ultra 500/Spark Doll figures, but meh.
Did you miss me?

godzilla98rules
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby godzilla98rules » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:44 pm

I use to have a card folder for my tags that I was going to store them in, but I decided to keep them on instead. I tend to fiddle/play with any of my toys from time to time. This may be odd (to me it is) but I see it as a stress relief, especially transforming my transformer figures.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4HAZwFtUEJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:14 am

I'm kinda hesitant to play with my toys. Once I tried to play with my Star Wars AAT... I fired its missiles to try and knock down some little object or other, and never found one of the missiles. They only travelled maybe two feet, but that one disappeared. I tore the whole room apart trying to find it, but the only thing I can think is that it fell through the vents in the top of an air conditioner sitting on the floor beside the shelf. I turned the thing upside down and shook it, but got nothing. Still, that's literally the only explanation that doesn't involve poltergeists or interdimensional rifts.

MoK 13
Samurai

Postby MoK 13 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:02 pm

JAGzilla wrote:I'm kinda hesitant to play with my toys. Once I tried to play with my Star Wars AAT... I fired its missiles to try and knock down some little object or other, and never found one of the missiles. They only travelled maybe two feet, but that one disappeared. I tore the whole room apart trying to find it, but the only thing I can think is that it fell through the vents in the top of an air conditioner sitting on the floor beside the shelf. I turned the thing upside down and shook it, but got nothing. Still, that's literally the only explanation that doesn't involve poltergeists or interdimensional rifts.

Bigfoot uses it as a toothpick.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

Destroy All Monsters - We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”