Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Leunames »

I'm not a huge fan of this design, but I really dig this figure. Might be the trick of a large scale Bandai doing its voodoo (could never stay away from big Bandai figures), but overall I'm pleased!

The Godzilla Earth Premium Bandai figure is lowest cost large scale figure available on the market. The paint does a surprisingly good job on the figure which comes up much more nuanced and alluring than the smaller 6" scale figures.
Last edited by Leunames on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Oh look, it's just your average Great Monster Series Bronze Godzilla

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Did anyone mentioned the MMS Gidorah 2018? Scheduled to come out in November. Around 1.720 Yen, sadly no pictures yet.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^It was mentioned a couple of pages back. I don't think there's much to discuss until we have photos.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Also, does anyone know what happened to Club Tokyo and why they don't update anymore? I used to love that site.
Do you mean the website overall, or just the marketplace? Toy listings do still get added occasionally, but the marketplace probably just got engulfed by Facebook. If you have FB, look them up, and you might find items for sale once in a while.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Rody wrote:^It was mentioned a couple of pages back. I don't think there's much to discuss until we have photos.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Also, does anyone know what happened to Club Tokyo and why they don't update anymore? I used to love that site.
Do you mean the website overall, or just the marketplace? Toy listings do still get added occasionally, but the marketplace probably just got engulfed by Facebook. If you have FB, look them up, and you might find items for sale once in a while.
My apologies. I meant what happened to their figure library. They stopped updating new releases back in 2015.

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Oh look, it's just your average Great Monster Series Bronze Godzilla
I've got to review that too.

swfreakjpb
Ronin

Post by swfreakjpb »

DirektorSplennic wrote: I can vouch for this. I own the newer one, while a friend of mine owns the older pink tag version. The pink tag version has a more detailed sculpt and is a tad bit larger, while the newer one has a more accurate head, but is overall less detailed and a tad bit smaller.
It also has less parts

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Premium Bandai BARAGON is coming in January 2019! It includes Frankenstein's hand as a bonus.
p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000128373
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I'm so sick of Premium Bandai. The last three things I wanted (two Kamen Rider figures and now this) are all Premium Bandai. Such a bigger pain in the ass to get a hold of.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'm so sick of Premium Bandai. The last three things I wanted (two Kamen Rider figures and now this) are all Premium Bandai. Such a bigger pain in the ass to get a hold of.
Yah. It was fun when it was announced. But now due to the rarity. It’s basically like they never made the figures at all! Like seriously. How many people Actually got a hold of the Gargantuas and Frankenstein?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Premium releases are meant to be rare though. Its bandai making a figure specifically for die hard collectors. It's an extremely limited run and once its sold out its out

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'm so sick of Premium Bandai. The last three things I wanted (two Kamen Rider figures and now this) are all Premium Bandai. Such a bigger pain in the ass to get a hold of.
Yah. It was fun when it was announced. But now due to the rarity. It’s basically like they never made the figures at all! Like seriously. How many people Actually got a hold of the Gargantuas and Frankenstein?
I got both Gargantuas. Only reason I didn't get Frankie was that I was short of funds during the ordering window...

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

MandaSaurus wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
I got both Gargantuas. Only reason I didn't get Frankie was that I was short of funds during the ordering window...
I was able to get all 3 pretty easy, I even had a shipping with Frankie and was able to order a 2nd one as well.
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Got all three. Frank I got up on release and the Gargantuas I got both recently for a sweet deal

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

OGMechaMothra wrote:Premium Bandai BARAGON is coming in January 2019! It includes Frankenstein's hand as a bonus.
p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000128373
Your link doesn't work - but I found it anyway. Looks good. I'll probably get one...

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Yeah. I actually didn’t have much trouble getting the Gargantuas. Skipped over Frankenstein, but even now I’m not all too concerned. I’m loving the line though. We’re getting nicely detailed figures of more obscure Kaiju. I can only hope that, in the future, we get other characters like Gezora, Kameobas, Varan, Dogora, etc.
Last edited by KingKaiju on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I'd kill for a Varan figure

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Super excited for this Baragon. I hope they keep the premium figures coming
DirektorSplennic wrote:I'd kill for a Varan figure
At G-fest a representative said that Varan is one kaiju they'd love to do a figure for so fingers crossed.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Godzillian wrote:Super excited for this Baragon. I hope they keep the premium figures coming
At G-fest a representative said that Varan is one kaiju they'd love to do a figure for so fingers crossed.
Quick question, how big are these premium figures? If they do a Varan, I'd want him in scale with my dozens of other 6 inch vinyls

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Super excited for this Baragon. I hope they keep the premium figures coming
Quick question, how big are these premium figures? If they do a Varan, I'd want him in scale with my dozens of other 6 inch vinyls
Like 7 inches I guess. They're bigger then the 6 inch but smaller then the 8 inch
Last edited by Godzillian on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.