Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Online
User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10520
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 am

Godzillian wrote:So got my gargantuas and love them. I was wondering about Gaira though. Does the vinyl just have this weird space behind its left arm or is it just mine?
http://imgur.com/gallery/smJdm4g

Mine does not have it either...

User avatar
Petezilla
G-Grasper
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Petezilla » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 am

Yep, it's only yours. Mine is fine, too.
Image
Size DOES matter!

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5474
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Godzillian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:18 am

Oh well, easy enough to fix
Image

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 am

So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13103
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:37 am

DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?


$100-125 maybe?
Image

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:45 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?


$100-125 maybe?


Doesn't sound that bad
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

User avatar
Petezilla
G-Grasper
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Petezilla » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:49 pm

I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.
Image
Size DOES matter!

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13103
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Petezilla wrote:I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.


Orochi was sold in a box? I never knew that!
Image

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Are the other figures from Yamato Takeru worth it? I found the Fish Tentacle God Dude for 30 bucks (forgot the name but I have the link saved)

EDIT: Kaishin Muba. That's it's name.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

User avatar
OGMechaMothra
Samurai
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby OGMechaMothra » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?


Welcome to the right place, I have being trying to hunt all of them down. I am down to Utsuno Ikusagami and Orochi. Some of them were tough to come by and not cheap. Orochi goes for about $200 or higher depending on condition. Good luck!

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:33 pm

OGMechaMothra wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?


Welcome to the right place, I have being trying to hunt all of them down. I am down to Utsuno Ikusagami and Orochi. Some of them were tough to come by and not cheap. Orochi goes for about $200 or higher depending on condition. Good luck!


Would a Kaishin Muba for $30 be considered a good deal?
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

User avatar
Petezilla
G-Grasper
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Petezilla » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:39 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Petezilla wrote:I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.


Orochi was sold in a box? I never knew that!

Yep, it was. It's a nice but huge box in a white style with black and red. Here it is seen in the background (sauce is deviantart):

Image
Image
Size DOES matter!

User avatar
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Plastic Beach

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Grunkle Sans » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 am

Finally got MMS Biollante, what a fantastic figure. It's bigger than I thought it would be. It could probably use some more paint but I'm happy with it either way.
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Always be wary of people who use quotes. I don't know who said that." - Murdoc

:gigan:

User avatar
OGMechaMothra
Samurai
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby OGMechaMothra » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:21 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?


Welcome to the right place, I have being trying to hunt all of them down. I am down to Utsuno Ikusagami and Orochi. Some of them were tough to come by and not cheap. Orochi goes for about $200 or higher depending on condition. Good luck!


Would a Kaishin Muba for $30 be considered a good deal?


Yes, I paid $65 with a tag at G-Fest this year.

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:56 pm

OGMechaMothra wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
Welcome to the right place, I have being trying to hunt all of them down. I am down to Utsuno Ikusagami and Orochi. Some of them were tough to come by and not cheap. Orochi goes for about $200 or higher depending on condition. Good luck!


Would a Kaishin Muba for $30 be considered a good deal?


Yes, I paid $65 with a tag at G-Fest this year.


Okay. Now I have a new problem.

I found the Kaishin Muba for $25 (with tag), but I also found the Chogokin Toy's Dream Project Gigan for $40 They are from different stores, so if I get both I would have to pay two shipping prices (It adds up to almost $60 just for shipping). Which figure, if I were to get one, sounds like the better deal?
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13103
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:03 am

DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
Would a Kaishin Muba for $30 be considered a good deal?


Yes, I paid $65 with a tag at G-Fest this year.


Okay. Now I have a new problem.

I found the Kaishin Muba for $25 (with tag), but I also found the Chogokin Toy's Dream Project Gigan for $40 They are from different stores, so if I get both I would have to pay two shipping prices (It adds up to almost $60 just for shipping). Which figure, if I were to get one, sounds like the better deal?


If it's Mandarake, yes you will pay two separate shipping prices. I would say go for the Chogokin Gigan as it's more likely to sell out than the Kaishin Muba.
Image

User avatar
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Plastic Beach

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Grunkle Sans » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).
"Always be wary of people who use quotes. I don't know who said that." - Murdoc

:gigan:

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5474
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Godzillian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Grunkle Sans wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).

minor retool with different paint, skip it since you have the pink tage.
Image

User avatar
godzilla1541
Futurian
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: grand terrace ca

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby godzilla1541 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Godzillian wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).

minor retool with different paint, skip it since you have the pink tage.

Actually I think it’s an entirely new Figure. It’s significantly smaller than the old one.

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 pm

godzilla1541 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).

minor retool with different paint, skip it since you have the pink tage.

Actually I think it’s an entirely new Figure. It’s significantly smaller than the old one.


I can vouch for this. I own the newer one, while a friend of mine owns the older pink tag version. The pink tag version has a more detailed sculpt and is a tad bit larger, while the newer one has a more accurate head, but is overall less detailed and a tad bit smaller.

Added in 20 minutes 26 seconds:
Also, does anyone know what happened to Club Tokyo and why they don't update anymore? I used to love that site.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MandaSaurus and 6 guests