Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 am

Godzillian wrote:So got my gargantuas and love them. I was wondering about Gaira though. Does the vinyl just have this weird space behind its left arm or is it just mine?
http://imgur.com/gallery/smJdm4g

Mine does not have it either...

Petezilla
G-Grasper

Postby Petezilla » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 am

Yep, it's only yours. Mine is fine, too.
Size DOES matter!

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:18 am

Oh well, easy enough to fix

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 am

So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:37 am

DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?

$100-125 maybe?

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:45 am

UltramanGoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?

$100-125 maybe?

Doesn't sound that bad

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

Petezilla
G-Grasper

Postby Petezilla » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:49 pm

I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.
Size DOES matter!

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Petezilla wrote:I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.

Orochi was sold in a box? I never knew that!

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Are the other figures from Yamato Takeru worth it? I found the Fish Tentacle God Dude for 30 bucks (forgot the name but I have the link saved)

EDIT: Kaishin Muba. That's it's name.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#Ghidildo

OGMechaMothra
Samurai

Postby OGMechaMothra » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Welcome to the right place, I have being trying to hunt all of them down. I am down to Utsuno Ikusagami and Orochi. Some of them were tough to come by and not cheap. Orochi goes for about $200 or higher depending on condition. Good luck!

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:33 pm

OGMechaMothra wrote:

Welcome to the right place, I have being trying to hunt all of them down. I am down to Utsuno Ikusagami and Orochi. Some of them were tough to come by and not cheap. Orochi goes for about $200 or higher depending on condition. Good luck!

Would a Kaishin Muba for $30 be considered a good deal?

#Ghidildo

Petezilla
G-Grasper

Postby Petezilla » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:39 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Petezilla wrote:I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.

Orochi was sold in a box? I never knew that!

Yep, it was. It's a nice but huge box in a white style with black and red. Here it is seen in the background (sauce is deviantart):

Size DOES matter!

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Postby Grunkle Sans » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 am

Finally got MMS Biollante, what a fantastic figure. It's bigger than I thought it would be. It could probably use some more paint but I'm happy with it either way.
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Always be wary of people who use quotes. I don't know who said that." - Murdoc

:gigan:

OGMechaMothra
Samurai

Postby OGMechaMothra » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:21 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:

Yes, I paid $65 with a tag at G-Fest this year.

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:56 pm

OGMechaMothra wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:

Okay. Now I have a new problem.

I found the Kaishin Muba for $25 (with tag), but I also found the Chogokin Toy's Dream Project Gigan for $40 They are from different stores, so if I get both I would have to pay two shipping prices (It adds up to almost $60 just for shipping). Which figure, if I were to get one, sounds like the better deal?
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#Ghidildo

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:03 am

DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:

Okay. Now I have a new problem.

I found the Kaishin Muba for $25 (with tag), but I also found the Chogokin Toy's Dream Project Gigan for $40 They are from different stores, so if I get both I would have to pay two shipping prices (It adds up to almost $60 just for shipping). Which figure, if I were to get one, sounds like the better deal?

If it's Mandarake, yes you will pay two separate shipping prices. I would say go for the Chogokin Gigan as it's more likely to sell out than the Kaishin Muba.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Postby Grunkle Sans » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).
"Always be wary of people who use quotes. I don't know who said that." - Murdoc

:gigan:

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Grunkle Sans wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).

minor retool with different paint, skip it since you have the pink tage.

godzilla1541
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby godzilla1541 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Godzillian wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).

Actually I think it’s an entirely new Figure. It’s significantly smaller than the old one.

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 pm

godzilla1541 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

Actually I think it’s an entirely new Figure. It’s significantly smaller than the old one.

I can vouch for this. I own the newer one, while a friend of mine owns the older pink tag version. The pink tag version has a more detailed sculpt and is a tad bit larger, while the newer one has a more accurate head, but is overall less detailed and a tad bit smaller.

Added in 20 minutes 26 seconds:
Also, does anyone know what happened to Club Tokyo and why they don't update anymore? I used to love that site.

#Ghidildo

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”