Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Online
User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11276
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 am

MandaSaurus wrote:Anyone seen newer photos of the upcoming Radon & Gigan vinyls? The first ones we saw were kinda small and lacked detail... :eh:


Image
Image

They're basically going to look the exact same as they always have so not sure why you're so interested in photos of them.
Image
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

User avatar
Maritonic
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3313
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Maritonic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 am

Image

Added in 41 seconds:
Not terribly impressed with these guys. Guess cool for people who missed out on pass releases?
Resized Image

The dead won't bother you...it's the living you have to worry about.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
MM Raids Again
G-Grasper
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby MM Raids Again » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:05 pm

I am going to laugh if the Rodan tag features Showa Rodan, however.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
Hokmuto
Interpol Agent
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Hokmuto » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Have you guys seen that Purple Translucent Shin Godzilla? It looks pretty awesome. I am just wondering when it is releasing.
Long Live The King

User avatar
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:06 pm

nice to see pictures, I've had them pre-ordered since they became available.

Rodan looks better than I expected actually.

User avatar
GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 am
Location: wherever I'm needed
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:35 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:I am going to laugh if the Rodan tag features Showa Rodan, however.

tbh. After what they did with tags of the recent Mothra figs, that wouldn't surprise me.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Godzillian » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:37 pm

If the toy having the wrong picture on it is an issue in your life, count yourself as beyond lucky
Image

Petezilla
G-Grasper
Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Petezilla » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Hokmuto wrote:Have you guys seen that Purple Translucent Shin Godzilla? It looks pretty awesome. I am just wondering when it is releasing.

It already has been released. It's a Taiwan Exhibition exclusive and already going for them big bucks.
Image
Size DOES matter!

User avatar
Maritonic
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3313
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 am

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:nice to see pictures, I've had them pre-ordered since they became available.

Rodan looks better than I expected actually.


Really? I think the yellow on him is way too bright, personally. The wings look cool, but his chest and legs looks almost cartoonish to me.
Resized Image

The dead won't bother you...it's the living you have to worry about.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8766
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby SpaceG92 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 am

You all know those AREN'T the colors of the reissues right? FW Rodan is the pink tag and Gigan is the Green tag variants from a while back.

Expect the colors to look vaguely similar just unpainted on the back and less paint overall.

Online
User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11276
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

Yeah sorry to cause confusion with those.
Image
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

User avatar
Maritonic
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3313
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:34 am

SpaceG92 wrote:Expect the colors to look vaguely similar just unpainted on the back and less paint overall.


+1

This whole unpainted on the back thing really confuses me.
Resized Image

The dead won't bother you...it's the living you have to worry about.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8766
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby SpaceG92 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:32 am

Maritonic wrote:This whole unpainted on the back thing really confuses me.

You don't, if ever see them from the back. Why waste materials on painting the back or even painting area's correctly? :P

User avatar
Maritonic
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3313
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:32 am

SpaceG92 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:This whole unpainted on the back thing really confuses me.

You don't, if ever see them from the back. Why waste materials on painting the back or even painting area's correctly? :P


No yeah I get the logistics. Still lazy af lol
Resized Image

The dead won't bother you...it's the living you have to worry about.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am

well, the description of less paint is about what I expected. It's why I said those pics looked better than what I was expecting.

ok, back to expecting what I was expecting. hahaha

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8766
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby SpaceG92 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 am

If anything Biollante is a good example of what the expect paint wise and Goidzura-URF SpitmuhFire version is what to expect when they want to do "extreme" paint apps.

What you shouldn't expect is Ultra DX Greeza or Ultra Kaiju Shepardon. Though hey, wouldn't put it past them.

User avatar
Dramorg
Samurai
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 2:20 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Dramorg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:57 am

Hold on a second, those pictures up there aren't from the new Rodan and Gigan vinyls, they are the old ones (just look closely and you see the old G-09 tag on Gigan, and even closer to see the old tag for Rodan).

Ah Showa Rodan tag would be pretty funny! I'm looking forward to see, whether the new Rodan will have realistic eyes instead of shiny green ones the old release had.

User avatar
Maritonic
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3313
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 am

Dramorg wrote:Hold on a second, those pictures up there aren't from the new Rodan and Gigan vinyls, they are the old ones (just look closely and you see the old G-09 tag on Gigan, and even closer to see the old tag for Rodan).


Ahem....

SpaceG92 wrote:You all know those AREN'T the colors of the reissues right? FW Rodan is the pink tag and Gigan is the Green tag variants from a while back.

Expect the colors to look vaguely similar just unpainted on the back and less paint overall.
Resized Image

The dead won't bother you...it's the living you have to worry about.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Dramorg
Samurai
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 2:20 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Dramorg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 am

Maritonic wrote:
Dramorg wrote:Hold on a second, those pictures up there aren't from the new Rodan and Gigan vinyls, they are the old ones (just look closely and you see the old G-09 tag on Gigan, and even closer to see the old tag for Rodan).


Ahem....


Sorry, just kept scrolling through and read about all of them writing like those are the new ones

User avatar
MM Raids Again
G-Grasper
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby MM Raids Again » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Godzillian wrote:If the toy having the wrong picture on it is an issue in your life, count yourself as beyond lucky


Well, I already own the original (probably far beyond better painted) versions so I can still laugh.
Did you miss me?


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest