Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I leave them on. It's not like I'm playing with them and they're in the way, they're just sitting on shelves. (and I like the Japanese writing on them)

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I take em off. I think they look odd with a tag hanging off of them. But I keep the tags.

Also, that MMS Gamera looks fan-fucking-tastic. That might be the best Bandai Vinyl figure we've gotten since 2004.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

KingKaiju wrote:I take em off. I think they look odd with a tag hanging off of them. But I keep the tags.

Also, that MMS Gamera looks fan-fucking-tastic. That might be the best Bandai Vinyl figure we've gotten since 2004.
Goji 68 from 06 and Jet Jaguar from 07 were putty fucking phenomenal. I still need that Jaguar.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I take em off. I think they look odd with a tag hanging off of them. But I keep the tags.

Goji 68 from 06 and Jet Jaguar from 07 were putty fucking phenomenal. I still need that Jaguar.
Jesus. I thought those all came during the 50th anniversary. I stand corrected.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:

Can't forget Hedorah! Size problems aside, it's the best vinyl representation of the character.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Man, I still gotta get me that '68 figure. I've been so caught up with SHMA and X Plus, that the MMS Vinyls have just taken a back seat.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

I would love a decent priced MMS Hedorah and Jet Jaguar.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I would love a decent priced MMS Hedorah and Jet Jaguar.
Both have been getting a lot of promotional stuff recently, wouldn't surprise me if they eventually rerelease old MMS stuff with them.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

that would be fantastic. Instant buys.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Why all this hullabaloo about the freakin' TAGS?!? Esp as this is about leaving them attached or not?!? Criminy... :eh:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:Why all this hullabaloo about the freakin' TAGS?!? Esp as this is about leaving them attached or not?!? Criminy... :eh:
Fuck's your problem? It's just a discussion, don't have a coronary about it.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

You know what’s awesome? The ignore list. I only discovered it recently but now I don’t have to see those kind of asinine posts unless someone quotes them... ignorance truly can be bliss.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MandaSaurus wrote:Why all this hullabaloo about the freakin' TAGS?!? Esp as this is about leaving them attached or not?!? Criminy... :eh:
This isn't worth really giving a substantive response to, but:

The question reveals a lot about people's individual personalities. It reveals why they are collecting in the first place. Are they doing it as a big display they like? Are they playing with the figures themselves? Are they buying them with the intent to resell? You can see many people are mixed on the response, and there is actually a wide range of opinions and thoughts on the issue.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I don't PLAY with the damn things. I fiddle with them, you might say. I leave the tags attached, so that I do not need to keep track of them separately, and as opposed to a BOX, they are not much to bother with. As they don't cost much, I don't really think about resale...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:I don't PLAY with the damn things. I fiddle with them, you might say.
So you play with them.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I collect them and leave them on a shelf and sometimes move the joints to fill the empty void in my heart. Sometimes I even rearrange them.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MandaSaurus wrote:I don't PLAY with the damn things. I fiddle with them, you might say. I leave the tags attached, so that I do not need to keep track of them separately, and as opposed to a BOX, they are not much to bother with. As they don't cost much, I don't really think about resale...
Still waiting on the response if it is even possible for you make a single post without the use of "..." at the end? God f'n damn.

EVERY. FUCKING. POST.

Anyway, I keep tags on. Mainly because I don't have an issue displaying them with tags and sometimes tags can come in handy for figures like Mothra and Rodan. I have been tempted to take the tags off of the Ultra 500/Spark Doll figures, but meh.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

I use to have a card folder for my tags that I was going to store them in, but I decided to keep them on instead. I tend to fiddle/play with any of my toys from time to time. This may be odd (to me it is) but I see it as a stress relief, especially transforming my transformer figures.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm kinda hesitant to play with my toys. Once I tried to play with my Star Wars AAT... I fired its missiles to try and knock down some little object or other, and never found one of the missiles. They only travelled maybe two feet, but that one disappeared. I tore the whole room apart trying to find it, but the only thing I can think is that it fell through the vents in the top of an air conditioner sitting on the floor beside the shelf. I turned the thing upside down and shook it, but got nothing. Still, that's literally the only explanation that doesn't involve poltergeists or interdimensional rifts.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

JAGzilla wrote:I'm kinda hesitant to play with my toys. Once I tried to play with my Star Wars AAT... I fired its missiles to try and knock down some little object or other, and never found one of the missiles. They only travelled maybe two feet, but that one disappeared. I tore the whole room apart trying to find it, but the only thing I can think is that it fell through the vents in the top of an air conditioner sitting on the floor beside the shelf. I turned the thing upside down and shook it, but got nothing. Still, that's literally the only explanation that doesn't involve poltergeists or interdimensional rifts.
Bigfoot uses it as a toothpick.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee