Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Godzillian »

I've never seen an exclusive hard to obtain in this day and age. Most of the time preorders are taken for them soon after the announcement. There are a million ways to get them.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Godzillian wrote:I've never seen an exclusive hard to obtain in this day and age. Most of the time preorders are taken for them soon after the announcement. There are a million ways to get them.

Tamashii Nations items, yes, because plenty of people wants those.

Find me an import site that took orders for the MMS Climax Shin. No, seriously, please do. Because I haven't seen one. Vinyls are a totally different ball game. The demand isn't the same. You're stuck with the "perfectly legit businessmen" in the Godzilla collecting community or BBTS.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SJM925 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:I've never seen an exclusive hard to obtain in this day and age. Most of the time preorders are taken for them soon after the announcement. There are a million ways to get them.

Find me an import site that took orders for the MMS Climax Shin. No, seriously, please do. Because I haven't seen one. Vinyls are a totally different ball game. The demand isn't the same. You're stuck with the "perfectly legit businessmen" in the Godzilla collecting community or BBTS.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why people don't just use Mandrake for items that aren't widely brought up/easily imported. But hey, makes it easier for the rest of us to get them. Bandai Premium Gaira without import/middleman service prices... Yes please!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MM Raids Again wrote:
SJM925 wrote:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why people don't just use Mandrake for items that aren't widely brought up/easily imported. But hey, makes it easier for the rest of us to get them. Bandai Premium Gaira without import/middleman service prices... Yes please!
Literally what I was gonna say, Madarake is a true blessing to people that enjoy collecting stuff from Japan. I found both of the items you mentioned on the first page when I searched Shin Godzilla.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Never heard of Madarake before just looked em up holy crap! Do they ship to the US? Or do I need to use a separate proxy service?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

cloverfan98 wrote:Never heard of Madarake before just looked em up holy crap! Do they ship to the US? Or do I need to use a separate proxy service?
Directly to your door step. No middleman.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE? AWESOME!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

cloverfan98 wrote:IS THIS THE REAL LIFE? AWESOME!
Also, to have better chances at finding whatever you're looking for, make sure you search with Japanese characters. For example, instead of putting "Godzilla" in the search bar, put ゴジラ. And make sure you order from the English page and not the Japanese one.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

cloverfan98 wrote:Never heard of Madarake before just looked em up holy crap! Do they ship to the US? Or do I need to use a separate proxy service?

Been a while since I've seen you around these parts man.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Godzillian wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Wait, isn't the premium line just basically statues? Or is that something else I'm thining of?
They have limited articulation, the were initially thought of as just being statues
A quick, illustrative video for reference.
Cybermat47 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:
It's puzzling, why make so many limited products when demand seems high enough that a wider release would mean more money.
What's wrong with doing something directly aimed at collectors?
If it’s aimed at collectors, why are all the collectors here disadvantaged by it?
It's aimed at Japanese collectors. Japanese business can still be very insular; it's something that comes up in discussion of the anime industry too. A lot of the product is made and intended to sell to Japanese consumers specifically; so while the rest of us can easily find out about it in the age of the internet, actually getting ahold of the product is hard because the Japanese businesses don't bother to reach out internationally.
That's how I understand it, at least. Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if they like.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

I just preordered the King Size Climax Shin from Kurama Toy Shop. I went with registered Airmail shipping less than $18, instead of EMS $49.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Anyone here know of a place where one can find 6 inch Ultraman/Ultra Monster vinyls at reasonable prices?
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Anyone here know of a place where one can find 6 inch Ultraman/Ultra Monster vinyls at reasonable prices?
Depends on how you define "reasonable".

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

G1985 wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Anyone here know of a place where one can find 6 inch Ultraman/Ultra Monster vinyls at reasonable prices?
This, it also depends what monsters you want. Mandarake and EBay are the places I've had the most success with getting ultra kaiju

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Godzillian wrote:
G1985 wrote:
This, it also depends what monsters you want. Mandarake and EBay are the places I've had the most success with getting ultra kaiju

duly noted. Thanks guys.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

That MKS Climax is amazing - probably the best Bandai figure since it returned in '14. If Bio is anything like the image, though, she may prove a good contender as well... not that she will, but hey, at least we're finally getting an update on the character that's affordable.
Last edited by Mechagigan on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Mechagigan wrote:If Bio is anything like the image, though, she may prove a good contender as well... not that she will, but hey, at least we're finally getting an update on the character that's affordable.

I'm pretty sure the image used in that picture was just a stock image of Biollante from the film.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:If Bio is anything like the image, though, she may prove a good contender as well... not that she will, but hey, at least we're finally getting an update on the character that's affordable.

I'm pretty sure the image used in that picture was just a stock image of Biollante from the film.
I don't get how people don't grasp this lol. It was totally a stock image, like you said. Very obvious.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

My Premium Bandai Sanda vinyl finally showed up. Same packaging/tags as Gaira, and like Gaira, impeccably painted - no slop, no googly-eyes, etc. Wish I hadn't missed out on the Giant Frankenstein, but looking forward to seeing what Premium Bandai will throw at us next, vinyl-wise... :D

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MandaSaurus wrote:My Premium Bandai Sanda vinyl finally showed up. Same packaging/tags as Gaira, and like Gaira, impeccably painted - no slop, no googly-eyes, etc. Wish I hadn't missed out on the Giant Frankenstein, but looking forward to seeing what Premium Bandai will throw at us next, vinyl-wise... :D
I'm the opposit man, I missed out on Sanda but got Frankenstein lol Guess I'll have to bite the after market bullet for Sanda sooner rather then later