Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:16 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:08 am I was talking about the figures like Showa Ghidorah and Jet Jaguar that came out recently. Weren't those upwards of $100? I admittedly shouldn't have said 'individual' figures, though; you got two cheaply made Jet Jaguar vinyls for that pricetag. :roll:
Yeah, and that completely dissuaded me from buying them despite initial hype. If I’m going to drop $100+ on something I’m probably just going to purchase an x-plus or a heavily stylized marmit figure or something at that point.
Yeeeep. When that line started up with FCTW and WOTG figures, I was 100% on board. Then the Ghidorah set happened and I got it, mainly because I was still hoping it'd be a beacon for kaiju and such we just don't see very often. And then Godzilla '54 also got released. Picked it up as well... And then the line just went nuclear with MechaGodzilla, Fake Godzilla and Jet Jaguar. I abandoned ship. I'm happy with the ones I got, and I admit I'd love to own the MG reveal scene in its full glory, but the cost for these things is nuts.

I was really hoping we'd have gotten more obscure kaiju like the Gargantuas. The Space Amoeba trio, Varan, Dogora... I'd have gladly kept supporting the line. But now? Nah, I'm not supporting a wannabe X-Plus line of a smaller size for the same price.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Especially with Xplus returning to doing 6" figures.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:25 pm Especially with Xplus returning to doing 6" figures.
Where did you hear that?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Its called the Toho Maniacs line. The first 2 figures are Matango and diving suit Serizawa.

https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/x-plus-spr ... s-to-come/
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:23 pm Its called the Toho Maniacs line. The first 2 figures are Matango and diving suit Serizawa.

https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/x-plus-spr ... s-to-come/
I saw the Serizawa pictures and assumed it a RIC exclusive for the new '54, very exciting that it's a separate piece to buy.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Movie Monsters Series Jet Jaguar (not that one) revealed:
https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 63683?s=20

Fuckin' beaut right there. Might skip the Playmates one for this, though the completist in me will still try for both since the PM one will be cheap.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

YOOO! I had no idea this was coming. I assumed SP JJ was THE JJ coming out!
And to think a while ago we were amazed at that crappy little premium JJ coming out. Now we have THREE cool action figures in the same year?? What is happening?!

Fingers crossed for a Megalon next year. And yes, NEXT year... they're totally overloading me this year! :shock:
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Holy. Shit. I've gotta jump on this.

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:32 pm Movie Monsters Series Jet Jaguar (not that one) revealed:

skreeonkin' beaut right there. Might skip the Playmates one for this, though the completist in me will still try for both since the PM one will be cheap.
Oooo where can I order this?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Is this a new sculpt? Definitely looks slightly different from the old MMS JJ

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Very strange that it's a new mold. Not that I'm complaining, of course, it looks stunning! But so did the original, and Bandai could've gotten away with a simple reissue. Perhaps the body is the 2007 one with new arms?

I have the original, but I may get this as well. You can never have too many Jet Jaguars. ;)

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

It's already reached "order stop" status at HLJ. :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:32 pm Movie Monsters Series Jet Jaguar (not that one) revealed:

skreeonkin' beaut right there. Might skip the Playmates one for this, though the completist in me will still try for both since the PM one will be cheap.
Hell yeah, Jet Jaguar Squad. Might be too much to ask for, but a Megalon figure would go great with it. ;)
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Hell yeah, Jet Jaguar Squad. Might be too much to ask for, but a Megalon figure would go great with it. ;)
Jep. I doubt they'll be wise enough to give us a 6" Megalon this time...let alone an updated Showa Gigan (which is long overdue, too)
to go with it. I never even dare to mention G '7... :g2k:
Size DOES matter!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Petezilla wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:45 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Jep. I doubt they'll be wise enough to give us a 6" Megalon this time...let alone an updated Showa Gigan (which is long overdue, too)
to go with it. I never even dare to mention G '7... :g2k:
Didn't they release a showa gigan a few years ago? I remember finding one for dirt cheap on Amazon.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

They’ve had a rerelease of Showa Gigan a couple of times. I think the poster wanted a new mold, but in my opinion it’s fine and a classic.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Yeah, there's a MMS Showa Gigan from like...2017 or something I think? That you can find pretty easily on Amazon and Ebay for decent prices still. An updated one would be nice, but it's not really needed yet since I don't think the MMS one is bad at all apart from its mouth being "closed" (aka filled in with silver). It is an old mold though, the writing on its foot says 1998.

Megalon is much needed, lol. I wonder what's up with the JJ craze recently?? Like, obviously he's always had his fans, every monster does. But let's be real, he's always been one of the corniest monsters in the series, how come so many people recently are hyping him up as an awesome hero? Obviously we have SP coming out but I remember even before we knew about that, there was a sudden rise of JJ fans, at least in my eyes.

I'm not complaining, of course. I saw the light of JJ a while ago. For years I was turned off by his design, but the more I think about it, the more I like it and his character. He's a really unique character within the series. He almost feels a bit forbidden, because goofy tokusatsu ranger-type heroes I feel should be barred from this franchise, yet JJ squeezed his way in and fits in, yet stands out just enough to be weird.

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

That MMS JJ looks too good tbh. I'm guessing the back will be all silver...

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:35 am Yeah, there's a MMS Showa Gigan from like...2017 or something I think? That you can find pretty easily on Amazon and Ebay for decent prices still. An updated one would be nice, but it's not really needed yet since I don't think the MMS one is bad at all apart from its mouth being "closed" (aka filled in with silver). It is an old mold though, the writing on its foot says 1998.

Megalon is much needed, lol. I wonder what's up with the JJ craze recently?? Like, obviously he's always had his fans, every monster does. But let's be real, he's always been one of the corniest monsters in the series, how come so many people recently are hyping him up as an awesome hero? Obviously we have SP coming out but I remember even before we knew about that, there was a sudden rise of JJ fans, at least in my eyes.

I'm not complaining, of course. I saw the light of JJ a while ago. For years I was turned off by his design, but the more I think about it, the more I like it and his character. He's a really unique character within the series. He almost feels a bit forbidden, because goofy tokusatsu ranger-type heroes I feel should be barred from this franchise, yet JJ squeezed his way in and fits in, yet stands out just enough to be weird.
Ever since I got into Godzilla a little over 10 years ago, I always loved Jet Jaguar. He's corny but is really an appealing design. The colors especially, plus his ability to change sizes I always thought was unique (it was utilized perfectly in Rulers of Earth). Also his theme in Godzilla Unleashed is badass. I can't wait to get this figure, just hope I can get him for a decent price. It already blows the Playmates out of the water. Gorgeous piece.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Again, a crouching wrestling pose would've been ideal, but still a solid Showa mold, so I'll add that to the new MMS's I'll be needing this year lol.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira