Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm Hopefully we get a Godzilla, MG, Warbat, and a skullcrawler for GvK.
I honestly never expect this to happen. Bandai couldn't even be bothered to do Femuto for G2014, one of only 3 monsters in the film. If they didn't even do GODZILLA for GVK yet, you have noooo chance of a Warbat or Skullcrawler, lol.

As for Mechagodzilla? I feel like Bandai wouldn't even attempt it due to the amount of detail on his design. Unless they slap him into that super detailed line they did for Anime MG and make you pay a lot of money for a silver hunk of shoddiness.

Bandai are busy giving Toho allll the love! Legendary sit on the bleachers for now.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:19 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm Hopefully we get a Godzilla, MG, Warbat, and a skullcrawler for GvK.
I honestly never expect this to happen. Bandai couldn't even be bothered to do Femuto for G2014, one of only 3 monsters in the film. If they didn't even do GODZILLA for GVK yet, you have noooo chance of a Warbat or Skullcrawler, lol.

As for Mechagodzilla? I feel like Bandai wouldn't even attempt it due to the amount of detail on his design. Unless they slap him into that super detailed line they did for Anime MG and make you pay a lot of money for a silver hunk of shoddiness.

Bandai are busy giving Toho allll the love! Legendary sit on the bleachers for now.
They have thus far released all four KOTM creatures, and Kong for Godzilla vs. Kong. MG is super popular in Japan, so I foresee that being a genuine possibility. As for details, sure, there's a lot of details, but it's nothing they haven't been able to do before. We've also already seen playmates. Kong is purchasable in Japan right now, but the film won't be out for another month. I predict once the film is released, we'll get some figures for 2021 Godzilla, Mecha Godzilla, and if we are lucky, the Warbat.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Just need more bandai
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

If the recent poll was indicative of Mechagodzilla's popularity, I would say he's got a good shot based on that alone. If Playmates can make one, I imagine Bandai is more than capable, though I'm hopeful that they don't skimp on too much detail when doing so. They've been improving lately - don't screw up now!

I know the movie doesn't hit Japan till next month, but I am quite surprised they didn't release a Godzilla to go with that Kong. Yet. Almost feel like it might not happen at this point, though I'd give it a couple months before calling it. Even a repaint of Godzilla 2019 would do (though I'd prefer a new sculpt). Warbat and the others don't have a chance in hell though; I'm certain that Playmates' offering(s) will be all we get. Limited screentime + original monsters = no-no for Bandai.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

It would be nice. Been planning on a big GvK shelf for ages now, and Id definitely get started if we got some new Bandai releases.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:26 pm They have thus far released all four KOTM creatures, and Kong for Godzilla vs. Kong. MG is super popular in Japan, so I foresee that being a genuine possibility. As for details, sure, there's a lot of details, but it's nothing they haven't been able to do before. We've also already seen playmates. Kong is purchasable in Japan right now, but the film won't be out for another month. I predict once the film is released, we'll get some figures for 2021 Godzilla, Mecha Godzilla, and if we are lucky, the Warbat.
The KOTM figures were kind of the outlier, though. G2014 had 2/3 monsters, KSI had no MMS figures as far as I know, and GVK has only Kong so far.

In fact, HLJ says the KOTM figures are discontinued, is that true? Yet it seems to say figures like Shin Godzilla are still in production. So maybe MV figures don't sell too well in Japan. I wonder what they'd even do for a Godzilla figure, I doubt they'd produce a new figure just to add the new neck spines, they'd probably just rerelease the KOTM one, maybe without the blue glow.

I found the Shin Neronga figure for an ok price on Ebay and bought it. It hasn't come yet but I'm happy that I did, because it looks cool in pictures I've been seeing. I'm not really an Ultra fan, I only watch clips of the shows on youtube really, but Neronga looks cool to me.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
OGMechaMothra wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 pm Just need more bandai

At this point, do we really? I don't know if you mean you personally or that Bandai need to release more stuff, but if it's the latter...idk man, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the new releases. It's like a tsunami right now, and there's apparently even more set to be released for SP and that contest.

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

I have read that that there are going to a Godzilla A, Godzilla B and Godzilla C figures for Godzilla Singular Point coming out. But I wonder why they would release 4 Godzilla figures from Singular Point and not any from Godzilla vs Kong? Maybe they are going to release a Godzilla, Mechagodzilla and Warbat or something from G vs K and they are just calling them Singular Point figures to throw us off. I do remember when they announced a "Godzilla 2016 Monster A" and "Godzilla 2016 Monster B" from Shin Godzilla and people thought they might be other monsters from the movie, but they really turn out to be early versions of Godzilla. Does anyone else think that the Godzilla figures A,B, and C might really be unannounced Godzilla vs Kong figures?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

onerichman wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:10 am I have read that that there are going to a Godzilla A, Godzilla B and Godzilla C figures for Godzilla Singular Point coming out. But I wonder why they would release 4 Godzilla figures from Singular Point and not any from Godzilla vs Kong? Maybe they are going to release a Godzilla, Mechagodzilla and Warbat or something from G vs K and they are just calling them Singular Point figures to throw us off. I do remember when they announced a "Godzilla 2016 Monster A" and "Godzilla 2016 Monster B" from Shin Godzilla and people thought they might be other monsters from the movie, but they really turn out to be early versions of Godzilla. Does anyone else think that the Godzilla figures A,B, and C might really be unannounced Godzilla vs Kong figures?
It’s possible they are Godzilla vs Kong figures, or yet unknown Godzilla SP monsters (new monsters). It could go either way. Unlike some American companies, Bandai and Japanese countries in general have been better historically at keeping a lid on spoilers.

They could also be unrelated Godzilla figures. Like a reissue of one of the older Godzilla’s.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:19 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:26 pm They have thus far released all four KOTM creatures, and Kong for Godzilla vs. Kong. MG is super popular in Japan, so I foresee that being a genuine possibility. As for details, sure, there's a lot of details, but it's nothing they haven't been able to do before. We've also already seen playmates. Kong is purchasable in Japan right now, but the film won't be out for another month. I predict once the film is released, we'll get some figures for 2021 Godzilla, Mecha Godzilla, and if we are lucky, the Warbat.
The KOTM figures were kind of the outlier, though. G2014 had 2/3 monsters, KSI had no MMS figures as far as I know, and GVK has only Kong so far.

In fact, HLJ says the KOTM figures are discontinued, is that true? Yet it seems to say figures like Shin Godzilla are still in production. So maybe MV figures don't sell too well in Japan. I wonder what they'd even do for a Godzilla figure, I doubt they'd produce a new figure just to add the new neck spines, they'd probably just rerelease the KOTM one, maybe without the blue glow.

I found the Shin Neronga figure for an ok price on Ebay and bought it. It hasn't come yet but I'm happy that I did, because it looks cool in pictures I've been seeing. I'm not really an Ultra fan, I only watch clips of the shows on youtube really, but Neronga looks cool to me.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
OGMechaMothra wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 pm Just need more bandai

At this point, do we really? I don't know if you mean you personally or that Bandai need to release more stuff, but if it's the latter...idk man, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the new releases. It's like a tsunami right now, and there's apparently even more set to be released for SP and that contest.
I meant me personally LOL I am missing the fire G from KotM but I have picked up mostly everything else.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

OGMechaMothra wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:56 pm I meant me personally LOL I am missing the fire G from KotM but I have picked up mostly everything else.
I doubt you'll get your hands on that for a reasonable price since it wasn't a normal release... you're honestly better off just getting the NECA one, lol. I don't collect any of the exclusive figures because of how stupidly hard to get and expensive they can be, I don't think it's personally worth it for a vinyl figure.

You do you, of course. If you still hunt it then great luck to you!
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:01 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:56 pm I meant me personally LOL I am missing the fire G from KotM but I have picked up mostly everything else.
I doubt you'll get your hands on that for a reasonable price since it wasn't a normal release... you're honestly better off just getting the NECA one, lol. I don't collect any of the exclusive figures because of how stupidly hard to get and expensive they can be, I don't think it's personally worth it for a vinyl figure.

You do you, of course. If you still hunt it then great luck to you!
The past 3 years.. I have been going into the deep end of bandai collecting. Lol.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

So are the Shin Ultraman ones becoming hard to get or something? They seem very pricey. I'm actually into Ultraman now, too, lol.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Got Destoroyah 2001 in the mail the other day. I honestly didn't expect him to be so small- shorter than my Godzilla 68' EX in fact, but the paint is quite nice for such a simple figure. Has the scale of MMS vinyls changed over the years?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:29 pm So are the Shin Ultraman ones becoming hard to get or something? They seem very pricey. I'm actually into Ultraman now, too, lol.
Don't. Take the advice and change course while you still can. It's not only a huge can of pricey worms, it's actually more like opening Pandora's box... :lol:
Size DOES matter!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Petezilla wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:38 pm
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:29 pm So are the Shin Ultraman ones becoming hard to get or something? They seem very pricey. I'm actually into Ultraman now, too, lol.
Don't. Take the advice and change course while you still can. It's not only a huge can of pricey worms, it's actually more like opening Pandora's box... :lol:
Hahahha good advice,you can rest assured though, I'm not gonna go crazy with it. :P

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
Andagi1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:10 pm Got Destoroyah 2001 in the mail the other day. I honestly didn't expect him to be so small- shorter than my Godzilla 68' EX in fact, but the paint is quite nice for such a simple figure. Has the scale of MMS vinyls changed over the years?
The switched from like 7-8" to 6" but don't be fooled, Destoroyah IS short. That figure is notorious for its size. The other modern figures are bigger than him in scale.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Uh, not to be rude but my question still stands though, I don't want it to be glossed over. Are the Shin Ultraman ones becoming harder to get or something? I was waiting for the price to go down, I got Neronga at £20 but it was the only instance of any of the three figures that I've seen drop that low. They actually seem to be going up in price. I'm buying on Ebay, btw.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Gyaos and Legion showed up on my birthday!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'm honestly not sure. I wouldn't panic yet, if only because we're sure to get another batch when the movie ACTUALLY comes out.

In other news, HLJ has the MMS SP Godzilla and JJ again. Mine are en route.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:45 pm
I'm honestly not sure. I wouldn't panic yet, if only because we're sure to get another batch when the movie ACTUALLY comes out.

In other news, HLJ has the MMS SP Godzilla and JJ again. Mine are en route.
Thank you for action answering. And damn, I had money saved for those but I had to spend it on replacement tech parts...

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Anyone got any updates on the next wave of SP figures?