Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by MoK 13 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Need to pick one, which would you guys recommend, Biollante, Rodan 04’ or MKG?
Biollante, she's one of the best looking new vinyls we've gotten in a while. Rodan is fine, but a little plain. MKG is great as well but there's other releases out there so you can wait on him.
Agree with UltramanGoji on Biollante. It is a great Vinyl.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Orichalcum wrote:Need to pick one, which would you guys recommend, Biollante, Rodan 04’ or MKG?
Biollante is a new sculpt, always prioritize those, especially if the last one was like - from the early 90's. A bit on the short side, but a fantastic sculpt, imo out weights that. Then i'd hop on MKG before he goes away and skyrockets in price again.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I plan to get the Mecha King Ghidorah soon

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

That’s my next purchase as well unless Anguirus drops within the next month, after that I’ve got my eyes set on Rodan, then Mothra imago, after that I’m not really sure.

Not too impressed with the next MMS wave, wishing we’d get a Battra larva, Titanosaurus, and Showa Hedorah soon instead of FW characters.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

i felt something in my bones that i should check here again, and lo and behold there is a new showa ghidorah. that thing is beautiful. how well will it scale with MMS?
:gigan:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Grunkle Sans wrote:i felt something in my bones that i should check here again, and lo and behold there is a new showa ghidorah. that thing is beautiful. how well will it scale with MMS?
Well, considering regular MMS Ghidorahs tend to be smaller than usual and this line is actually of a larger scale compared to MMS, this guy should fit in fine.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:i felt something in my bones that i should check here again, and lo and behold there is a new showa ghidorah. that thing is beautiful. how well will it scale with MMS?
Well, considering regular MMS Ghidorahs tend to be smaller than usual and this line is actually of a larger scale compared to MMS, this guy should fit in fine.
The BANDAI websites states it being 24 cm tall. That has to mean to the top of the wings then. Hope that helps.
Size DOES matter!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

This is annoying, but by the looks of it, there's a special burning Godzilla Bandai Figure (it's just a recolor really) that is included in part of a big special KOTM promotion that includes a bluray and the SH monster art
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSB0010084/

I hope they wind up selling it separately.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Man that almost looks like a bootleg... it should be a lot more red instead of orange.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:This is annoying, but by the looks of it, there's a special burning Godzilla Bandai Figure (it's just a recolor really) that is included in part of a big special KOTM promotion that includes a bluray and the SH monster art
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSB0010084/

I hope they wind up selling it separately.
As much as I wanted a 2019 "Burning" Godzilla vinyl I really don't like the looks of this. Looks pretty bad IMO but I will see if will look better once the final product is out but as of right now it can stay an exclusive.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

looks very generic and not at all like the movie.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

If I ever see it in person, I’ll get a better picture of it. Bear in mind, the page I got that on, had it much smaller, I don’t think it was meant to be posted at that size. It does make you wish for a Burning Godzilla proper though.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Back in April, I wrote: We have an SSSS.GRIDMAN vinyl kaiju coming in at last! Release is scheduled for August. It's a bit pricey for what it is, at $25-30, but at least with CD Japan, you can cut the price down further with rewards points if you have an account.
I say preorder this, and show there's interest for more!
And in response, MandaSaurus wrote:
MechaSkeleturtle666 wrote:That Gridman kaiju sure looks good. A bit pricey, but that paintjob alone blows bandai's recent offerings out of the water. I preordered it before even watching a single episode of the show.
It certainly is an interesting design. I believe Good Smile Company made that one...
Checking in again to say, yes, actually this is a Good Smile vinyl. :oops: Serves me right for not reading the product info right.
Having said that, the figure is finally out and mine arrived just the other day. I'll post some more thoughts in the "Just Buy" thread.

I also found a Kamata-kun Hyper figure today. I've been checking several of my local Walgreens to see what's in stock; mostly it's just been a couple of ShinGojis and AniGojis each time, but today I lucked out. This fella and BioGoji are the two I wanted most.
I'm not sure this is an $8 toy, but whatever. It's pretty nice for the size. The tail has to be attached, but I just needed a little careful force, no additional heating.

Image Image

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Rody wrote: I also found a Kamata-kun Hyper figure today. I've been checking several of my local Walgreens to see what's in stock; mostly it's just been a couple of ShinGojis and AniGojis each time, but today I lucked out. This fella and BioGoji are the two I wanted most.
I'm not sure this is an $8 toy, but whatever. It's pretty nice for the size. The tail has to be attached, but I just needed a little careful force, no additional heating.

Image Image
I wish our Walgreens had Bandai Godzillas.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Kinda a weird question, but I'm thinking about going after the Bandai 8 inch GMK Ghidorah. How bad is the wing drooping problem on that thing, for anyone who owns it?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Kinda a weird question, but I'm thinking about going after the Bandai 8 inch GMK Ghidorah. How bad is the wing drooping problem on that thing, for anyone who owns it?
I use to have all the gmk 8" vinyls. They were made from a very soft vinyl and the detail was a little muted. Ghidorah was pretty big so they did flop some. The low crouching pose didnt help. I only kept the bandai hyper hobby glitter gmk Godzilla from the line.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Kinda a weird question, but I'm thinking about going after the Bandai 8 inch GMK Ghidorah. How bad is the wing drooping problem on that thing, for anyone who owns it?
You can stuff foam or wood plates inside the wings. That worked good against drooping on my copy. You should support the wings while in storage, though, to prevent drooping, too.
Size DOES matter!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
I use to have all the gmk 8" vinyls. They were made from a very soft vinyl and the detail was a little muted. Ghidorah was pretty big so they did flop some. The low crouching pose didnt help. I only kept the bandai hyper hobby glitter gmk Godzilla from the line.
Baragon's the one I want most from the line. I love that design. How's that figure?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
Baragon's the one I want most from the line. I love that design. How's that figure?
If i remember correctly his ears do fully rotate which was cool. With the extra soft vinyl they always seemed even more kiddie that the mms line and way less than the 90s 8"line.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

My MMS Biollante finally showed up. It's nice. Nothing phenomenal, but a decent representation of the monster. It's not tall, but of course makes up for that in bolk and width. Detail is passable. I'd have liked the teeth to be individually sculpted instead of stuck to the gums, but eh. Paint is sloppy, and I wish the tusks were fully painted. The shiny metallic paint on the eyes is pretty cool.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio