Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Great news, thank you. Can't wait til they hit UK Amazon or Ebay for reasonable prices... I did some work to get money for them.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

THE ANGUIRUS LOOKS AMAZING. At this rate Imma have to get an SP shelf. Manda looks pretty neat.

swfreakjpb
Ronin

Post by swfreakjpb »

[/quote]
Jep. I doubt they'll be wise enough to give us a 6" Megalon this time...let alone an updated Showa Gigan (which is long overdue, too)
to go with it. I never even dare to mention G '7... :g2k:
[/quote]

I remember that back in 2002 or so they put out the 1975 Mecha and Titano because of the tie in with Kiryu. Same way they are releasing showa JJ because ofcthe new one in SP. Now would he the perfect time. Did it with Mogura back in the 90's as well. It would make sense and there is a precedent. But who knows? Surprised Megalon was not in the poll, or was it?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

HLJ telling me that Legion and Gyaos are ready for shipping.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Angilasman wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:34 am HLJ telling me that Legion and Gyaos are ready for shipping.
And with that, we're getting our first in-hand pics from Japan. (loving the vintage-style tags!)

https://twitter.com/matcham78/status/13 ... 6105938946

Legion, thankfully, ended up being pretty big, even if its still quite a ways from being properly scaled with 6" figures. Doesn't look quite as long as the original, but more or less around the same size. Could be bigger, but it's a hell of an improvement over Biollante from a couple years back.

https://twitter.com/murasamesaurus/stat ... 9170130949

I think they look really nice! Especially Legion. Godzilla vs. Kong is currently my focus, but I will certainly be picking these up down the line!

Now do Zedus. ;)
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

the legion looks super nice to me. very happy at seeing the size!
it's so weird that apart from the body colour and lack of shading, it actually has...more paint/better paint than the original??
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Woah. Glad I preordered those. Now I just gotta get that Gamera.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

I don't really want to faff on with preordering them, but I don't want them to instantly go out of stock/ get super price jacked on other sites... what to do, what to do? I guess I'll just wait. I don't really wanna order from HLJ unless I have to as my last order was so hard to complete and took well over a month to arrive despite paying for fast postage.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Hey, as long as Legion is taller than Gamera, I'm good. I will take that.

Added in 5 minutes 19 seconds:
JAGzilla wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:28 am Hey, as long as Legion is taller than Gamera, I'm good. I will take that.
EDIT: MMS Kong is up on Amazon... for $65... with only a few left in stock. 'K, Amazon, I'm going to close my eyes and count to five, and this shit had better be fixed when I'm done.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Hi all, this is my first time posting to this thread. I've recently become interested in growing my MMS collection, but am not well-versed in where I should buy them. In the past, I've bought most Godzilla stuff from ebay, but have heard about buying proxy from places like mandarake and yahoo jp. Price wise, is using Japan proxies better than buying from US sellers like ebay/clawmark toys/etc?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Andagi1 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:22 pm Hi all, this is my first time posting to this thread. I've recently become interested in growing my MMS collection, but am not well-versed in where I should buy them. In the past, I've bought most Godzilla stuff from ebay, but have heard about buying proxy from places like mandarake and yahoo jp. Price wise, is using Japan proxies better than buying from US sellers like ebay/clawmark toys/etc?
Amazon is pretty good. You can use hobbylink japan without a proxy if you can pay for shipping.
I usually wait for them to hit ebay/amazon, the ones that have been out a few years are pretty cheap there, the only problem is the postage is usually included in the prices on ebay/amazon so it tends to be overall more expensive than buying from HLJ for example since you can't get a combined price.

Added in 17 minutes 27 seconds:
Oh, and you should look at the line's page on Wikizilla:
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Movie_Monster_Series

You can see the releases year-by-year here. The further back you go from 2021 to 2016, the rarer those ones are, so keep an eye on them if you want them.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Thanks. I did have the older ones in mind, as it seems like there is a bit more detail than the more recent ones. I actually got a 2001? Destoroyah yesterday, so I was curious about where to get stuff in the future. IDK how true what people say about the decline in quality is, though, since I've mainly got that impression from reviewers.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Andagi1 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:01 pm Thanks. I did have the older ones in mind, as it seems like there is a bit more detail than the more recent ones. I actually got a 2001? Destoroyah yesterday, so I was curious about where to get stuff in the future. IDK how true what people say about the decline in quality is, though, since I've mainly got that impression from reviewers.
There's no decline in detail really, in fact the most recent ones are pretty damn sweet in terms of it. It's the paint that has declined a bit but honestly? It's not awful on any of them. The worst in terms of paint has to be either Godzilla 1954 or Anime King Ghidorah (he's mostly translucent with just a metallic wash)

I totally recommend the Gamera, Ghidorah 2019 and Anime Godzillas, they look especially nice to me. Although be a little careful with Anime Godzilla and Kiryu, those two have a lot of bootlegs floating around and they're both getting a little hard to find since they're old.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Its worth mentioning, at least from my experience, that while Wikizilla isn't a bad starting point for looking for Bandai figures, it is extremely incomplete and has very little information on much of them, especially ones that fall outside of the main Bandai line. I have yet to find a site that has more detailed info on Bandai figures, outside of the outdated and now defunct Club Tokyo.

Even to this day, I find out about figures that I literally had no idea existed and there was virtually no info about on Wikizilla.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:06 pm Its worth mentioning, at least from my experience, that while Wikizilla isn't a bad starting point for looking for Bandai figures, it is extremely incomplete and has very little information on much of them, especially ones that fall outside of the main Bandai line. I have yet to find a site that has more detailed info on Bandai figures, outside of the outdated and now defunct Club Tokyo.

Even to this day, I find out about figures that I literally had no idea existed and there was virtually no info about on Wikizilla.
It's rather helpful for a quick reference though, especially the current Movie Monsters line, which I call "modern MM" or "new MM", yknow, the 2016-onwards line. That's the one I collect due to availability and price. Outside of that I only have four vinyls from the past line (Hyper Gyaos, Mothra Leo, Showa Anguirus and Heisei Godzilla) from second hand sellers.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:37 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:06 pm Its worth mentioning, at least from my experience, that while Wikizilla isn't a bad starting point for looking for Bandai figures, it is extremely incomplete and has very little information on much of them, especially ones that fall outside of the main Bandai line. I have yet to find a site that has more detailed info on Bandai figures, outside of the outdated and now defunct Club Tokyo.

It's rather helpful for a quick reference though, especially the current Movie Monsters line, which I call "modern MM" or "new MM", yknow, the 2016-onwards line. That's the one I collect due to availability and price. Outside of that I only have four vinyls from the past line (Hyper Gyaos, Mothra Leo, Showa Anguirus and Heisei Godzilla) from second hand sellers.
Oh yes, definitely. Totally agree there. Wikizilla works just fine for more recent figures. Its just a bit harder to find images or descriptions for some older things and certain important figures, like the large scale Bandai figures, dont even have dedicated pages. Fine for new collectors.

I remember the days when I too only bought new figures from MMS on Amazon. At the time the biggest purchase I made was the SHMA 2002 Godzilla, and back then I thought "ok, that price is pushing it a bit". Now, here I am, 110 figures and $12,000 later. How times have changed XD

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Any news on which Ultraman Monsters come out after the Telesdon & Kemurjin reissues in a few days...? Is a dry spell ahead or did I miss something...?
Size DOES matter!

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Petezilla wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:58 am Any news on which Ultraman Monsters come out after the Telesdon & Kemurjin reissues in a few days...? Is a dry spell ahead or did I miss something...?
The next figures will be released in late May to June. We'll get a Ultra Big Sofubi Ultraman Z and Sebunga, the Darkness Trio from the Tiga movie and a rerelease of Evil Tiga, alongside the new UMS Geranda, Zoiger and Gardi

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Oh, OK, after replying I found out about the darkness trio and the new tiga forms set,but I wasn't aware of Gersanda, Zoiger & Guardi! Very nice,thanks for 5he heads up!
Size DOES matter!

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Hopefully we get a Godzilla, MG, Warbat, and a skullcrawler for GvK.