Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by gatorzilla »

The new thread to discuss ALL Bandai Japan merchandise! All the good stuff from 6 and 8in vinyl figures to DX to Die-Cast to Gashapon and so on and so on.

If its Bandai Japan discuss it here! Post pics if you want.

I started collecting in.....'98 or '99 when I got my first 6in Bandai figures for my birthday from Showcase Collectables!
Bandai makes up most of my collection.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by darkcancer »

I only collect HG gashapons so my entire collection is Bandai:

Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Funny, I was just thinking about creating a thread for disscussion of regular Bandai figures, but now I don't have to!

I'll post my Bandais tommorrow.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Syber Squad ftw!

Anyway, my collection of Bandais is fairly small, but I do have a few popular ones, most notably Grand King Ghidorah (which is my favourite Ghidorah design) and Cretaceous King Ghidorah (I lied; that is my favourite Ghidorah design).

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Jomei- I WANT THAT '91 GODZILLA!!!!!!

darkcancer- Great collection! I love the HG gashapons too! They seem to cover just about every monster!
Mr. X wrote:Funny, I was just thinking about creating a thread for disscussion of regular Bandai figures, but now I don't have to!
You're welcome! 8-)

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

I grew up with the Bandai figures. They were one of my defining things throughout my childhood.
A lot of them are in storage now, but since leaving home for college I brought a few with me such as my Jumbo Godzilla 1991, my Super Dragon King Ghidorah figure, standard release Godzilla 1995, standard release Destoroyah, and the Ito Yokado Exclusive Godzilla 2005.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

gatorzilla wrote:
darkcancer- Great collection! I love the HG gashapons too! They seem to cover just about every monster!
Thanks, yeah there is a great variety but there are still some I hope will be made eventually: King Kong, Titanosaurus, Mothra '61, Rose Biollante, Dagara, Grand King Ghidorah, Anguirus 2004. There's plenty more but those are the ones I would want the most.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

wataru wrote:I have near 50 Bandai vinyls. IMHO they are the perfect Godzilla toy.

...sadly Im debating selling some of mine off :(
I would be intrested, and save on shipping too.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Mine:

I got more, but I'll show those later. I love these things. My main goal as a collector is to own every Bandai 6"-8" figure. Please note, this does not include paint variants or exclusives.

Currently, I'm trying to focus on 8" scale Showa Bandai figures. Don't have a lot (yet).

This pic's old, I've since gotten Megalon (as seen in pic above).

I NEEDS A GOROSAURUS!
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Mr. Anime Fan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mr. Anime Fan »

Well I gotten 2 Bandai Japan figures today I got the DX Destroyah in the mail and the Bandai 9 inch Destroyah figure.
All The Bandai Japan Figures I have
King Cesar Movie Monster Series with tag
Hedorah Purple Tag
9 Inch Destroyah Bandai
DX Destroyah Bandai
Chigokin Mecha Godzilla 75
Love all my Bandai Japan figures!
Will Farrel rules!!!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

@X: You've a lot more of the old "Destroy All Monsters"-tagged BANDAI figures than me. I really need to get more of these at some point. I only own G '64, MechaG '74, Mothra Larva '64 & Kamacuras from that line. Therefore I got from the original 83/84 "Godzilla Collection" series G '84 and a tagless golden Ghidorah '64 (hell, I love this one!). Additionally I have the 8" G '91, Biollante & furry '64 Showa Mothra Imago. Then I have quite a few 80's and early 90's BANDAI Ultraman monster figures, too. And that's pretty much it regarding the figures released before the '95 "Godzilla VS Destoroyah"-lineup, which I got all five releases from.

Regarding anything released from 1995 onwards... I got tons upon tons of those Godzilla, Gamera and Ultraman & Ultra Monster BANDAI figures. All in all I must have nearly 1,000 figures by now. But the growing speed of my BANDAI vinyl collection slowed down heavily since BANDAI began to release ULTRA-ACT and S.H.MonsterArts, though... damn money limitations... :roll:
Size DOES matter!

Mr. Anime Fan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mr. Anime Fan »

That is alot of figures I am much getting into the 8 inch Bandai older vinyls.
Will Farrel rules!!!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Petezilla wrote:@X: You've a lot more of the old "Destroy All Monsters"-tagged BANDAI figures than me. I really need to get more of these at some point. I only own G '64, MechaG '74, Mothra Larva '64 & Kamacuras from that line. Therefore I got from the original 83/84 "Godzilla Collection" series G '84 and a tagless golden Ghidorah '64 (hell, I love this one!). Additionally I have the 8" G '91, Biollante & furry '64 Showa Mothra Imago. Then I have quite a few 80's and early 90's BANDAI Ultraman monster figures, too. And that's pretty much it regarding the figures released before the '95 "Godzilla VS Destoroyah"-lineup, which I got all five releases from.
Biollante?! You lucky! Really want that Showa Mothra and Showa Ghidorah, too, but... Biollante.

Biollante is my "holy grail" that I don't yet have. Probably my most desired Bandai figure.

My best accomplishment while collecting these is price. Not a single figure in that photo cost me over $50. You just gotta wait and know when to strike. Remember this: Patience can earn you a great deal, such as a $35 Kamacuras or a $25 Showa Baragon. I don't yet have a Gorosaurus, and I've been waiting for YEARS to get one. One day, hopefully soon, I'll snag one.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Ah, how can one not love Bandai Japan? It really all started with the Movie Monsters Destoroyah for me. I had the Bandai Creation G54 and Gigan back when they first came out, and I thought a Destoroyah would look cool. But then after buying it I saw the Movie Monsters Mecha King Ghidorah. And it looked amazing. So I ended up buying it. Been hooked ever since. (This was back in January.)

Bandai Japan is definitely the go-to company when starting out as a collector. The only vital figures they're missing are Ebirah and Varan. (I'm also surprised they did Kamacuras but not Kumonga.) Many of their older figures still hold up. People love the Baragon, but personally I think the Gorosaurus might just be their retro best.

Plus they may just have the best Showa Ghidorah. For a figure that was made in 1984, it stands out.

A highlight for me is definitely the Memorial Box G75, he looks awesome. (It's also rather hard to find.) And of course, Titanosaurus may just be their best 'modern' figure.

I want to get the Biollante and Kamacuras, one of these days.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Destroyer wrote:The only vital figures they're missing are Ebirah and Varan. (I'm also surprised they did Kamacuras but not Kumonga.) Many of their older figures still hold up. People love the Baragon, but personally I think the Gorosaurus might just be their retro best.
Varan? Vital? Possibly. He's not really the most popular. Ebirah definitley was. He had a movie with his name on it!
Kumonga, though, I do consider kinda vital. He was the main opponent in Son of Godzilla after all. I'm shocked there's no Bandai Kumonga.

I love the 3 Terror of Mechagodzilla figures. I don't yet have G'75, but hopefully I'll get him soon.

Baragon and Gorosaurus are, IMO, the best of the early 8" Showa figures. I love my Baragon, he's just stunning. One of the best all-time Bandais.

G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

I may get a brick thrown at me for saying this by other collectors
but I consider Bandai to be THE OFFICIAL main line of Godzilla toys (unless they actually are) in the same way Transformers, Marvel and Star Wars are the Official main toys of Hasbro and Hot Wheels and Barbie of Mattel etc.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

gatorzilla wrote:I may get a brick thrown at me for saying this by other collectors
but I consider Bandai to be THE OFFICIAL main line of Godzilla toys (unless they actually are) in the same way Transformers, Marvel and Star Wars are the Official main toys of Hasbro and Hot Wheels and Barbie of Mattel etc.
I'm not intending to be a nitpicker, but your comparison makes no sense the way you wrote it. When you say that TF, Marvel & SW is Hasbro's top lines and HW & Barbie is Mattel's, then it would only make sense to say that Godzilla is BANDAI's top line (and not confusing the company with the franchise, which you accidentally did ;)).
It isn't true anyways. However, it may easily be ones favorite Godzilla toyline (it's mine, too), although it still has a little too many gaps for my taste. There may be more complete lineups by other companies, character-wise.
Size DOES matter!

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

If you check out the Bandai jp web site you will see alot of Ultra and One Piece, sadly no Goji.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

4 of Bandai's best !
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.