Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Gahdzilluh »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Gahdzilluh wrote:Anyone know what the next bandai premium figure will be? Or when i can find news on the line?
It's a MechaGodzilla 3-pack based on his introduction scene. Following one is said to be Fake Godzilla in mid-reveal to MG so we have the entire scene laid out in vinyl form.
Sounds legit, pics? Tbh im loving this line, its pretty much a more affordable xplus, and it just started.

Edit: i started a thread for the line. "Bangaichi Bandai Premium Line" if yall would like to go contribute there. I feel like it warrants its own thread. If thats not acceptable, against the rules or already has a thread please take it down!
Last edited by Gahdzilluh on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I just want to know "whats next?" in the MMS line...

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^I'm hoping Gamera sells well enough for them to do Super Gyaos next.
Thegarbagemonster wrote:Do you guys think it'll be ok to wait for him to hit ebay?
For me personally, it tends to be cheaper and faster in total to buy from there than from HLJ.
I don't know; I feel like new releases such as this get jacked up second-hand for a while.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

So, has anyone else who preordered Gamera through HLJ not gotten theirs in their private warehouse yet? I figure it's due to COVID-19 reasons, but I am curious to see how many others had their preorders affected.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

cmdmstudios wrote:So, has anyone else who preordered Gamera through HLJ not gotten theirs in their private warehouse yet? I figure it's due to COVID-19 reasons, but I am curious to see how many others had their preorders affected.
Mine went in the other day and has shipped with a handful of new Ultra 500 figures.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

MM Raids Again wrote:
cmdmstudios wrote:So, has anyone else who preordered Gamera through HLJ not gotten theirs in their private warehouse yet? I figure it's due to COVID-19 reasons, but I am curious to see how many others had their preorders affected.
Mine went in the other day and has shipped with a handful of new Ultra 500 figures.

If you are so inclined, could you share the shipping experience during this time with this thread? TIA

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 11&t=29425

Added in 10 minutes 24 seconds:
MandaSaurus wrote:I just want to know "whats next?" in the MMS line...
Rody wrote:^I'm hoping Gamera sells well enough for them to do Super Gyaos next.
If I recall correctly, we still need a Gammy'96 in the line...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Oh boy, that's good vinyl! This has to be the best figure in the MMS Line, period... the photos just don't prepare you for how SUH-VEET this little guy is when he appears in your hand!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

^ I would love to have that to display next to the Arrow set.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

tbeasley wrote:^ I would love to have that to display next to the Arrow set.

The trees are standard model railroading trees, available in bags of 12 from Hobby Lobby, and the Mt Fuji background came with the NECA '62 Godzilla, I just glued it to a piece of foamcore, and a small weighted box... I use this set up for Bandai, NECA and smaller scale stuff

Building a shelf display is easy, just depends on how involved you want to get... I've gotten a bit involved... this is my 1/150 scale Japanese city, Tohokyo, which I use for photographing 25cm and 30cm Kaiju figures, as well as completed 1/144 scale Gunpla model kits I build. When I'm not set up to take photos it lives on a shelf in my collection room, set up as a display for a few figures... the sidewalks are made of matting board, the streets of foamcore, the buildings are 1/150 scale model railroad buildings from Japan, and there are even tanks...

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

That is just too cool. Amazing setup.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

tbeasley wrote:That is just too cool. Amazing setup.

You should check out the Creative Pictures thread. There are several members here doing some really cool stuff, and none of it is really difficult to do. We all started small, and worked our way up. The Diorama Advice/Help thread is another great resource for those who want to get into this kind of thing.

Creative Pictures: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 11&t=21819
Diorama Advice/Help: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 11&t=18220

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

More images are in from Tumblr, with comparisons to previous Bandai Gameras (link):

Perspective isn't perfect, mind you.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Hmm. That Gamera's probably the best looking vinyl we've seen in a while imo.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Gamera looks great! I'm sold. Grabbing one!!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Any in-hand pics of that Godzilla Store exclusive MMS Ghidorah '19 special color ver....?
Size DOES matter!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

If you can get your hands on it, the Godzilla Store Shin Godzilla Metal Pink figure is really nice:

I just got mine and it’s an instant ,”centerpiece of the collection” type thing.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Just Plain Dan
G-Force Personnel

Post by Just Plain Dan »

So, checking this thread for the first time in a while, and woo, that Gamera looks great.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

It looks really good, yes. But it's bigger in overall size compared to the MMS Gamera '99 and Gamera' 65 (or all the 6" Godzillas), which makes it look out of scale. But scale issues always were and always will be a thing with BANDAI vinyls.
Size DOES matter!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Now that I'm finally getting into Ultraman I'm really tempted to pick up like a dozen of those Ultra 500 figures.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

tbeasley wrote:Now that I'm finally getting into Ultraman I'm really tempted to pick up like a dozen of those Ultra 500 figures.
Me too! Me too!