Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Rody »

I'm definitely getting MKG and the Mothras. I'm sure the former will be a big seller here.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

put me down also for, "MGK pre-ordered as soon as it hits HLJ."

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Glad I waited on G2017, will definitely get the re-release instead. The blue spines make the figure more appealing rather than it being almost solid color. I'll probably get the Larva. Out of this 2018 series I'm most excited for Biollante, however.
:gigan:

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

you mean the 2017 Anime Goji? It doesn't seem to translate well in pics but in person his spines look really metallic or almost like hematite the mineral. And then the glitter in the vinyl and the metallic claws and blue eyes,..it's a really interesting figure in person.

But yeah in the pics and the review videos I've seen it does look sort of 'one color', it's really not like that in your hands though. I mean no more one color than any of the other vinyls which tend to heavily favor a base color.

..in my opinion.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

These are set to be released in April right?

I wonder why they aren't up for Pre-order anywhere yet?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:These are set to be released in April right?

Bandai >

We had some Ultra DX figures that were dropped less then 30 days before their release. 2 months in advance from a vendor catalog (if not more, the exact publication date is unknown) is fine. Normally, either AmiAmi or HobbySearch put some stuff up earlier. I know it sounds weird, but i've seen AmiAmi put stuff up a few days earlier and HobbySearch a full week in advance before NipponYasan or HLJ added theirs.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:you mean the 2017 Anime Goji? It doesn't seem to translate well in pics but in person his spines look really metallic or almost like hematite the mineral. And then the glitter in the vinyl and the metallic claws and blue eyes,..it's a really interesting figure in person.

But yeah in the pics and the review videos I've seen it does look sort of 'one color', it's really not like that in your hands though. I mean no more one color than any of the other vinyls which tend to heavily favor a base color.

..in my opinion.
Fair enough, I'll wait and see how the new one looks to make a decision.
:gigan:

drac484
Young Farmer

Post by drac484 »

I'm 71 and started watching Godzilla while in High school.Loved the movies ever since.With in the past year I have started a collection 6" to 12"
figures.I went out and bought a Glass case with a glass door to keep them dust free.The 12" Mega Godzilla is Bandai 2007 and the 12" Godzilla
is Bandai 2007.All the others are 6" plus.I had to face it up and became a Godzilla groupee.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Grunkle Sans wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:you mean the 2017 Anime Goji? It doesn't seem to translate well in pics but in person his spines look really metallic or almost like hematite the mineral. And then the glitter in the vinyl and the metallic claws and blue eyes,..it's a really interesting figure in person.

..in my opinion.
Fair enough, I'll wait and see how the new one looks to make a decision.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying run out and buy one now. Just pointing out that I watched reviews and ordered one and was pleasantly surprised that to my eyes it looks much better in person than it does in reviews.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

OGMechaMothra wrote:I saw pics on fb. Looks like Reissued Mothras (sos), mecha king Ghidorah looks kinda new, and earth g is a repaint.. dorsal fins and parts of flesh are powdered blue looks like he is about to unleash the atomic beam. I have a pic... trying to upload...

https://imgur.com/a/sNZuD

Added in 3 minutes 2 seconds:

[Pic]https://imgur.com/a/sNZuD[/Pic]
The Pic BBC Code is what you use to resize images the IMG Code next to URL is what you use to post them at normal size

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

ROMG4 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:I saw pics on fb. Looks like Reissued Mothras (sos), mecha king Ghidorah looks kinda new, and earth g is a repaint.. dorsal fins and parts of flesh are powdered blue looks like he is about to unleash the atomic beam. I have a pic... trying to upload...

The Pic BBC Code is what you use to resize images the IMG Code next to URL is what you use to post them at normal size

Thanks!! I haven't ever tried to upload before.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

OGMechaMothra wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:

Thanks!! I haven't ever tried to upload before.
No problem!

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:These are set to be released in April right?

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:put me down also for, "MGK pre-ordered as soon as it hits HLJ."
HLJ has them now.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

thanks man! I grabbed them all except larva Mothra.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

Good to see the Bandai MMS has returned to active duty!
Pickles & Biscuits!

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

I'm realising we all are just becoming part of what I always thought about how it must be like to live in the time 'til 2004 and before as a Godzilla-fan.
Toho giving us a movie every year and Bandai producing figures for it. Heaven has come to earth. Again :D

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Higher quality shots of the new releases
https://twitter.com/iwasipower2/status/ ... 56/photo/1

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

MKG looks great

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I can't wait for Mecha King Ghidorah!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

No HQ pic of Godzilla Earth Thermal Radiation Ver....? They want to keep it a secret, probably.
I ask because on that tiny pixelated pic it looks to me like the mouth is open more wide and the arms and feet being positioned differently...
Size DOES matter!