Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by DoubleDam21 »

MandaSaurus wrote:I said it before, and I'll say it again: Just because NECA is not making a KingGhiddy NOW, does not mean that they will not make one LATER...
That’s what was said with Slattern as well. Not taking a chance especially with how they are handling it.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

DoubleDam21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:I said it before, and I'll say it again: Just because NECA is not making a KingGhiddy NOW, does not mean that they will not make one LATER...
That’s what was said with Slattern as well. Not taking a chance especially with how they are handling it.
This. People seem to forget how childish Randy behaved about this...snide remarks, blocking people for calling him out, etc. Not to say some fans weren’t the same, but a lot of us were adult about it yet he wouldn’t own up to his claims (he blatantly said, on camera, that NECA was doing ALL the monsters). His excuse for not making KG was total bull, especially if you look at their other large-scale products. It’s totally within their ability, and a 80-100 price point is perfect, compared to the 180+ competition.

Whatever, I have the SHMA on preorder because I’m not going on blind faith with a company that has such a hit and miss reputation.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:
DoubleDam21 wrote:
This. People seem to forget how childish Randy behaved about this...snide remarks, blocking people for calling him out, etc. Not to say some fans weren’t the same, but a lot of us were adult about it yet he wouldn’t own up to his claims (he blatantly said, on camera, that NECA was doing ALL the monsters). His excuse for not making KG was total bull, especially if you look at their other large-scale products. It’s totally within their ability, and a 80-100 price point is perfect, compared to the 180+ competition.

Whatever, I have the SHMA on preorder because I’m not going on blind faith with a company that has such a hit and miss reputation.
Exactly this, his behavior was childish at best, and his mindless NECA drones attack whoever criticizes their Alien/Predator Overlord. I've had the SHMA KG on preorder since the second it went up back on January 9th, I figured it'd be too good to be true that Randy would be doing King G.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

While I still really like the Bandai King Ghidorah, its becoming vital why leg articulation is so important. My Ghidorah, without much provocation, has difficult standing up straight consistently, on account to the fact that soft vinyl can bend slightly over time. Its not an issue with most figures, but when you cant articulate the legs, or other parts, you cant really balance it out or excuse it.

Also depending on how I feel this weekend, I might get Moguera and KOTM Godzilla next week if I decide to take a trip to Tokyo or can find a decent toy shop in my area.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:While I still really like the Bandai King Ghidorah, its becoming vital why leg articulation is so important. My Ghidorah, without much provocation, has difficult standing up straight consistently, on account to the fact that soft vinyl can bend slightly over time.
I got my Bandai KG this weekend and it has the same issue. KG’s right leg is just slightly bent enough forward that it throws off the center of gravity. Add to that the right wing is lower than the left and he takes a header unsupported. I do think that Bandai could have made this KG fig articulated.
Last edited by MoK 13 on Tue May 21, 2019 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

My Ghidorah was also front heavy, I heated the legs and tails with a blow dryer and held the figure pressed standing on a plate and then ran it under very cold water to re-harden the vinyl and it's stood fine ever since.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Random question, why didn't Bandai Japan do vinyls for Godzilla 1998? Was there some sort of deal that only tredmasters could make toys for the film? Really no reason for bandai to not do some tie in stuff for the film especially when the heisei merch was selling well

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

GFAN198423 wrote:My Ghidorah was also front heavy, I heated the legs and tails with a blow dryer and held the figure pressed standing on a plate and then ran it under very cold water to re-harden the vinyl and it's stood fine ever since.
I was going to do the hairdryer, like the idea of the plate and the cold bath. I will definitely give it a try. Thank you.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzillian wrote:Random question, why didn't Bandai Japan do vinyls for Godzilla 1998? Was there some sort of deal that only tredmasters could make toys for the film? Really no reason for bandai to not do some tie in stuff for the film especially when the heisei merch was selling well
They did a few candy toys but nothing in the 6" scale. Some of the Trendmasters figures were actually imported over from America with the Bandai logo slapped on them so it's possible they just let TM handle everything.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Painted my MMS Ghidorah.

More images in the spoiler tag below to reduce thread clutter, no actual spoilers.
Spoiler:

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

my KG fell off the shelf late last night and now he wants to keep falling forward. I guess the weight of him moved the legs around a bit because he was standing just fine for the past few weeks.

Kind of a bummer. I wonder if dipping his legs and bottom in really hot water will make them go back to the sculpted spot?

Such a great figure I want to get him standing again.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

My King G is standing perfectly luckily, tails are up, wings are up, they balance each other out.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

That's how mine was since i first got him. Its taken a month or more for his weight to warp the legs slightly

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:my KG fell off the shelf late last night and now he wants to keep falling forward. I guess the weight of him moved the legs around a bit because he was standing just fine for the past few weeks.

Kind of a bummer. I wonder if dipping his legs and bottom in really hot water will make them go back to the sculpted spot?

Such a great figure I want to get him standing again.
Described this issue a few posts back, so it`s definitely an annoying trend that can happen. Let me know if your method of fixing it works. Hate to say this to Jvnas but I have a feeling this will occur over time. Its really annoying because its a figure I want to proudly display especially with the upcoming films.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

it freaked me out, I had just laid down and I heard this crashing noise in the other room as it fell.

You wouldn't think vinyl could be noisy. hahaha

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

So apparently the Universal Japan ride is gonna have an exclusive "Shin Ghidorah" figure??? Is this real?

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Gojira9310 wrote:Image

So apparently the Universal Japan ride is gonna have an exclusive "Shin Ghidorah" figure??? Is this real?
Yes it is https://www.instagram.com/p/ByGAxxFhWn3 ... au7gjg8sfb
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Thu May 30, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I would love to know the origin of this Ghidorah design. It looks weird but badass.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I would love to know the origin of this Ghidorah design. It looks weird but badass.
I believe it’s based on the original Ghidorah Illustration From 1964 but the features are exaggerated similar to how Shin Godzilla is The 1954 Design with exaggerated Features. Image

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Whatever it is I want it. The details look great and that gold is exquisite.