Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Rody wrote:
Barkley wrote:Seeing the memorial box G2K being rereleased gives me hope that maybe the MB exclusive sculpts (such as 62, 64, 84 etc) will be rereleased at some point.

-Barkley
That's my big hope right now, too - although I'm trying not to hope too much so I don't set myself up for disappointment.
g2k was not a memorial box exclusive. They had a normal release of him and a theater exclusive release I believe.

I agree though with hoping that they release some other memorial box exclusive godzillas though
Resized Image

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:
Rody wrote:
Barkley wrote:Seeing the memorial box G2K being rereleased gives me hope that maybe the MB exclusive sculpts (such as 62, 64, 84 etc) will be rereleased at some point.

-Barkley
That's my big hope right now, too - although I'm trying not to hope too much so I don't set myself up for disappointment.
g2k was not a memorial box exclusive. They had a normal release of him and a theater exclusive release I believe.

I agree though with hoping that they release some other memorial box exclusive godzillas though
The Memorial Box version was re-scaled. I think it's a bit smaller than the original. That is the one that I believe is getting re-released.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Some of the memorial box figures shouldn't be released. They should remain exclusive to the set

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Godzillian wrote:Some of the memorial box figures shouldn't be released. They should remain exclusive to the set
I feel that way mainly with 55, 64, 65, and 67. As for the others, they either already have a reissue in one way or another, or I think should be available due to how great they were. I have all of the Godzilla suit molds from the set, so it doesn't really matter to me a whole lot, but I do feel that everyone should have a chance to enjoy the 62 mold. It's just that good.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Pretty sure the '55 mold was used in this set as well.

I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Pretty sure the '55 mold was used in this set as well.

Ayyy I have that set haha. I still have the box too. ;)

It would be cool if something like Godzilla 1962 got re-released, but I can understand the reason of why people don't want to see certain figures get reissued.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Pretty sure the '55 mold was used in this set as well.

I honestly keep forgetting about that set for some reason. Ah well.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Godzillian wrote:Some of the memorial box figures shouldn't be released. They should remain exclusive to the set
I don't agree with this, the boxset is over 10 years old, and re-releasing figures would breath some new life into the toyline, and possibly bring in new fans who want figures of their favorite suits. But that's me.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I understand why people don't want those figures released. As a guy who doesn't have $100 to spend on a vinyl toy, or $1,000 to spend on the MB, I'd love to see them released. However, those who do have the figures... I can see why you don't want them released. I was going to make the comparison to Jordans, since sneakers is another thing that I like to collect, but: the demand for Jordans is generally much higher than Godzilla figures and people actually wear Jordans, so they can afford to rerelease a popular model every few years, even if it's limited. You can't necessarily do that with Godzilla figures, because people generally aren't going to do much with them that'll wear them out. By people I mean us grown ass men who buy this stuff :lol: . If we're talking kids, by all means release them. But even then, my mom and dad would've rolled their eyes trying to buy me the same toy every few years.

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

i prefer re-issuses/re-releases to have some cosmetic difference so that you can tell them apart if you know what you are looking for. Even if its just changing the stamp information on the bottom of the foot.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Re-release the G62 mold in a more suit-accurate color instead of the pea-soup green the Memorial Box version has.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

KingKaiju wrote:I understand why people don't want those figures released. As a guy who doesn't have $100 to spend on a vinyl toy, or $1,000 to spend on the MB, I'd love to see them released. However, those who do have the figures... I can see why you don't want them released. I was going to make the comparison to Jordans, since sneakers is another thing that I like to collect, but: the demand for Jordans is generally much higher than Godzilla figures and people actually wear Jordans, so they can afford to rerelease a popular model every few years, even if it's limited. You can't necessarily do that with Godzilla figures, because people generally aren't going to do much with them that'll wear them out. By people I mean us grown ass men who buy this stuff :lol: . If we're talking kids, by all means release them. But even then, my mom and dad would've rolled their eyes trying to buy me the same toy every few years.
Well I mean the target demographic is children... and seeing as most of the Movie Monster Series figures were discontinued 10+ years ago, it makes sense to bring them back for the new generation.

I understand your point though. For those who own a rare figure, a reissue will basically knock any uniqueness or value that it has (or might have had) down a large percent, especially if it is similar to the first release. The more difficult to find a figure is, the more desirable it is and the higher demand for it is going to be.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Creature22 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I understand why people don't want those figures released. As a guy who doesn't have $100 to spend on a vinyl toy, or $1,000 to spend on the MB, I'd love to see them released. However, those who do have the figures... I can see why you don't want them released. I was going to make the comparison to Jordans, since sneakers is another thing that I like to collect, but: the demand for Jordans is generally much higher than Godzilla figures and people actually wear Jordans, so they can afford to rerelease a popular model every few years, even if it's limited. You can't necessarily do that with Godzilla figures, because people generally aren't going to do much with them that'll wear them out. By people I mean us grown ass men who buy this stuff :lol: . If we're talking kids, by all means release them. But even then, my mom and dad would've rolled their eyes trying to buy me the same toy every few years.
Well I mean the target demographic is children... and seeing as most of the Movie Monster Series figures were discontinued 10+ years ago, it makes sense to bring them back for the new generation.

I understand your point though. For those who own a rare figure, a reissue will basically knock any uniqueness or value that it has (or might have had) down a large percent, especially if it is similar to the first release. The more difficult to find a figure is, the more desirable it is and the higher demand for it is going to be.
Hahahaha exactly. See, sometimes I find myself looking at this through the eyes of an adult Godzilla fan who is actually a 5-year-old kid at heart. I forget that this stuff is geared for kids, until my little nephew freaks out at my room. It definitely goes both ways though. On one hand I'd love to see them make a return so I can get one, but on the other, I have figures that I wanted forever that I finally got my hands on, and part of the fun is knowing that they're rare and harder to find now. Still, being able to grab a 55, 62, 64, 65, 67, 68, and 74/75 for around $20 each? Shit, I'd looove that.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

KingKaiju wrote:
Creature22 wrote:I understand your point though. For those who own a rare figure, a reissue will basically knock any uniqueness or value that it has (or might have had) down a large percent, especially if it is similar to the first release. The more difficult to find a figure is, the more desirable it is and the higher demand for it is going to be.
Hahahaha exactly. See, sometimes I find myself looking at this through the eyes of an adult Godzilla fan who is actually a 5-year-old kid at heart. I forget that this stuff is geared for kids, until my little nephew freaks out at my room. It definitely goes both ways though. On one hand I'd love to see them make a return so I can get one, but on the other, I have figures that I wanted forever that I finally got my hands on, and part of the fun is knowing that they're rare and harder to find now.
This is why I usually have "stunt doubles" for the most attractive figures I own. That way, a novice can freely pick up and admire one of my rarer figures and handle it, without me freaking out and shouting "my precious!" while counting off the remaining seconds that he'll be allowed to touch it.

"This is a room of lies!"

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

G1985 wrote: This is why I usually have "stunt doubles" for the most attractive figures I own. That way, a novice can freely pick up and admire one of my rarer figures and handle it, without me freaking out and shouting "my precious!" while counting off the remaining seconds that he'll be allowed to touch it.

Haha that commercial is hilarious!

I wouldn't be opposed to letting kids play with my old Bandai figures, as long as they didn't intentionally destroy them (I wouldn't give that type of kid a chance with anything I owned). Unless they're maniacs, kids take care of their stuff, and Bandai figures are pretty indestructible as is. I've given a few of mine away already and they're in pretty good hands.

Now my Marusan figures on the other hand... those are for me haha.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

G1985 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Creature22 wrote:I understand your point though. For those who own a rare figure, a reissue will basically knock any uniqueness or value that it has (or might have had) down a large percent, especially if it is similar to the first release. The more difficult to find a figure is, the more desirable it is and the higher demand for it is going to be.
Hahahaha exactly. See, sometimes I find myself looking at this through the eyes of an adult Godzilla fan who is actually a 5-year-old kid at heart. I forget that this stuff is geared for kids, until my little nephew freaks out at my room. It definitely goes both ways though. On one hand I'd love to see them make a return so I can get one, but on the other, I have figures that I wanted forever that I finally got my hands on, and part of the fun is knowing that they're rare and harder to find now.
This is why I usually have "stunt doubles" for the most attractive figures I own. That way, a novice can freely pick up and admire one of my rarer figures and handle it, without me freaking out and shouting "my precious!" while counting off the remaining seconds that he'll be allowed to touch it.

You're smarter than I am. I just let the kids go at it... As long as it's not my SHMA.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I'd love some rereleases, because I sure as heck don't have the money to spend on the memorial box :lol:

Or even, slightly different molds with different info printed on the feet, to keep the memorial box figures rare. Long as they look as good or almost-as-good as the memorial box ones, I'm not a hardcore collector so I don't mind owning something less valuable.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Rody wrote:
Mike Johnson on Club Tokyo wrote:Banpresto lottery breakdown

The new lottery figures come in an assortment of 80 pieces roughly 620 yen each. You can see the numbers on the picture. Yes they used an old picture for the new Godzilla. So only 3 of the 80 will be the new Godzilla figure which is roughly 14 inches head to tail. Hopefully there will be some direct sales but for now I would not expect to pay 620 yen.

http://www.bpnavi.jp/kuji/item/1569

...So, Banpresto is releasing an assortment of products, among which will be scattered some of the Shingoji figures.
Godzilla

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

^So is that just a rerelease of the 8 inch figure or is it scaled down to the six inch scale?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

cmdmstudios wrote:^So is that just a rerelease of the 8 inch figure or is it scaled down to the six inch scale?
The picture shows that it measures 35 cm (almost 14") in length, so I'd guess that it's a re-release of the 8".