Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by godzilla1541 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:Classy reviews. By yours truly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4zebov1NTc
It's not articulated or sculpted by Sakai. The paint sucks. Inferior figure compared to MonsterArts.

Anyhow, bitch'n custom. Looking at the colors used, maybe painted with Gundam Marker?
But Sakai didn't sculpt the Monsterarts

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzilla1541 wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:Classy reviews. By yours truly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4zebov1NTc
It's not articulated or sculpted by Sakai. The paint sucks. Inferior figure compared to MonsterArts.

Anyhow, bitch'n custom. Looking at the colors used, maybe painted with Gundam Marker?
But Sakai didn't sculpt the Monsterarts
You missed the joke. Though, you'll be surprised by how many people think Sakai sculpted the MA or how many people say, "If only the original creator was on the project, it would look better." Lol.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

godzilla1541 wrote: But Sakai didn't sculpt the Monsterarts
But, he was the one who founded SHMA. He is basically the Yahweh of S.H. Monster Arts. So, the failure of Shin Godzilla is his ultimately his fault. Just like you blame God whenever you seen an ugly person.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
But, he was the one who founded SHMA. He is basically the Yahweh of S.H. Monster Arts. So, the failure of Shin Godzilla is his ultimately his fault. Just like you blame God whenever you seen an ugly person.
I could not stop laughing at that last sentence.

Anyway, have we talked about our top 5 favorite figures of the 6 inch/MMS line? Mine would have to be
1. Gigan '72 (My favorite monster :P)
2. Godzilla '74
3. Titanosaurus
4. MechaG '75
5. G2K 2016 Rerelease

Also, has anyone noticed that some figures look a bit cartoony? I was looking at my shelf and specifically Anguirus '68, Heisei Godzilla, and Spacegodzilla look weirdly cartoonish, especially Anguirus. Most figures of the line look as accurate as a 6 inch vinyl can get, but some don't capture the likeness just right and look off.
:gigan:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

It's mostly the 80's to mid 90's releases that look a bit off, which all the ones you mentioned are (though they've been rescaled and rereleased countless times). Compare their first '84 to the Box version, for example.

Unfortunately, a lot of the Heisei figures look a bit off because of the difference in experience compared to most of the rest of the figures.

As for my favorites...
1. Godzilla 1974
2. MechaGodzilla 1975
3. Godzilla 1954
4. Godzilla 2000 ('16)
5. Keizer Ghidorah

Might have to rearrange that if it were a five best, though.

Added in 2 hours 31 minutes 34 seconds:
Aaand BBTS MKS Shin pre-orders have rolled over into January.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'm not freaked out by that, some online sources suggested a 12/22 date for re-release, which means a few weeks before BBTS gets stock from overseas, some shipments take nearly a month if by boat.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
Wrong. Blame the ugly person's parents. They shoulda known better... :freak:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

So, I got a cousin who's going to be studying abroad in Japan. I don't know if the MMS or MKS figures are still available, but I asked him to pick me up one if he sees them in stores. NOW... Question. I like both of these figures... A lot. And I want to ask him to grab me both if he can, but I don't want him to spend too much time going out of his way for this, because it's his trip. So... Between the two, which one should I emphasize more importance over: MKS or MMS??

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

KingKaiju wrote:So, I got a cousin who's going to be studying abroad in Japan. I don't know if the MMS or MKS figures are still available, but I asked him to pick me up one if he sees them in stores. NOW... Question. I like both of these figures... A lot. And I want to ask him to grab me both if he can, but I don't want him to spend too much time going out of his way for this, because it's his trip. So... Between the two, which one should I emphasize more importance over: MKS or MMS??
Do you like bigger or smaller figures? Lol.

I'd get the MMS - we have more options to fill in the size slot for MKS.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Go for MMS; there's a lot more variety. As of right now, MKS consists of only Godzilla 2004, Kiryu, Shin Godzilla and technically Godzilla 2014 (though he's not overseas).

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

MMS are easier to carry and have more variety, so possibly those for that reason. In terms of Shin Gojira related stuff (if that's what you're looking for), the tadpole forms are available in that line as well.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

So is there any place that I could find the MMS Shin for under 30 or am I too late and there all gone

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

godzilla1541 wrote:So is there any place that I could find the MMS Shin for under 30 or am I too late and there all gone
It's $30 + shipping but that's a pretty good deal to me, I got mine for this price from these guys and I think it's worth every penny.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

MMS it is!! I knew I could trust the folks here to steer me in the right direction. Thanks folks!!

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

KingKaiju wrote:MMS it is!! I knew I could trust the folks here to steer me in the right direction. Thanks folks!!
Just now noticed your post, and even though you've already made your decision, I'll add my 2 cents.

mms

bczilla91
Monarch Researcher

Post by bczilla91 »

Forgive me for asking a silly question but what are Bandai Premium figures? Are they essentially X-Plus?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

bczilla91 wrote:Forgive me for asking a silly question but what are Bandai Premium figures? Are they essentially X-Plus?
Depends on the Bandai subline - what figure are you talking about?

Normally for vinyl figures, Premium figures are normally better painted with better (or metallic) colors and released in a nice and sexy box. Another loose term that is partly correct is "Bandai Premium Webshop" - which is an item that can only be bought on Bandai's Premium Webshop page.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Grunkle Sans wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:MMS it is!! I knew I could trust the folks here to steer me in the right direction. Thanks folks!!
Just now noticed your post, and even though you've already made your decision, I'll add my 2 cents.

mms
All good! My cousin hasn't even left to Japan yet, hahaha. Thanks though.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

New images for the Universal Studios Shin Exclusive. It's a bit disappointing in that the spines don't appear to be fully translucent. The purple looks really good, and seems to be metallic. I'm still gonna pick this guy up on eBay. I found the image in a Youtube video, I have no idea where it originates.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

godzilla1541 wrote:So is there any place that I could find the MMS Shin for under 30 or am I too late and there all gone
They're all gone now. Most are $40+. Showcase Daikaiju has the 4th form for around $39 shipped, and the 2nd and 3rd forms for about one or two dollars less.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!