Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:35 am Megalon is much needed, lol. I wonder what's up with the JJ craze recently?? Like, obviously he's always had his fans, every monster does. But let's be real, he's always been one of the corniest monsters in the series, how come so many people recently are hyping him up as an awesome hero? Obviously we have SP coming out but I remember even before we knew about that, there was a sudden rise of JJ fans, at least in my eyes.

I'm not complaining, of course. I saw the light of JJ a while ago. For years I was turned off by his design, but the more I think about it, the more I like it and his character. He's a really unique character within the series. He almost feels a bit forbidden, because goofy tokusatsu ranger-type heroes I feel should be barred from this franchise, yet JJ squeezed his way in and fits in, yet stands out just enough to be weird.
I know right! How did we go from JJ being considered to be a lame Ultraman Rip-off (something I'd slightly disagree with), to a substantial amount of fans being quite vocally upset with his design in SP prior to the confirmation it was only a prototype/initial stage of an iterative design? If it isn't already obvious, I'm basking in this Jet Jaguar sub-renaissance in the larger kaiju renaissance occurring.
He Jock it Made of Steel

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ooh... shiny. I'll take one.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

How much is this new JJ selling for?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KaijuMan80 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:12 pm How much is this new JJ selling for?
No more than any other standard Movie Monsters Series figure.

TheGregzilla
Ronin

Post by TheGregzilla »

Anyone found a site with preorders yet? The tweet said yesterday but no luck other than that weird HLJ one thats been out for months.

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:50 am
I know right! How did we go from JJ being considered to be a lame Ultraman Rip-off (something I'd slightly disagree with), to a substantial amount of fans being quite vocally upset with his design in SP prior to the confirmation it was only a prototype/initial stage of an iterative design? If it isn't already obvious, I'm basking in this Jet Jaguar sub-renaissance in the larger kaiju renaissance occurring.
Totally agree. I'm very happy to see JJ back in the spotlight 😊👍

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Images of Singular Point's Anguirus and Manda Bandais are now on social media.

TheGregzilla
Ronin

Post by TheGregzilla »

ElijahSky wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 pm Images of Singular Point's Anguirus and Manda Bandais are now on social media.

Where? And has anyone seen a preorder for the new (old) bandai JJ? Besides the weird HLJ one that went up months early?

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Figures for 2 kaiju.
Spoiler:
ElijahSky wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 pm Images of Singular Point's Anguirus and Manda Bandais are now on social media.
https://m.facebook.com/178174682327720/ ... 203353812/
Last edited by kaijukurt on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Wow. Oh, wow. So Manda isn't coiled at all, that's a really bold move by Bandai actually!
Hrrhghghg why are they releasing SO many figures this year?!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:23 am Hrrhghghg why are they releasing SO many figures this year?!
This. Like, I gave up collecting Marvel and dinosaur figures so I can keep my toy acquisition reasonable and quit blowing so much money on them, and then Bandai doubles its vinyl output to make sure I'm not saving a dime. I mean, oh well, I'm still getting them, but I'm going to whine anyway...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The MMS Godzilla vs. Megalon Jet Jaguar releases 6/30. It sells for 2200 yen, or about 22 dollars.
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0680059/
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Those prices, though... the old(er) Movie Monster Series figures from 2005-2008 were 800 JPY or about 8 USD, the same size and usuall much better painted...

These new S.P figures are a nice addition, though I'd rather have liked to see the classic Showa designs (re-)done finally...
However, is it known when S.P. Anguirus & Manda will be released already?
Last edited by Petezilla on Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I dig the new figures. Anyone know if sites like BBTS and Awesome Collector will get these? I've been waiting for the MMS Legion, Gyaos, and 2021 Kong, and I haven't seen them show up.

TheGregzilla
Ronin

Post by TheGregzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:16 am The MMS Godzilla vs. Megalon Jet Jaguar releases 6/30. It sells for 2200 yen, or about 22 dollars.
Is it a godzilla store exclusive? I know hlj has one listed but I find it odd that its preorders were sold out well before the figure was actually announced. And its weird the Amazon Japan doesn't have it either.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Availability of pre-orders are all over the place recently. Most every store listed items at about the same time back in the day. Nowadays you never really know where and when something goes up for pre-order and there's a good chance that you miss it. Amiami for example tended to list the vinyls at the same time as similar stores like HLJ did. Yet the MMS Godziban toys are not even on their site yet, but are already sold out everywhere else.
Size DOES matter!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

That Anguirus looks... alright. His skin should've been darker to further differentiate it from the spikes. I knew they weren't going to paint all of his spikes individually, but a little bit more here and there would've been nice like on the legs. Sculpt looks superb though, as usual.

Hard the judge the other one since we haven't even really seen him clearly yet, but the paint actually looks pretty decent on him. Over a foot long, too.

Given the lack of merch that the anime film trilogy generated, this could very well end up being the only figures of these guys. Kinda hoping they make some of the other kaiju as well.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

TheGregzilla wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:49 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:16 am The MMS Godzilla vs. Megalon Jet Jaguar releases 6/30. It sells for 2200 yen, or about 22 dollars.
Is it a godzilla store exclusive? I know hlj has one listed but I find it odd that its preorders were sold out well before the figure was actually announced. And its weird the Amazon Japan doesn't have it either.
It’s not Godzilla store exclusive and I think it’s judt that way because it won’t get released till June.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Do we at least know when Gyaos and Legion are coming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:32 pm Do we at least know when Gyaos and Legion are coming?
March 27th for both.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Movie-Mon ... T6PH&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Movie-Mon ... VP45&psc=1