Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzillian wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:My Premium Bandai Sanda vinyl finally showed up. Same packaging/tags as Gaira, and like Gaira, impeccably painted - no slop, no googly-eyes, etc. Wish I hadn't missed out on the Giant Frankenstein, but looking forward to seeing what Premium Bandai will throw at us next, vinyl-wise... :D
I'm the opposit man, I missed out on Sanda but got Frankenstein lol Guess I'll have to bite the after market bullet for Sanda sooner rather then later
The after-market on these will be horrendous. I don't see myself shelling out that kind of coin on Frankie. I got both of the Gargantuas - I'm satisfied, for now...

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:My Premium Bandai Sanda vinyl finally showed up. Same packaging/tags as Gaira, and like Gaira, impeccably painted - no slop, no googly-eyes, etc. Wish I hadn't missed out on the Giant Frankenstein, but looking forward to seeing what Premium Bandai will throw at us next, vinyl-wise... :D
I'm the opposit man, I missed out on Sanda but got Frankenstein lol Guess I'll have to bite the after market bullet for Sanda sooner rather then later
The after-market on these will be horrendous. I don't see myself shelling out that kind of coin on Frankie. I got both of the Gargantuas - I'm satisfied, for now...
I'm not to worried as long as I jump on it quick. The Frankenstein after market will be the worst of the three I think.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Godzillian wrote:

Are there images of any of the premium Bandai figs?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

Are there images of any of the premium Bandai figs?
http://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=banda ... ankenstein

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Does anyone here have any successful methods for loosening the glue on the tails of MMS vinyl figures?

I was at RICC this weekend and picked up the Godzilla 2000 that was released last year with MMS Shin and if possible, I'd like to reclaim articulation in the tail, it's slightly twisted to the left side more than I'd prefer.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Heating up the seal and twisting and turning until the glue cracks is the easiest method.

However, some glue seals were not meant to be broke, so I’d check inside the figure to see if that glue is all that’s holding the tail to the figure.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Are there images of any of the premium Bandai figs?
I posted a few of Gaira several pages back. My Sanda just arrived the other day, too, so I'll try to photograph him soon.
Godzillian wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
Godzillian wrote: I'm the opposite man, I missed out on Sanda but got Frankenstein lol Guess I'll have to bite the after market bullet for Sanda sooner rather then later
I'm not to worried as long as I jump on it quick. The Frankenstein after market will be the worst of the three I think.
Keep your eyes peeled on Mandarake and you might find them for good prices; there are some sold out listings of Gaira for 5,000-6,000 yen (pretty good price).

**EDIT**

Guys, there's a survey for international customers. I think you want to fill this out.
Last edited by Rody on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Rody wrote:Guys, there's a survey for international customers. I think you want to fill this out.
Done, thanks for the heads up.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

I'm still waiting for my Gaira I pre-ordered through ebay to arrive. Still have my fingers crossed that I'll get him.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

@Rody: 5,000 to 6,000 JPY for Gaira? That's about $50-60 US, and I doubt that it includes shipping, so it doesn't make the $75( free shipping )I paid seem that bad...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:@Rody: 5,000 to 6,000 JPY for Gaira? That's about $50-60 US-
Nope. More like $44-53.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I suppose it does even out - except, yeah, the dollar-yen ratio isn't balanced right now.

Anyway...

ImageImageImage
(Larger pics 1, 2, 3)

Sanda has arrived, and he's looking good - especially side by side with Gaira.

...And here they are with everyone's favorite king of the monsters:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Still waiting on Amok Time to get those Gairas shipped. I’m assuming that they have a second batch on the way, according to what I was told... been sitting at
“Processing” for almost two months.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

My Gaira shipped before Halloween but is snail mail. Every day I'm hoping to find it on my porch. Some day....

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

KingKaiju wrote:Still waiting on Amok Time to get those Gairas shipped. I’m assuming that they have a second batch on the way, according to what I was told... been sitting at
Uh, 'Processing' doesn't really mean anything, just that they have your order and are waiting on the merch to arrive. I got my Gaira from them in October, my Sanda came last week. I wouldn't ASSUME anything - you could be waiting a loooong time... :(

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

MandaSaurus wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Still waiting on Amok Time to get those Gairas shipped. I’m assuming that they have a second batch on the way, according to what I was told... been sitting at
Uh, 'Processing' doesn't really mean anything, just that they have your order and are waiting on the merch to arrive. I got my Gaira from them in October, my Sanda came last week. I wouldn't ASSUME anything - you could be waiting a loooong time... :(
Goddamn it!! I messaged them a few weeks back, and they responded with, "sorry! We're waiting on shipments of them to arrive from Japan." I might just cancel the order now.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I assume ookado has been cancelled, it has been basically 2 months since Frank was annouced. Sanda wasn't annouced too long after Gaira. It is very disappointing.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

OGMechaMothra wrote:I assume ookado has been cancelled, it has been basically 2 months since Frank was annouced. Sanda wasn't annouced too long after Gaira. It is very disappointing.
Give it time. They're probably waiting to see the sales from these figures