Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by SpaceG92 »

MandaSaurus wrote:I figured it out, and registered with From Japan. The new Premium Bandai Shins are not listed yet though. Maybe cuz they're new, and not available for pre-order yet? :eh:
Use Tenso. Also - they are available for pre-order, it just ends June.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

SpaceG92 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:I figured it out, and registered with From Japan. The new Premium Bandai Shins are not listed yet though. Maybe cuz they're new, and not available for pre-order yet? :eh:
AAAAAAAND once again I cannot find them!!! WHAT is the freakin' secret code, fer cryin' out loud!!! Everywhere I look, it's the SAME - NO 'premium bandai'!, NO 'shin godzilla', NOTHING!!! WHAT is wrong with these damn sites?!?!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
AAAAAAAND once again I cannot find them!!! WHAT is the freakin' secret code, fer cryin' out loud!!! Everywhere I look, it's the SAME - NO 'premium bandai'!, NO 'shin godzilla', NOTHING!!! WHAT is wrong with these damn sites?!?!
I -dunno what to say...

Did you follow the instructions?
*Make sure the payment option for the P-Bandai item isn't apart of the "Prohibited Payment" methods on Tenso.

Make an account on Tenso and get that all squared away.

Go to the Bandai Premium Web Shop and purchase the item. For the shipping address on the P-Bandai webshopm use your Tenso Address. *see my previous post hyperlink for more information or Tenso FAQ

Wait like a bazillion months until the item is released and shipped to Tenso. When it does, I assume you'll then be charged a second shipping fee for the item to you and then you should be golden.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

@SpaceG 92: My fiancée knows PCs, and she knows how to copy & paste. Searching yields nothing( 'item not found' )and when she copies and pastes the Japanese ad for the items, EVERYTHING reverts back to Japanese, and she cannot finish the order. She thinks that the 'Beam-firing Shin' is in the cart, but she cannot go from there, as everything is in Japanese from that point...

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

MandaSaurus wrote:@SpaceG 92: My fiancée knows PCs, and she knows how to copy & paste. Searching yields nothing( 'item not found' )and when she copies and pastes the Japanese ad for the items, EVERYTHING reverts back to Japanese, and she cannot finish the order. She thinks that the 'Beam-firing Shin' is in the cart, but she cannot go from there, as everything is in Japanese from that point...
Making me want to scoop my eyes out with a spoon Manda!

A-ight. Give me a bit. I'll edit in a step by step and we'll go from there...
*fingers crossed*

Added in 38 minutes 55 seconds:
MandaSaurus wrote:she knows how to copy & paste. Searching yields nothing( 'item not found' )and when she copies and pastes the Japanese ad for the items-
There is no need to copy and paste anything, except for you Tenso Shipping address.
MandaSaurus wrote:EVERYTHING reverts back to Japanese, and she cannot finish the order.
Everything would revert to Japanese because it's a Japanese site ;)
MandaSaurus wrote:She thinks that the 'Beam-firing Shin' is in the cart, but she cannot go from there, as everything is in Japanese from that point...
*see above.

Alright.

Pre-Steps:
P1: Trash whatever browser you have and get Google Chrome so it can translate for you.
P2: Open this link and have it on the ready.

1: Make an account with Tenso

2: Register with the p.bandai website.. Make sure to CLOSELY follow the directions in the link above on using your TENSO SHIPPING ADDRESS.

3: Follow this link to Bandai Movie Monsters Series Godzilla 2016 Climax Version.

4: Select the quantity you wish to order, and select the big orange button to order.
MandaSaurus wrote:She thinks that the 'Beam-firing Shin' is in the cart-

5: Confirm and review your order here.

6: If prompted, sign in.

7: Go from there :P

IT SHOULD BE NOTED HOWEVER! ALL INFORMATION IN THE SHIPPING ADDRESS AND SUCH HAVE TO BE IN JAPANESE! DO NOT TRANSLATE THAT!

Any other information should be checked and referenced to here before confirming. Especially Step 3.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I am incredibly sorry if this question has been answered, but how does a middleman service work? Is it the same as just ordering it off of a website?
:gigan:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

WOAH!! Those Shin's are amazing!! Too bad im probably never getting them, I just dont do oversee shipping. Not my type of collecting, but cool nonetheless.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Grunkle Sans wrote:I am incredibly sorry if this question has been answered, but how does a middleman service work? Is it the same as just ordering it off of a website?
You order the figure and the website sends it to the middleman service, and when they receive it, they will then ship it to your address. When signing up for the website (not the middleman service), you NEED to put the middleman service's address in. You put in your actual address when you are signing up for the middleman service.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Biollante_lover
Ronin

Post by Biollante_lover »

Where is the cheapest place I can get the shin Godzilla monster king series figure? I'm not willing to pay 60 plus dollars for it.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Biollante_lover wrote:Where is the cheapest place I can get the shin Godzilla monster king series figure? I'm not willing to pay 60 plus dollars for it.
From what I know the average price is like $80..
:gigan:

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Speaking of the Monster King figure, I wanted to share this with you guys, it's slow going but I'm working on a full repaint of mine.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I've seen that MKS Shin floating around Ebay, but nothing under $65. Also, anyone ever use bandaionline.com?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

KingKaiju wrote:I've seen that MKS Shin floating around Ebay, but nothing under $65. Also, anyone ever use bandaionline.com?
No experience myself, but if I can be honest, it's price is pretty high in most places regardless due to shipping... I ordered it from HobbyLink for a little bit below whatever it's retail price was (I think it was like $35 or something? Normal retail price was $40 I think), but it didn't matter because shipping was something like $25 because of its size. It was ridiculous. I recommend searching for one with free shipping somewhere if you can.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Who's hoping for some brand new vinyls from the new godzilla movie?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Speaking of the Monster King figure, I wanted to share this with you guys, it's slow going but I'm working on a full repaint of mine.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3871/3292 ... bb2cf2.jpg
How did I miss this?

Looking good so far man! Got any other step by step's or previous progress shots?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:Speaking of the Monster King figure, I wanted to share this with you guys, it's slow going but I'm working on a full repaint of mine.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3871/3292 ... bb2cf2.jpg
How did I miss this?

Looking good so far man! Got any other step by step's or previous progress shots?
Yes, I can post later, at the end of each day I take shots to log the progress from factory to finished repaint.

-------------

For those looking to get around figuring out these 3rd party sites, BBTS is going to be receiving the atomic ray MMS and a 3-pack of Form 2, Form 3 and frozen Form 4.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

The 3-pack is tempting but more than I want to spend but I preordered the atomic ray. I don't care for the Universal 4-D figure, but that paint scheme plus the open mouth make it for me.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

YES!!!!!!!!!!! GFAN198423, you the real MVP!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Full series of stages of my MKS repaint are within the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:
I started with his toes first so I could be sloppy while doing the blend work for the dark shade where they attach to his feet, then I could add the reds, grays and blacks over it to clean it up.

Next, I started covering his body in red as my plan is to paint the darks over it exposing the red from under. This initial shade wasn't as vibrant a red as I was after.

So next, I mixed a different shade of red and built that up over the initial layer.

The next thing I started to work on was the bones within the tail. This was extremely tedious and eventually I had to move on from the tail because I couldn't stand looking at it anymore lol.

Before totally moving on, I started the dark grey layer on his skin around the tip of the tail and also putting some dark washes on the tail too, I need to add some red washes and more dark washes eventually when I come back to the tail. Despite what some products and custom paint jobs have done, the tail looks mostly black and red throughout the movie.

So after getting this far, I decided to move onto the body and decided to work from the head down, saving the head itself for later as I want to paint the teeth first before adding the dark colors and I haven't had the patience yet to tackle the teeth.

After a few paint sessions focusing on the body, I was going a little crazy defining out all the fine areas of red to reveal, so I decided to work on his spines for a break as those were a looser paint application and a fun break from the tedious work.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Keep it up!!! It looks badass.

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

I was really hoping for separates releases of form A and B from BBTS. Oh well!