Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by JVM »

Petezilla wrote:True. Too true, sadly. I don't understand to this very day, why BANDAI didn't release a 6" Megalon alongside JJ. It'd have pushed sales big time. I feel like JJ was a bad seller (he's still around plenty for ~MRSP) and thus helped ending the line. When they released Godzilla '68(-'71) they at least put Hedorah with him... There's still three question marks over my head about JJ and no Megalon back the day...
I have to wonder myself why there's no Megalon. Scaling down the 8" would've been acceptable, honestly.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Yeah, it kinda cracks me up that there are 3 different versions of King Seesar, but only 1 Megalon (that I honestly don't like much).
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Ah, touche. Eh, neither really appeal to me. They look like Bullmarks with somewhat better paint apps, IMO. But I don't really like many of the Megalon figures out there.

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

I like the Bullmarks for what they are, don't get me wrong; but that's not what I would be looking for out of a Bandai Megalon.

I agree, the X-Plus and the Marmit MH are easily the best. I like the build-up, but something looks...off about it to me, I dunno what. Hell, even the Parababy is better than the Bandai, in my eyes. And really, this isn't even to knock on the Bandai vinyl; I just think it's on the low end of the few good Megalon toys out there, which is surprising.

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Scale hounds? I dunno, either. I'm glad I got my X-Plus for a steal, so really, I'm kinda off the market for Megalon's right now, but I still want the Marmit MH.

I really wouldn't mind having a complete collection of the Bandai Toho vinyls; for whatever it's worth, I actually really like and appreciate the line. Having said that, Megalon would be right down towards the bottom of the list next to Space-Godzilla.

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Legion1979 wrote:The one thing the original Space Godzilla has going for it is it's size. I remember being really impressed with it when it first came out.
It was one of the first 8" vinyls I got, back in my early days of collecting. I was amazed with how big it was too.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

Space Godzilla is still a nice figure in the 8" line.
Its funny how things shift? When Space Godzilla 8" line came out, G-Force Moguera was the one figure that wasn't too hot. GFM was everywhere, it didn't sell well. Space Godzilla sold very well at the time, now everyone has it! GFM has made up ground over the last 10 years on the market! The 6" line shed new light on GFM and people went back to get the bigger figure! ;)
Godzilla Toys Never Get Old, Just People That Own Them!

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^GFM? Excuse my ignorance...

EDIT: Regardless, can we not agree that Space-Godzilla is one of the weakest Bandai vinyls on the market?

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Ah. Esoterica.

Eh, don't like the "GFM" vinyl either. With a few exceptions, I've never really liked the Bandai mecha vinyls...

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:I just don't like Heisei Mecha very much. I will say that I like MechaGodzilla '93 much better than MOGUERA, though.
I'm pretty much with you there. The Heisei M.O.G.E.R.A. (I refuse to include that stupid "u" no matter what Toho says - it makes no sense in terms of pronunication OR acronym!) doesn't make for good toys, because it's just not a good looking design.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

How many people here have a complete 8" scale Godzilla Bandai set? Or have a complete set of 6" scale Godzilla Bandai set.
Not counting every type of tags, just the monsters! Just wondering?
I've had a set of each, and bought much more over the years. I just can't stop buying them, over and over again!
Bandai is my favorite company for vinyl toys, even though there are a few other companies that make better looking figures.
Bandai holds up to kids beating the crap out of them, and still look good! :huge:

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

BandaiBandit wrote:How many people here have a complete 8" scale Godzilla Bandai set? Or have a complete set of 6" scale Godzilla Bandai set.
If the Bandai 50th Anniversary Memorial Box didn't exist, I'd own nearly every Bandai figure in the 6 inch scale. Sadly, the only figures I have from that set is Godzilla 1964 and 1994.

I'm working on getting them all though. One day...
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

Legion1979 wrote:
BandaiBandit wrote:How many people here have a complete 8" scale Godzilla Bandai set? Or have a complete set of 6" scale Godzilla Bandai set.
Me, definitely. I mean, there are things I'm missing, but it really just amounts to variants.
Yes, you do sir! I know you have them all.
Brandon too! You both have great collections!
I kind of noticed that people here are still collecting, because they are way younger than us.
Which I think is really cool to see! I still remember getting mine back in the day, that why I still buying them.
Yes, I still sell stuff but its the hunt thats awesome! Getting new Ultraman figures is the only surprize now for me.
Being that I only buy straight 6" & 8" figures mainly. I've got tons of other types of kaiju figures(scales, high grades, boxed, ect...),
but prefer the later. :P

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I think I have all of the 8" figures up through GMK (except variants), but not very many post-GMK (because I jsut don't care that much about them).

My 6" collection is far less complete.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

eabaker wrote:I think I have all of the 8" figures up through GMK (except variants), but not very many post-GMK (because I jsut don't care that much about them).

Did you every buy from me at the Shrine back in the day?
Meaning the Toy & Comic Book show at the Shrine.
Sold loads of Bandai figures there, and of course at G-Fest!
I wish I could hit LA more than once a year to visit family, its a great place to find stuff!
Now I just hit up Frank & Son show when I go out! There are alot of Godzilla collectors there!
Last edited by BandaiBandit on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

BandaiBandit wrote:
eabaker wrote:I think I have all of the 8" figures up through GMK (except variants), but not very many post-GMK (because I jsut don't care that much about them).

Sold load of Bandai figures there, and of course at G-Fest!
I wish I could hit LA more than once a year to visit family, its a great place to find stuff!
Now I just hit up Frank & Son show when I go out! There are alot of Godzilla collectors there!
Not at the shrine, but quite possibly at G-Fest.

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

eabaker wrote:
BandaiBandit wrote:

Yes, know you bought stuff from me back in the day at G-Fest.
I noticed your name Evan! Of course, you know this is James from Radioactive Toys.
I'm trying to get ready for the 2013 show. I'm buying all the Bandai figures I can.
Can't wait until the next show, Godzilla toys are fun to buy there for my collection!
Last edited by BandaiBandit on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

BandaiBandit wrote:
eabaker wrote:
BandaiBandit wrote:
Yes, know you bought stuff from me at G-Fest.
I noticed your name! Of course you know this is James from Radioactive Toys.
I'm trying to get ready for the 2013 show. I'm buying all the Bandai figures I can.
Can't wait until the next show, Godzilla toys are fun to buy there for my collection!
You gave me some good deals, too!

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Legion1979 wrote:I was hoping to go to G-Fest next year, James. But my wedding obviously takes precedence over the show. Hopefully I can try to get there in 2014.
Wut? Congratulations!!!

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Indeed! Congratulations on your marriage!