Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by canofhumdingers »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote: It kept getting softer until I think they kinda reached the limit with a few of the the GFW figures that wound up being so soft they basically collapse under their own weight.
Wow, that sounds terrible. Is there any pics or vids showing that? I'm curious about it.

Thanks for the info, though.
Collapsing might be a bit of an exaggeration, but i remember the standard (8 inch scale) Keizer Ghidorah and chainsaw Gigan from 2004 being so squishy that they had clear issues with extremities like arms and wings drooping and the legs would splay out so far sideways under the figures’ weight that the figures could struggle to stand.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, most Keizer Ghidorah figures are very bowlegged. I don't think I've ever seen one with normal positioned legs.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

It seems that all Ghidorahs are just cursed to have standing issues...

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

thank you @Thegarbagemonster

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

This new? I got this MOGUERA figure from HLJ today, and his drills are super dark, pretty much black. But in videos I've seen, they look dark blue.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I think my Keizer Ghidorah has that same issue. I gotta look at it when I get home now.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Image

This new? I got this MOGUERA figure from HLJ today, and his drills are super dark, pretty much black. But in videos I've seen, they look dark blue.
I assume it has the same tag in these pictures as well.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/image/10574926
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Mine is dark metallic blue. Bought from HLJ probably less than a year ago.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:

Same tag as normal, yeah. It's otherwise the same exact figure, just with black drills.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:

Same tag as normal, yeah. It's otherwise the same exact figure, just with black drills.
I have the original Godzilla Island version which is blue I believe without looking right now. My guess just a factory paint availability thing. Possibly just a nice variant to have.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

I do think it looks great so I'm happy with it. I also LOVE the amount of metallic paint we're seeing from Bandai recently. There's no need for it at all but it looks amazing.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Wow, I didn't even know there was a bandai of Keizer Ghidorah. Is it rare or something? I wish they would do a re-issue.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Wow, I didn't even know there was a bandai of Keizer Ghidorah. Is it rare or something? I wish they would do a re-issue.
It is really hard to find for under $200 in most cases. Often times it’s not even available on sites like eBay. It’s not exactly rare, but it is sought after which jacks up the price. It’s also a big figure. It is in the 10” line of figures despite being scaled for the 6” stuff. Making it harder to get

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

godzilla1541 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Wow, I didn't even know there was a bandai of Keizer Ghidorah. Is it rare or something? I wish they would do a re-issue.
It is really hard to find for under $200 in most cases. Often times it’s not even available on sites like eBay. It’s not exactly rare, but it is sought after which jacks up the price. It’s also a big figure. It is in the 10” line of figures despite being scaled for the 6” stuff. Making it harder to get
Thanks for the info. If I ever see one in person for a reasonable price I’ll pick it up. What about Monster X?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:Yeah, most Keizer Ghidorah figures are very bowlegged. I don't think I've ever seen one with normal positioned legs.
Mine actually has no bowleg syndrome (yet) and I'm super happy about it. Therefore one hint leg is floating above the ground and he has the saggy wings... well, nothing is ever 100% perfect ~
Size DOES matter!

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Anyone own the Bandai Mothra Leo the 1997 green wings. I own it. It's a great figure.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Anyone own the Bandai Mothra Leo the 1997 green wings. I own it. It's a great figure.
I don't. I'm not a big Mothra collector. For me, Mothra has always been a distant second banana to Godzilla. Moths and butterflies just aren't my thing. I'm much more into dragonflies, mantids, spiders, & scorpions...

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

MandaSaurus wrote:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Anyone own the Bandai Mothra Leo the 1997 green wings. I own it. It's a great figure.
I don't. I'm not a big Mothra collector. For me, Mothra has always been a distant second banana to Godzilla. Moths and butterflies just aren't my thing. I'm much more into dragonflies, mantids, spiders, & scorpions...
Mothra's the same for me and it's because she hardly does anything, Mothra Leo is a bit better but she doesn't get hands on like Godzilla does usually.

The only Mothra figure I'm really that interested in is the GMK Bandai one, because her legs are actually hanging down instead of tucked under her body like pretty much every other figure of her, but in the UK that's not something you're likely to come across so I'm waiting until they make a new Mothra like that. If they ever do...

It bugs me that Bandai always cut corners on their Mothra figures. I'm not expecting vinyls to have good articulation, and I know they only have swivel "plug" joints, but cmon! Give her rotating wings or something. Like the little Jakks figure. And the ability to actually stand up!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Do you have pictures?

The big issue with Mothra figures for me are articulation. Not that articulation is really important, but I don't like how much space Mothra figures generally take up as they're generally very flat and spread out. I really love the GMK Mothra Bandai because you can indeed stand her up on her hind legs.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Do you have pictures?

The big issue with Mothra figures for me are articulation. Not that articulation is really important, but I don't like how much space Mothra figures generally take up as they're generally very flat and spread out. I really love the GMK Mothra Bandai because you can indeed stand her up on her hind legs.
It's the one where you squeeze Leo's abdomen and the wings flap and the legs were attached on runners out of the box.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.