Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Grunkle Sans wrote:It's been a while, recently got back into Godzilla collecting. Just dug out all my MMS figures, and now I'm considering un-tagging them, since they're sort of getting in the way of display, etc. Do you guys keep yours with the tags on?
Personally I take the tags off and keep them in protective sleeves within a binder. I have no interest in selling the figures so I don't mind if the removal of the tag devalues it.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Grunkle Sans wrote:It's been a while, recently got back into Godzilla collecting. Just dug out all my MMS figures, and now I'm considering un-tagging them, since they're sort of getting in the way of display, etc. Do you guys keep yours with the tags on?
Keep the tags on for your favorite/rarest figures.

You can also heat up the part of the figure where the tag’s attached with a hair dryer and simply pop out the hook without cutting it, allowing you to reattach it later on if you change your mind.

Remember to put the tags in a binder or something to keep them undamanged.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Keep the tags on for your favorite/rarest figures.

You can also heat up the part of the figure where the tag’s attached with a hair dryer and simply pop out the hook without cutting it, allowing you to reattach it later on if you change your mind.

Remember to put the tags in a binder or something to keep them undamanged.
I didn't even think about that, I'll try it with one of my less rarer ones.

update: tried it with shin godzilla form 3, could not get the tag out
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:gigan:

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I don't usually remove the tags. I still like to keep them though.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Just picked up the Godzilla Store Exclusive Shin Godzilla at the pop-up store in Austin. Beautiful figure (based on the statue) which means Shin Godzilla is finally represented in my collection.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I've kept most of my tags but I just threw them into a tub with my Dark Horse comics and stuff.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Looks like HLJ restocked on Kotm figures. Any chance the balance issue was fixed on Ghidorah in this batch?

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

B34sT wrote:Looks like HLJ restocked on Kotm figures. Any chance the balance issue was fixed on Ghidorah in this batch?
No. It’s not an issue they can fix. It’s like Kaiser Ghidorah, the weight of the Figure will always cause issues over time

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

godzilla1541 wrote:
B34sT wrote:Looks like HLJ restocked on Kotm figures. Any chance the balance issue was fixed on Ghidorah in this batch?
No. It’s not an issue they can fix. It’s like Kaiser Ghidorah, the weight of the Figure will always cause issues over time
Mine had a tendency to fall over, but it was a bit warped in transit from Japan. I just put it on the shelf, propped up the right wing, which was sagging a bit, and now, weeks later, and being exposed to constant low to mid-70s in my apartment, it has regained it's original dimensions, and no longer falls over...

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

The falling over issue is easily fixed, I heated the legs and tails on mine and cooled them in a position to make the feet flat to a surface and haven’t had a problem in the weeks since.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

GFAN198423 wrote:The falling over issue is easily fixed, I heated the legs and tails on mine and cooled them in a position to make the feet flat to a surface and haven’t had a problem in the weeks since.
That'll work, if mine doesn't...

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Bandai Premium is back with a gorgeous Godzilla 1954, really hope this line continues for a long time

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Godzillian wrote:Bandai Premium is back with a gorgeous Godzilla 1954, really hope this line continues for a long time
Is that another re-used X-Plus mold sold via BANDAI Premium or an original new figure?

Also, I stumbled across this video of someone re-sculpting the head of the MMS Legendary Rodan. How a simple thing like a different head pose makes this... 'thing' look tenfolds better is astonishing:

https://youtu.be/dOoe81fhoPA
Last edited by Petezilla on Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Is that another re-used X-Plus mold sold via BANDAI Premium or an original new figure?
Looks like the old 1954 MMS sculpt but with excellent paint.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Where are you guys seeing this new Bandai premium G54?

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

ImageImage

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

canofhumdingers wrote:Where are you guys seeing this new Bandai premium G54?
https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-100013623 ... jD6iERIv5E

Looking at it again, it does look like a new sculpt. No articulation either.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Expensive though, like $60-$70, it is 8” though, wish the head were more to scale.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GFAN198423 wrote:Expensive though, like $60-$70, it is 8” though, wish the head were more to scale.
It's Bandai Premium. ALL of the Premium figures are in this price range.

Quote of the Year:

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I get it’s premium, just not sure it’s worth double an MMS.
Last edited by GFAN198423 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.