Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MandaSaurus wrote:=sigh= The main point being that the BC G54 is a poop Godzilla sculpt compared to what Bandai Japan put out... :roll:
Dude, for real. Can't you just put "Japanese Bandai is better than American! I prefer the Japanese!" in your signature or something because EVERY god damn post you ever make anymore is whining about Bandai Creation, despite the fact that they don't even release new figures anymore. Honestly, you're getting to the point of sheer obnoxiousness as the old "Trendmasters are garbage!" folk that used to hang around the toy forums a few years ago.

We get it. You said it a hundred times. Now can you please give it a god damn rest?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I've actually always wanted to get a Trendmasters Godzilla. I like the super beefy 90's physique they gave all the monsters.

Added in 2 days 7 hours 31 minutes 33 seconds:
Just posting this here if anyone's interested. It's an unopened Godzilla 91 and Godzillasaurus two pack that sold back when Godzilla vs King Ghidorah came out. There aren't many of these sets that exist unopened, this is the first one I've actually seen for sale:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... 20godzilla

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Nice. Im liking Gigan

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I've actually always wanted to get a Trendmasters Godzilla. I like the super beefy 90's physique they gave all the monsters.

Just posting this here if anyone's interested. It's an unopened Godzilla 91 and Godzillasaurus two pack that sold back when Godzilla vs King Ghidorah came out. There aren't many of these sets that exist unopened, this is the first one I've actually seen for sale:
That’s cool, but if anyone is just interested in the Godzillasaurus, and doesn’t care about it being open, you can find a bunch of those Godzillasaurus’s being sold for about 15$ in Tokyo.

Also I like all those new Bandai but I already have them all in terms of old issues. They look to be the same sculpt.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

It's a shame Gigan doesn't have the saw hands, but it's still lookin' good imo

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:It's a shame Gigan doesn't have the saw hands, but it's still lookin' good imo
If he had the saw hands I wouldn’t question buying it as I don’t have that variant.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Image
ANGURIUS!

At last an Angurius reissue

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I've actually always wanted to get a Trendmasters Godzilla. I like the super beefy 90's physique they gave all the monsters.

That’s cool, but if anyone is just interested in the Godzillasaurus, and doesn’t care about it being open, you can find a bunch of those Godzillasaurus’s being sold for about 15$ in Tokyo.

Also I like all those new Bandai but I already have them all in terms of old issues. They look to be the same sculpt.
Yeah I just posted that for collector's who like having their stuff mint in the box. I already have the G91.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Yup, old MMS releases. Their paint applications appear to have been tweaked. Pic quality isn't very good, but from what I see: The highlighting that appeared on G54 previously is gone. Gigan looks a lot darker than the prior releases. Anguirus' paint on the upper limbs' armor is gone, and his greyish body appears to be more blue now - or just a darker grey...

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

You can bet that they'll just airbush Anguirus's claws like what they did with Destoroyah lol.

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

Nice! I'll be getting all three of those since i don't have the old versions. It's a shame those new ones will have worse paint though.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:It's a shame Gigan doesn't have the saw hands, but it's still lookin' good imo
Considering Bandai also gifted us with a 6" Heavy Arms Kiryu last year, we should just wait! Looks like they are finally about to release most characters in nearly all their incarnations!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Dramorg wrote:
Considering Bandai also gifted us with a 6" Heavy Arms Kiryu last year, we should just wait! Looks like they are finally about to release most characters in nearly all their incarnations!
...?!?! Erm... as far as I can tell from their track record, no. Far from that to be exact.
Size DOES matter!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

So I got a big bonus today and went ahead and ordered the Movie Monsters MOGUERA, this is my first Japanese vinyl so could anyone tell me about this guy if you got him, would you recommend him yourselves or did I done goof?

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Space-M ... era&sr=8-1
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

$22, free shipping ain't bad, but if yer gonna buy a bunch of them, order from HLJ or some such...

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Thanks for the advice, I figure I’ll just buy em one at a time so my wife doesnt smack me in the face with her hair straightener :lol:
I mostly just see Heisei monsters on Amazon though, I’ve got my eyes on their MKG but I like the Showa monsters more and don’t see any :(

Kinda starting to wish I got Showa Gigan instead lol

Thought MOGUERA would stand out in my collection more though :shrug:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I actually just put my own MMS MOGUERA on my shelf a little while ago. It's a really great-looking figure for what it is, so I'd say you made a good choice. I also recommend the Showa Gigan.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

MOGUERA is ok?

Showa Gigan is great, kotm Ghidorah is fantastic, anime Godzilla is great, Biollante and Destroyah are great, Shin is great,..

There's a lot of really good vinyls available. I think once you get more of them MOGUERA wont exactly be a favorite or anything but it's a start.

and I also agree that HobbyLinkJapan is a fantastic place to get Bandai vinyls. I've ordered tons of vinyls from them and never had a problem.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

I recommend Showcase Daikaiju for some of the older vinyls. Sometimes they don't have a lot in stock, but when they do the prices are always great.