Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Woah! That's one of my favorite bandai sculpts! I have the original. I may just have to pick him up

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I kinda wish BANDAI would put more effort into their vinyls.... I have yet to buy a store exclusive, because it'd be very expensive for me. And this one is tempting me, because it looks so nice... but then I think about how I already have the BANDAI Creation MechaGodzilla and how it's objectively superior as a figure because of all its articulation.

I actually really want the rest of the BC line, but it's near impossible to get in the UK. For some reason it was like £12 for them a few years ago, but nowadays they go for like £80-100 for some reason, I've even seen the King Ghidorah go over £200. It's completely ridiculous.

Anyway, my point is, as sculpts you could argue they're worse than Japan's. I myself like them because they have more character, even if they're not as accurate TO the character. But they have better paint jobs, way better articulation, usually bigger size.... I just wonder why there's such a gap in quality. Especially now that BANDAI is going so far as to lower the quality of some of their rereleases, like the 1954 Godzilla having less paint and his tail articulation removed.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550013
A new store exclusive.

:? looks really cool but meh... I'm sick of seeing exclusive figures.
I’m going to buy this tomorrow. IMO looks amazing and would pair nicely with the pink Shin Godzilla I have.

I agree Store exclusives are shitty, but I’d rather have interesting colors and variations than none at all.

Added in 1 day 13 hours 23 minutes 5 seconds:
Just bought the Store Exclusive MG. I'll take photos of it and compare it to another MG when it arrives.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

The color scheme is terribly flat, but it's reasonably priced compared to Bandai's other recent releases, and this is the first time we've seen this sculpt in years.
I'm not buying it (I have the original), but this is probably one of their best deals in a while. :|

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Thought I'd drop this in here for you guys:
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b49 ... st_history
I've never used Buyee before but I've heard great things about them.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The Movie Monster MechaGodzilla 2 Store Exclusive is really nice:

Hard to explain, but the colors really pop and the promo images don't do it justice. Fits nicely beside some of the color high end figures. I hope they make more store exclusives like this (if not massively available special versions).
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

It looks like candy. I want to eat it.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Just got my Mecha King Ghidorah. The heads are smashed together like I was hoping they wouldn't be, but oh well. It's a big, dramatic figure, and I needed a Ghidorah in my collection, so I'll take it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

JAGzilla wrote:Just got my Mecha King Ghidorah. The heads are smashed together like I was hoping they wouldn't be, but oh well. It's a big, dramatic figure, and I needed a Ghidorah in my collection, so I'll take it.
That sucks... Can you heat it up then put something between the heads so they "reset" that way?

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The Movie Monster MechaGodzilla 2 Store Exclusive is really nice:

Hard to explain, but the colors really pop and the promo images don't do it justice. Fits nicely beside some of the color high end figures. I hope they make more store exclusives like this (if not massively available special versions).
You're low key selling me on it
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I still need to order the premium bandai Fake Godzilla. Wish I had pre-ordered the other set as well.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:Just got my Mecha King Ghidorah. The heads are smashed together like I was hoping they wouldn't be, but oh well. It's a big, dramatic figure, and I needed a Ghidorah in my collection, so I'll take it.
That sucks... Can you heat it up then put something between the heads so they "reset" that way?
Maybe. Really, though, 'smashed together' is an exaggeration... they're just not as spread out as in the Amazon picture. They're not terrible, and if I can't reset them, I can live with them.

And I'm really happy with the figure in general. Its size and imposing wings are eye catching, and my little vinyl shelf looks way better with it there.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

The Bandai 6 inch heisei ghidorahs (regular and mecha) always have the necks smushed together. I guess it’s just the way they’re molded. I remember as a kid I tried to spread them out on the regular King Ghidorah. I heated up the base of the necks and spread them apart. Then I stuck a coin (quarter or nickel or something) in the middle of them to hold them apart and left it for weeks. I though surely they’d stay spread out after that so I took the coin out. Nope. As soon as I took it out the necks went right back to touching each other.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Now if we can only get a new Showa Angurius in this line

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

JAGzilla wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote:
Maybe. Really, though, 'smashed together' is an exaggeration... they're just not as spread out as in the Amazon picture. They're not terrible, and if I can't reset them, I can live with them.

And I'm really happy with the figure in general. Its size and imposing wings are eye catching, and my little vinyl shelf looks way better with it there.
Mine was all clumped together at first but I've had it for a year and it's slowly spread out a bit, they're still close to eachother but, like...they used to be touching and now they're not.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

HobbyLink Japan is doing a limited-time fall sale, incuding a few Godzilla vinyls, if anyone is interested.
https://www.hlj.com/search/?q=*&product ... E2020SCIFI

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Rody wrote:HobbyLink Japan is doing a limited-time fall sale, incuding a few Godzilla vinyls, if anyone is interested.
I was like "ooh sale on vinyls" and then remembered I own all the new ones (that I wanted). The struggles of a collector.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Rody wrote:HobbyLink Japan is doing a limited-time fall sale, incuding a few Godzilla vinyls, if anyone is interested.
The Godzilla Evolution magazine is already out of stock before everything else

That's actually really funny

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Hopefully with the godzilla singular point announcement for Netflix. We will get some exciting new figures.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Some new preorders from BBTS got listed. What... are these? I'm guessing they're part of the standard line and not the actual line for GvK? Just in case though I spoiler tagged them.