Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by GFAN198423 »

Thanks for the pics, using the same comparison, it's clear that for those holding hope for a NECA Ghidorah and getting something else cost effective over SHMA in the mean time, the Bandai MMS goes better with NECA figures than the JAKKS 6" Ghidorah.

MMS at least looks like it would pose a threat to Godzilla, even if it's more scaled like Showa Ghidorah to Showa Godzilla, still better than JAKKS that looks like no threat at all.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Any chance you could snap a pic of the Ghidorah vinyl next to the NECA 2014 Godzilla? Trying to see how they stack up.
Sure, here you go...

Very impressed with Ghidorah. I think he's the star of the four.
If Ghodorah was actually standing instead of being Hunched over I think it could scale really well. However due do bandai’s ghidorah being of an early Design he has a weird hunched over position.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Thanks for the pics, using the same comparison, it's clear that for those holding hope for a NECA Ghidorah and getting something else cost effective over SHMA in the mean time, the Bandai MMS goes better with NECA figures than the JAKKS 6" Ghidorah.

MMS at least looks like it would pose a threat to Godzilla, even if it's more scaled like Showa Ghidorah to Showa Godzilla, still better than JAKKS that looks like no threat at all.
That extra claw on the wing still bothers me.

I'll get this and the S.H. MonsterArts version. They're pretty much the best 2019 Ghidorah figures available at this time. Same goes for the Godzilla figures, although the NECA one isn't bad at all.

Rodan and Mothra look like utter garbage. I've seen people excuse them by stating that they are vinyls, but these don't look anywhere near the level of quality that the Movie Monster Series had years ago. That's a poor excuse. I'm still waiting to see how the S.H. MonsterArts Rodan and Mothra releases will be priced before making a decision.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So how long is EMS normally? About a week?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote:So how long is EMS normally? About a week?
Usually, yeah.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:So how long is EMS normally? About a week?
Usually, yeah.
Okay sweet, I bought the Goji'19 on AmiAmi yesterday, but they processed it today. So hopefully it shows up later this week while I'm on break.

Added in 1 day 10 minutes 24 seconds:
Stopped by my comic shop today and to my surprise they had the whole set of Bandai KOTM figures, Mothra and Rodan looked about as weak as I expected, Godzilla and Ghidorah looked great. Since I'm waiting for Godzilla from AmiAmi to arrive, I went ahead and bought Ghidorah. He's a great figure, well sculpted and the paint on the teeth looks great.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Yeah Ghidorah is much better than i was expecting. Congrats on getting him

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:Yeah Ghidorah is much better than i was expecting. Congrats on getting him
Thanks! Yeah, he's definitely a really solid figure
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Here's a fan repaint that really shows off the level of detail on the Ghidorah vinyl.

https://twitter.com/sarutajira/status/1 ... 84065?s=19
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Fantastic!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So i was surprised to see that my Bandai Godzilla 2019 showed up today since i'm all the way in NY. I had just checked the tracker yesterday and it said it left Tokyo. It's a phenomenal figure, i'll take some pics/comparisons in a few.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I'm hoping to have some extra spending cash this week and if I get it I'm spending it on all four of the Bandai KOTM figures. NECA's figures all look way better but with Rodan and Mothra coming out wayyyyyyy after the movie's release I want to have a complete set of figures along side the movie's release.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

cloverfan98 wrote:I'm hoping to have some extra spending cash this week and if I get it I'm spending it on all four of the Bandai KOTM figures. NECA's figures all look way better but with Rodan and Mothra coming out wayyyyyyy after the movie's release I want to have a complete set of figures along side the movie's release.
I will say, even though it's a bit early, I think the Bandai Godzilla is giving the NECA KOTM figure a run for it's money, it has a much better proportioned body than what we've seen from NECA imo, and the matte black paint plus metallic blue with black tipped spines looks gorgeous. Plus he actually has teeth! Lol

There's also something about the molding of the arms that looks really good in comparison to other MV Goji figures.

Ghidorahs great all around but Godzilla almost towers over him.

Mothra and Rodan in person are definitely the weakest, they look as bad as they do online.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I'm not sure where best to post this, so I'll try a couple of spots:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-334358

Image Image

We have an SSSS.GRIDMAN vinyl kaiju coming in at last! Release is scheduled for August. It's a bit pricey for what it is, at $25-30, but at least with CD Japan, you can cut the price down further with rewards points if you have an account.
I say preorder this, and show there's interest for more!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So I've finally got to snap some pics of the Bandai Japan KOTM Godzilla figure, the details immaculate, the metallic blue and matte black contrast works hand and hand, and the sculpt is great. Plus he's pretty big for a regular Movie Monster Series figure.

One issue if I had to find one would be some slight paint slop on the right side of his teeth but other than that he rivals both NECA and SHMA in terms of a reliably accurate, stocky good figure for a low(er) price.

(Sorry if there's too many pics, I figured I'd compare him to some other lines/other vinyl Monsterverse figures)

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

With the BC G14.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If only they put this much effort into Rodan and Mothra, we'd have a pristine line up.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

_JNavs_ wrote:If only they put this much effort into Rodan and Mothra, we'd have a pristine line up.
"Preach!"

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

WOW! That fan repaint is amazing. Just goes to show you how much potential some of these sculpts have. It's just too bad the paint is cheaply done, but it makes sense since these aren't meant to be for high end collectors anyways. Still, I was only planning on getting the MMS and MKS Godzilla, but I might have to grab a Ghidorah now too. Rodan and Mothra still look like bad happy meal toys.

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

That Gridman kaiju sure looks good. A bit pricey, but that paintjob alone blows bandai's recent offerings out of the water. I preordered it before even watching a single episode of the show.