Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
Leunames
Interpol Agent
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Leunames » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:37 pm



I'm not a huge fan of this design, but I really dig this figure. Might be the trick of a large scale Bandai doing its voodoo (could never stay away from big Bandai figures), but overall I'm pleased!

The Godzilla Earth Premium Bandai figure is lowest cost large scale figure available on the market. The paint does a surprisingly good job on the figure which comes up much more nuanced and alluring than the smaller 6" scale figures.
Last edited by Leunames on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Uncrazimatic

Godzilla and reviews, from vintage to modern day.

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yojimbo
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Oh look, it's just your average Great Monster Series Bronze Godzilla
I think Ultraseven looks ridiculous and nobody can convince me otherwise.

User avatar
Dramorg
Samurai
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 2:20 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Dramorg » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Did anyone mentioned the MMS Gidorah 2018? Scheduled to come out in November. Around 1.720 Yen, sadly no pictures yet.

User avatar
Rody
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5011
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Rody » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm

^It was mentioned a couple of pages back. I don't think there's much to discuss until we have photos.

DirektorSplennic wrote:Also, does anyone know what happened to Club Tokyo and why they don't update anymore? I used to love that site.

Do you mean the website overall, or just the marketplace? Toy listings do still get added occasionally, but the marketplace probably just got engulfed by Facebook. If you have FB, look them up, and you might find items for sale once in a while.

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yojimbo
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Rody wrote:^It was mentioned a couple of pages back. I don't think there's much to discuss until we have photos.

DirektorSplennic wrote:Also, does anyone know what happened to Club Tokyo and why they don't update anymore? I used to love that site.

Do you mean the website overall, or just the marketplace? Toy listings do still get added occasionally, but the marketplace probably just got engulfed by Facebook. If you have FB, look them up, and you might find items for sale once in a while.


My apologies. I meant what happened to their figure library. They stopped updating new releases back in 2015.
I think Ultraseven looks ridiculous and nobody can convince me otherwise.

User avatar
Leunames
Interpol Agent
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Leunames » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:00 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:Oh look, it's just your average Great Monster Series Bronze Godzilla


I've got to review that too.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Uncrazimatic

Godzilla and reviews, from vintage to modern day.

swfreakjpb
Ronin
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby swfreakjpb » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:03 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:I can vouch for this. I own the newer one, while a friend of mine owns the older pink tag version. The pink tag version has a more detailed sculpt and is a tad bit larger, while the newer one has a more accurate head, but is overall less detailed and a tad bit smaller.



It also has less parts

User avatar
OGMechaMothra
Samurai
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby OGMechaMothra » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Premium Bandai BARAGON is coming in January 2019! It includes Frankenstein's hand as a bonus.
[url]p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000128373[/url]
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm so sick of Premium Bandai. The last three things I wanted (two Kamen Rider figures and now this) are all Premium Bandai. Such a bigger pain in the ass to get a hold of.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
godzilla1541
G-Grasper
Posts: 1495
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: grand terrace ca

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby godzilla1541 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:41 pm

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'm so sick of Premium Bandai. The last three things I wanted (two Kamen Rider figures and now this) are all Premium Bandai. Such a bigger pain in the ass to get a hold of.

Yah. It was fun when it was announced. But now due to the rarity. It’s basically like they never made the figures at all! Like seriously. How many people Actually got a hold of the Gargantuas and Frankenstein?

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Godzillian » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Premium releases are meant to be rare though. Its bandai making a figure specifically for die hard collectors. It's an extremely limited run and once its sold out its out
Image

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Keizer
Posts: 9983
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 am

godzilla1541 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'm so sick of Premium Bandai. The last three things I wanted (two Kamen Rider figures and now this) are all Premium Bandai. Such a bigger pain in the ass to get a hold of.

Yah. It was fun when it was announced. But now due to the rarity. It’s basically like they never made the figures at all! Like seriously. How many people Actually got a hold of the Gargantuas and Frankenstein?

I got both Gargantuas. Only reason I didn't get Frankie was that I was short of funds during the ordering window...

User avatar
OGMechaMothra
Samurai
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby OGMechaMothra » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:41 am

MandaSaurus wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'm so sick of Premium Bandai. The last three things I wanted (two Kamen Rider figures and now this) are all Premium Bandai. Such a bigger pain in the ass to get a hold of.

Yah. It was fun when it was announced. But now due to the rarity. It’s basically like they never made the figures at all! Like seriously. How many people Actually got a hold of the Gargantuas and Frankenstein?

I got both Gargantuas. Only reason I didn't get Frankie was that I was short of funds during the ordering window...


I was able to get all 3 pretty easy, I even had a shipping with Frankie and was able to order a 2nd one as well.
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Godzillian » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:43 am

godzilla1541 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'm so sick of Premium Bandai. The last three things I wanted (two Kamen Rider figures and now this) are all Premium Bandai. Such a bigger pain in the ass to get a hold of.

Yah. It was fun when it was announced. But now due to the rarity. It’s basically like they never made the figures at all! Like seriously. How many people Actually got a hold of the Gargantuas and Frankenstein?

Got all three. Frank I got up on release and the Gargantuas I got both recently for a sweet deal
Image

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Keizer
Posts: 9983
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:05 am

OGMechaMothra wrote:Premium Bandai BARAGON is coming in January 2019! It includes Frankenstein's hand as a bonus.
[url]p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000128373[/url]

Your link doesn't work - but I found it anyway. Looks good. I'll probably get one...

User avatar
KingKaiju
G-Grasper
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby KingKaiju » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:00 am

Yeah. I actually didn’t have much trouble getting the Gargantuas. Skipped over Frankenstein, but even now I’m not all too concerned. I’m loving the line though. We’re getting nicely detailed figures of more obscure Kaiju. I can only hope that, in the future, we get other characters like Gezora, Kameobas, Varan, Dogora, etc.
Last edited by KingKaiju on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yojimbo
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:15 am

I'd kill for a Varan figure
I think Ultraseven looks ridiculous and nobody can convince me otherwise.

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Godzillian » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:16 am

Super excited for this Baragon. I hope they keep the premium figures coming

DirektorSplennic wrote:I'd kill for a Varan figure

At G-fest a representative said that Varan is one kaiju they'd love to do a figure for so fingers crossed.
Image

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Yojimbo
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 am

Godzillian wrote:Super excited for this Baragon. I hope they keep the premium figures coming

DirektorSplennic wrote:I'd kill for a Varan figure

At G-fest a representative said that Varan is one kaiju they'd love to do a figure for so fingers crossed.


Quick question, how big are these premium figures? If they do a Varan, I'd want him in scale with my dozens of other 6 inch vinyls
I think Ultraseven looks ridiculous and nobody can convince me otherwise.

User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby Godzillian » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Super excited for this Baragon. I hope they keep the premium figures coming

DirektorSplennic wrote:I'd kill for a Varan figure

At G-fest a representative said that Varan is one kaiju they'd love to do a figure for so fingers crossed.


Quick question, how big are these premium figures? If they do a Varan, I'd want him in scale with my dozens of other 6 inch vinyls

Like 7 inches I guess. They're bigger then the 6 inch but smaller then the 8 inch
Last edited by Godzillian on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UltramanGoji and 2 guests