Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by codycameron09 »

It kinda looks like Godzilla's front is glowing as well. Maybe they are trying to go for a Shin Goji look by having his upper body glow as he charges his breath.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I went a little crazy, and went to HLJ to preorder the Godzilla and MKG. I ordered two Godzillas; one for me, and one for my nephew.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

KingKaiju wrote:I went a little crazy, and went to HLJ to preorder the Godzilla and MKG. I ordered two Godzillas; one for me, and one for my nephew.
Nothing wrong with sharing the wealth

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Yeah, he's a huge fan and, even though I'm not supposed to have favorites, he's my favorite. hahahahaha. So just a little something for him.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

codycameron09 wrote:It kinda looks like Godzilla's front is glowing as well. Maybe they are trying to go for a Shin Goji look by having his upper body glow as he charges his breath.
Shin’s upper body didn’t glow when he charged his atomic breath, that was just a mistake on the SHMA figure.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

do you mean Shins chest or his neck? The sides of his neck glowed.

You don't really get a good look at his chest. Down the sides of his neck and across his upper chest (inside the pointed sternum section) it's glowing red right before everything turns purple. But when things turn purple the camera is down below the lip of his protruding sternum and you don't really get a look down inside it since now you're looking up instead of down.

But since his chest and neck are glowing red, and then you see him glowing purple in the same spots it's probably safe to assume that down in his chest it's probably glowing purple too just like the red was.

The camera angles for his massive 'destroy everything atomic-breath' scene really make it hard to definitively tell though.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I can't wait for the Mecha King Ghidorah!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:do you mean Shins chest or his neck? The sides of his neck glowed.

You don't really get a good look at his chest. Down the sides of his neck and across his upper chest (inside the pointed sternum section) it's glowing red right before everything turns purple. But when things turn purple the camera is down below the lip of his protruding sternum and you don't really get a look down inside it since now you're looking up instead of down.

But since his chest and neck are glowing red, and then you see him glowing purple in the same spots it's probably safe to assume that down in his chest it's probably glowing purple too just like the red was.

The camera angles for his massive 'destroy everything atomic-breath' scene really make it hard to definitively tell though.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jzldtg1wqhM/hqdefault.jpg

IIRC you can still see his red chest during the final attack when he's spamming his rays across the day sky. To lazy atm to pop in the disk, but im sure you can find a decent upload somewhere on YT.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Yes, all the red still glows when his purple set in, the purple is just so bright it makes the red seem gone.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Got my Frankenstein today from Bandai-Online... and it came broke in half.. UNREAL... not I'll have pay $135 or higher.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

OGMechaMothra wrote:Got my Frankenstein today from Bandai-Online... and it came broke in half.. UNREAL... not I'll have pay $135 or higher.
Get hold of Kaiju Zoo on here or on Sci-Fi Japan forums, he does some pretty awesome work when it comes to repair jobs. Would probably be cheaper than aftermarket Franky prices.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

MM Raids Again wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:Got my Frankenstein today from Bandai-Online... and it came broke in half.. UNREAL... not I'll have pay $135 or higher.
Get hold of Kaiju Zoo on here or on Sci-Fi Japan forums, he does some pretty awesome work when it comes to repair jobs. Would probably be cheaper than aftermarket Franky prices.
I reaching out to a friend who does custom figures.. to see if he can fix it.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Can't be that hard to fix yourself, it is vinyl. Can you post a pic of it?

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

I received my monster Frankenstein today, the bandai box was dented, but the figure is Fantastic! Can't wait for crawling Baragon to go on pre-order from an import site.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

is crawling Baragon confirmed?!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:is crawling Baragon confirmed?!
The prototype was shown on off but no date for release has been announced. It's basically "coming soon" at this point

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

that would be really cool. I love Baragon.

Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Godzillian wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:is crawling Baragon confirmed?!
The prototype was shown on off but no date for release has been announced. It's basically "coming soon" at this point
They also said ookado was coming to go with it and that Baragon wouldn't get made because it had been made before.

Added in 1 minute 33 seconds:
Kinggoji1962 wrote:
Can't be that hard to fix yourself, it is vinyl. Can you post a pic of it?
I returned it and bought it else where.. for a good price.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

OGMechaMothra wrote: They also said ookado was coming to go with it and that Baragon wouldn't get made because it had been made before.
I find this very hard to believe. Do you have a source for this?

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

UltramanGoji wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote: They also said ookado was coming to go with it and that Baragon wouldn't get made because it had been made before.
I find this very hard to believe. Do you have a source for this?
http://augustragone.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... d.html?m=1
Baragon was originally planned for "Kaiju Bangaichi" but was canceled since Bandai had previously issued a figure of the popular burrowing beast to their "Godzilla Series" line back in 1992. Those behind the scenes are still hoping to push the idea that Baragon is due a new in this line - perhaps a "crawling version" of the critter? While Bandai's position is understandable, the earlier figure was issued 25 years ago. Let's cross our claws, but not hold our collective radioactive breath.While more details (and photos, hopefully) of the Giant Octopus (can it be true?) have been promised to be unveiled this weekend at Super Festival 75 (if my sources are correct)