Custom Action Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Re: Custom Action Figures Thread

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

I want it. I want five.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:I want it. I want five.
One per customer >: | Most of the time its that way. 1 per, limited to like 100

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Someone made
a custom bagan from a neca GMK https://instagram.com/p/BixAyz5AcgV/
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Mon May 14, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

His Super Godzilla looks AMAZING. I love that guy's stuff.

Oh, and
Spoiler:
fuck Bagan
Last edited by Maritonic on Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

godzilla1541 wrote:Someone make a custom bagan from a neca GMK https://instagram.com/p/BixAyz5AcgV/
...How
Looks pretty great, simple yet effective retooling. I'd love to see some standalone pics of that Super Godzilla, though.

Edit, nvmd, they were grouped with Viras: https://www.instagram.com/p/BiDh0YKABny/
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Mon May 14, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Working on an articulated Mini Kiryu to Pass the time while I wait for the 6in to come in Image

Added in 8 hours 2 minutes 45 seconds:

Added in 6 days 5 hours 3 minutes 11 seconds:
6in came in. I started customizing yesterday and at the time of posting this, only Finnished the articulation like 30 minuets ago. Well here is a little picture of it in an polished state Image
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

godzilla1541 wrote:
not bad! id like to see if you can figure out a way to make the joints more flush

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Repainting my SHMA Godzilla 1964 emergence to look more like the traditional design Image Image

Added in 2 hours 45 minutes 5 seconds:

Added in 16 days 1 hour 53 minutes 51 seconds:
Repainting my Neca 2014 currently. Damn are his eyes hard to do

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Added in 5 hours 47 minutes 57 seconds:
Gahdzilluh wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
not bad! id like to see if you can figure out a way to make the joints more flush
I changed the neck and feet after that video was posted. Now they sit flush with everything else. The only really visible joints are in the elbows

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

So I guess this thread is mine now since literally no one posts here. Or looks here. Well anyway here my custom trendmasters Baby Godzilla! Fixed that damn right arm and gave it a Godzilla the series style paint job

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godzilla1541 wrote:So I guess this thread is mine now since literally no one posts here. Or looks here. Well anyway here my custom trendmasters Baby Godzilla! Fixed that damn right arm and gave it a Godzilla the series style paint job
Dude, we see what your doing but its not like we can give you any tips seems your quite capable on your own.

Keep up the great job.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

goji89 wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:So I guess this thread is mine now since literally no one posts here. Or looks here. Well anyway here my custom trendmasters Baby Godzilla! Fixed that damn right arm and gave it a Godzilla the series style paint job
Dude, we see what your doing but its not like we can give you any tips seems your quite capable on your own.

Keep up the great job.
Heh. Thanks. I guess I’m just used to this thread being active as it used to be before. But that’s to be expected as even in instagram im the figure customizer that does it the most. I am almost always working on something. IDK why I think I have an addiction. Like literally over half my collection is customized. And I am still customizing more. Hell I custom figures I get in the mail the same
Day they arrived. (Examples of this are Neca 84. Bandai Kiryu. One of my Neca 94’. Both my extra Neca Shins, and soon the 6 in bandai Gigan reissue when it releases.)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godzilla1541 wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Keep up the great job.
Heh. Thanks. I guess I’m just used to this thread being active as it used to be before. But that’s to be expected as even in instagram im the figure customizer that does it the most. I am almost always working on something. IDK why I think I have an addiction. Like literally over half my collection is customized. And I am still customizing more. Hell I custom figures I get in the mail the same
Day they arrived. (Examples of this are Neca 84. Bandai Kiryu. One of my Neca 94’. Both my extra Neca Shins, and soon the 6 in bandai Gigan reissue when it releases.)
I used to customize figures as well. But then I got married had kids and came to the conclusion that I sucked monkey balls...... :lol: . Paint all sloppy and dripping, joints super glued like three times because they kept falling off,
I felt like freaking Sid from Toy Story.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

godzilla1541 wrote:So I guess this thread is mine now since literally no one posts here. Or looks here.
With respect, I see your posts all the time on here, Instagram, Neca thread, wherever you decide to post them lol. I think you do some cool work, certainly better than what I could do. But I genuinely believe if you S L O W E D down and put more effort into detail, your work would be much better.

But I don't reply to every single post of yours because I don't want to be a dick lol. I mean what I say constructively, not cruelly; I think you have talent, especially with how you articulate figures (although it DOES hurt to see you cut up bandais...). I just think you crank 'em out too much.

Look at what Kaiju_body_and_paint on Instagram does. His stuff is INCREDIBLE because he really takes a lot of time and effort into each figure. Not saying you don't put effort, I KNOW you do, it's evident. But to really be methodical and get those tiny details that would really make the figure pop, takes time. It's not something that happens over night.

And I fully believe you're capable of that.

Again, not being a dick. Just being trying to be constructive. But this is also why I don't comment every time you post a custom here, NECA, Bandai, Tamashii thread because it's going to come across extremely condescending.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

godzilla1541 wrote:So I guess this thread is mine now since literally no one posts here. Or looks here.
I do browse here, nothing wrong with showing off your customs if no one else does. It's not a hobby for everyone. But don't expect replies for every single one; even topics in the Fan Art, Movies & Games section hardly see replies when the creators are highly active with great content, like SpaceG92, Monster Zero, or 2009MECHAGODZILLA's threads. I'd rather post here if I find something relevant to the topic :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

your source of self destruction

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

What's that going to be? :eh:

RIP Evan.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
sauron from primal rage
your source of self destruction

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

master_of_monsters wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
sauron from primal rage
Ah! Guessed primal rage as I was thinking about it. Excited to see him in all his glory.

RIP Evan.