Custom Action Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Custom Action Figures Thread

Post by SpaceG92 »

Thought I'd drop this link here.

A small journal on how galloglaigh customized his big Bandai Shin Godzilla.
http://galloglaigh.blogspot.com.au/2016 ... ple-i.html

Pretty good place to start for those interested in picking up techniques and what others are doing.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

^^^^

That's incredible! What an improvement! That's seriously one of the best customs I've ever seen!

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Wow. That is so nice.
GO GO GOJI KUN

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

FREAK'N AWESOME!!! :g2k:

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

So I've been working on different custom figures so far, and I thought I might mention what I'm doing so to get some opinions about it. So to start off with what's in the works, I'm using a Godzilla 2000 special color version mold to make a horrifically mutated Spacegodzilla from a story of mine. I have a concept image of it done if you want to see that for yourself: http://i.imgur.com/VwEkmZXl.jpg While I don't have any W.I.P. shots ready yet, I hope to get some up by October. Some other things I'm working on is using a sh figuarts body mold (this one here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NADEZ ... ref=plSrch) is to create my own character Mitsuki. She another character from the sAmerican story as the Spacegodzilla. The last two customs figures I have in mind both use the Neca Shin Godzilla. The first one will be to look more movie accurate. I'll touch up the membrane, teeth, spines, head shape, and add the face to the tail. The second is once again for the story. It will be a more evolved version of Shin that will look more Godzilla 1954 like. It should look disturbing if I can do it right. I also have some custom beams in mind. For the movie accurate Shin I'll make beams for the mouth and tail. I'm hoping I can somehow find a way to make the beams for his back. I'm also hoping to sculpt the black some and fire breath (sorry, I forgot the names). I also want to make a beam for my Godzilla 2000 that's a blue spiral beam. That's all I have in mind right now. If you have any opinions, feel free to share :)
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Not mine, but if SHMA Fire Rodan got a "Poster Version" equivalent:

(sourced)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I was wondering when someone would do a Poster Rodan :D Nice find Giga!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote:I was wondering when someone would do a Poster Rodan :D Nice find Giga!
Poor Fire Rodan could use some serious touch-ups to its articulation. Hopefully possible future Rodans get better treatment.

SHMA Ghost Godzilla custom by : https://www.instagram.com/kaiju_body_and_paint/

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I'm in love with that Ghost Godzilla. That guy also repainted his Heisei Gyaos into a Hyper Gyaos, which reminds me that I'm always surprised I've never seen anyone repaint their Revoltech Showa Gyaos into a Space Gyaos. Always been a fan of that color scheme of Gyaos, and last I checked that particular Revoltech wasn't *that* expensive.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Hey guys remember that custom varan awhile back in the MA thread. https://instagram.com/p/BW5olC7nr7e/

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzilla1541 wrote:Hey guys remember that custom varan awhile back in the MA thread. https://instagram.com/p/BW5olC7nr7e/
https://twitter.com/nyoruniru/status/888969840899141633

Up for sale at WonFest (of course it is!) for aprox ~12000 yen.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

godzilla1541 wrote:Hey guys remember that custom varan awhile back in the MA thread. https://instagram.com/p/BW5olC7nr7e/
Sweet Jesus...
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SpaceG92 wrote:Thought I'd drop this link here.

A small journal on how galloglaigh customized his big Bandai Shin Godzilla.
http://galloglaigh.blogspot.com.au/2016 ... ple-i.html

Pretty good place to start for those interested in picking up techniques and what others are doing.
Eh, the glowy parts are too orange and the claws could use a more dirty bone color like in the film. Using toothpicks for the teeth was brilliant though, and it the head looks much better as a result.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

The maker of that Varan can't mail outside of Japan for copyright reasons.

Found out as I am trying to get one :(.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GIGAN05 wrote:The maker of that Varan can't mail outside of Japan for copyright reasons.

That's too bad; it's a gorgeous looking figure.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

GIGAN05 wrote:The maker of that Varan can't mail outside of Japan for copyright reasons.

Try using a middleman service?
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:

Try using a middleman service?
I have looked into that option but no one seems to be going.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Customized my Bandai creations king ghidorah the same as my mothra. Added wing joints! Also painted the horns and the wings Image Image Image

Added in 7 hours 52 minutes 11 seconds:

AlsoImage
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Currently in the process of making a custom Nova figure from Ultraman Leo. Here's a few in-progress shots.

Here's the base, a NECA Blue Demoman figure stripped of its bomb jacket, side pockets, and waist plate, a spare Bandai Creations Gigan leg (the Demo's right arm is broken at the joint), and some weird mechanical seamobile legs from an old Sea World playset. They made the perfect shape of Nova's scythe.

I covered the figure in red electrical tape, which was the right color and it helped to not only color the scythe, body, and whip parts but also helped hold the different pieces together. I chose not to make the arm parts from scratch due to not having the right materials and also impatience. The red tape may look less smooth, but I like to imagine it's a Mimikyu situation where the real Nova is hidden under the teru teru bōzu disguise.

The head presented another situation where I had to be creative. I took an inner joint piece from an old Lego Dinosaur set, attached two Bionicle Rhotuka Spinners to each side and covered the whole thing in electrical tape. I drew the eyes and mouth on with Sharpie.

Just needs some red fabric to simulate the body and he'll be complete!