Custom Action Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Re: Custom Action Figures Thread

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Looks Good i like it even though it is not movie accurate i loved the hard work you put into it. Good Job! :thumbsup: :applause:
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Does anyone knows if there's a Gamera 3 custom using SHMA Gamera?

Added in 22 hours 5 minutes 26 seconds:
My Gyaos custom is finished! I'm surprised on how well his moveable jaw turned out, it's my first hand-made articulation:
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

https://instagram.com/p/BTNQvuSBA5-/

For sale!

Added in 1 minute 7 seconds:
Destorogoji wrote:Does anyone knows if there's a Gamera 3 custom using SHMA Gamera?

Added in 22 hours 5 minutes 26 seconds:
My Gyaos custom is finished! I'm surprised on how well his moveable jaw turned out, it's my first hand-made articulation:
https://scontent.ftlc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=598327D6
Check out Kaiju body and paint on instagram for that gamera custom!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Holy -

A+ dude. I'm really fond of that D-Compose. If you don't mind asking, how much of him was custom sculpt?

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Holy -

A+ dude. I'm really fond of that D-Compose. If you don't mind asking, how much of him was custom sculpt?
thanks mate, and there are no sculpted parts on him
your source of self destruction

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Whoops! Wrong thread!! haha!

Sorry! Delete this comment! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Not a custom figure, but custom effects for a figure. Beams for the Neca Shin: Image Image Image

Added in 21 hours 40 minutes 27 seconds:
Made a custom base to hold the custom beam of my custom SpaceGodzilla Image

Added in 23 hours 28 minutes 41 seconds:
Re: Custom Godzilla Figures
SpaceG92 wrote: I'm currently seeing up plans to extensively modify a NECA Godzilla 1994. I plan on dedicating a few days to working on this with the help of my uncle (another set of hands and power tools!) and hopefully I can knock this all out within the 2-3 days I have over there. If all goes according to plan and we have 8 hours a day work time, I shouldn't see why I couldn't. Especially with the time consuming paint phase which can easily take 2-3 days to fully dry each layer. I currently run Vallejo paints and an airbrush. So atomized paint should fully dry within a few seconds.

If it's going slower then expected, I'll post WIP pictures. If it's going on par, expect the final product once I return. Hopefully all that money doesn't go to waste. At least HobbyLobby has a 40% coupon, that'll save me a bundle on the resin.
So. What ever happened to this? I'm interested in what you where doing

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzilla1541 wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote: I'm currently seeing up plans to extensively modify a NECA Godzilla 1994. I plan on dedicating a few days to working on this with the help of my uncle (another set of hands and power tools!) and hopefully I can knock this all out within the 2-3 days I have over there. If all goes according to plan and we have 8 hours a day work time, I shouldn't see why I couldn't. Especially with the time consuming paint phase which can easily take 2-3 days to fully dry each layer. I currently run Vallejo paints and an airbrush. So atomized paint should fully dry within a few seconds.

If it's going slower then expected, I'll post WIP pictures. If it's going on par, expect the final product once I return. Hopefully all that money doesn't go to waste. At least HobbyLobby has a 40% coupon, that'll save me a bundle on the resin.
So. What ever happened to this? I'm interested in what you where doing
Got laid off and couldn't pursue the project further.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by SpaceG92 »

Zion's Sinister Shin custom is coming along.
Credit zion@DeviantArt

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

That looks awesome!
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by master_of_monsters »

SpaceG92 wrote:Zion's Sinister Shin custom is coming along.
http://orig11.deviantart.net/9491/f/201 ... b8wobr.jpg
Credit zion@DeviantArt

I wish he looked more like that
your source of self destruction

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

So does anyone have experience with adding joints to bandai vinyls? I want to customize my Bandai Creations Rainbow Mothra by adding hinge joint to the wings. Anyone know how/what to use for this?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzilla1541 wrote:So does anyone have experience with adding joints to bandai vinyls? I want to customize my Bandai Creations Rainbow Mothra by adding hinge joint to the wings. Anyone know how/what to use for this?
Not easy to pull off and you run the risk of damaging or warping the figure beyond repair. You can recast the part, or you can use an expanding foam (or resin) to fill the empty cavity and you hollow accordingly. Resin can cure hot and completely fuck up super soft vinyl and so can expanding foam. Then you have to use a dremil tool and carve out the joints (use FiguArts, Revoltech, MA and other articulated figures for reference. Simpler the better or whatever works with joints.) but its mostly trial and error getting everything proper. Check figure realm's custom page. Sure they have a tutorial on adding joints to hard plastic.

I recommend NOT going into this level of work until you have ample funds to buy the materials and to buy several replacements.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

godzilla1541 wrote:So does anyone have experience with adding joints to bandai vinyls? I want to customize my Bandai Creations Rainbow Mothra by adding hinge joint to the wings. Anyone know how/what to use for this?
http://www.homedepot.com/b/Hardware-Doo ... max&NCNI-5

Door Hinges. Put one half inside the figure, the other half inside the wing. Reattach wings. BAM!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

that door hinge thing sounds perfect, but there's no size that fit the figure.

Anyway I actually was able to get joints on the wings. I used some Lego Hero factory joints and glued one short ball joint in each wing. Then I glued a piece in the body to hold the joints. Finally I filled in the gaps in the body and wings with hot glue in my opinion it came out great.
PicsImage Image Image Image
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

godzilla1541 wrote:that door hinge thing sounds perfect, but there's no size that fit the figure.

Anyway I actually was able to get joints on the wings. I used some Lego Hero factory joints and glued one short ball joint in each wing. Then I glued a piece in the body to hold the joints. Finally I filled in the gaps in the body and wings with hot glue in my opinion it came out great. Picks.
That looks awesome! Good job!

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

That is a great job, best think I've seen you do so far!

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Monster Zero wrote: That looks awesome! Good job!
TheRadness wrote:That is a great job, best think I've seen you do so far!

Thanks Guys!

Added in 14 hours 30 minutes 58 seconds:
gave my Mothra a head joint by using that broken Neca Godzilla neck joint I have. Image

Also repainted my custom SpaceGodzilla Image

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

godzilla1541, I love what you've done with your Mothra.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .