Custom Action Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Re: Custom Action Figures Thread

Post by Grunkle Sans »

godzilla1541 wrote:So I lied about the 84 being my next custom. Custom Bandai Japan MechaGodzilla 75, basically the SHMA but with more range in the joints. It only lacks neck, feet articulation and an crunch

Looks good, but you cut up such a rare figure!
:gigan:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Those last 2 posts are actually pretty good. While part of me is screeching @G41 cutting up a MG75, I doubt he has the cash to recast the figure and properly articulate it :P However, props to him, he did a good job and in my opinion did not trash the sculpt.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

SpaceG92 wrote:Those last 2 posts are actually pretty good. While part of me is screeching @G41 cutting up a MG75, I doubt he has the cash to recast the figure and properly articulate it :P However, props to him, he did a good job and in my opinion did not trash the sculpt.
Haha. Thanks man. I’ve been getting a lot of comments on instagram about cutting up an MG75 , hell i was really hesitant on doing it myself as I didn’t want to fuck up the figure. I managed to pull off what I wanted to tho.
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

So, I tried removing the top jaw of my SHMA Shin Godzilla, because I was curious to see how easy it would be to do if I got the awakening version, and... the joint broke.

I've already gotten another SHMA Shin, so I was wondering; does anyone have any suggestions on how I can customise my broken Shin? I can glue the head back on, but I feel it's redundant to have two mostly identical SHMA Shins on my shelves - especially given that the new one has much better paint apps and QC. And I doubt I could sell the thing, given that there are plenty of non-broken Shins on the market.

The obvious option is an atomic breath version, but I think I would be better off just buying the awakening variant for that.

Added in 2 hours 41 minutes 2 seconds:
Decided to go with a paintscheme based on some concept art of Godzilla with green atomic energy coursing through his body.
Last edited by Cybermat47 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

New customs : Neca 2014 .

.Neca 1954

Added in 6 days 14 hours 50 minutes 54 seconds:
So I was able to get the Neca 84 for cheap on eBay and when it came I was looking the figure over and said “Fuck it I’m not gonna get the bootleg Bandai, I’m just gonna do the custom right now.” And then I did.
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Heres a peek at my progress for gappa

https://sta.sh/0ebyk898pqi

Added in 3 days 7 hours 9 minutes 22 seconds:
https://sta.sh/014pbjfjs9xe gappa update
your source of self destruction

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:Well I decided to cut up my GMK Ghidorah custom even more. I think I might have the first articulated GMK Ghidorah now. pg[/img]
You are definitely making some progress. But if you REALLY want to impress me, I want to see you do jaw articulation for each head.
Here you go Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

godzilla1541 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:Well I decided to cut up my GMK Ghidorah custom even more. I think I might have the first articulated GMK Ghidorah now. pg[/img]
You are definitely making some progress. But if you REALLY want to impress me, I want to see you do jaw articulation for each head.
Here you go
Color me impressed. Good work, dude.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Just found a huge and awesome custom Maga Maga Arch Belial figure:

https://twitter.com/kaijuotoko/status/9 ... 8009667584

Size DOES matter!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

F#$% that's impressive. Props to the guy - he actually made the sculpted pieces match the same style of the figure.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

master_of_monsters wrote:Heres a peek at my progress for gappa

https://sta.sh/0ebyk898pqi

Added in 3 days 7 hours 9 minutes 22 seconds:
https://sta.sh/014pbjfjs9xe gappa update
Dude, I'm loving what you're doing. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

A Japanese user on Twitter repainted and slightly retooled their Movie Monster Series Biollante...

Incredible.
https://twitter.com/sarutajira/status/9 ... 1469501440
https://twitter.com/sarutajira/status/9 ... 2572747777
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

HOLY...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Your constant dicing and slicing of innocent vinyls pains my soul.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

A lot of the joints look so sloppy. There’s hot glue everywhere and the vinyl flakes aren’t sanded, making it look extremely poor.

I feel like you rush through most of these customs and that they’d benefit from a lot of patience.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I also feel like you'll regret ALL of this when you're older. I know that sounds so condescending but I don't mean it that way. Repainting a duplicate figure is one thing, but completely cutting up a figure that's not exactly on the cheap just for the sake of articulation is something I genuinely think you'll wish you didn't do in like 10 years.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

UltramanGoji wrote:A lot of the joints look so sloppy. There’s hot glue everywhere and the vinyl flakes aren’t sanded, making it look extremely poor.

I feel like you rush through most of these customs and that they’d benefit from a lot of patience.
I have actually been talking my time on this one. Everything gets cleaned up after the joints are in place, and some of the joints have been changed since that photo was taken. After I’m done attaching the articulation I do cosmetic changes. IE cleaning up hot glue strands, and making sure everything looks like it should, then I repaint it.

Added in 6 minutes 19 seconds:
Maritonic wrote:I also feel like you'll regret ALL of this when you're older. I know that sounds so condescending but I don't mean it that way. Repainting a duplicate figure is one thing, but completely cutting up a figure that's not exactly on the cheap just for the sake of articulation is something I genuinely think you'll wish you didn't do in like 10 years.
I’ve mostly customized figures of monsters that don’t have articulated figures yet. I’d say MG75 is the only one I will probably regret, and every other figure I have customized is currently readily available in amazon for under $30

Added in 4 minutes 51 seconds:
Speaking of My MG75. I recently repainted it Image
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

now that's how you do vinyl
your source of self destruction

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Maritonic wrote:I also feel like you'll regret ALL of this when you're older. I know that sounds so condescending but I don't mean it that way. Repainting a duplicate figure is one thing, but completely cutting up a figure that's not exactly on the cheap just for the sake of articulation is something I genuinely think you'll wish you didn't do in like 10 years.
Except 2004 is like 20 bucks