Game continuity: Atari/Pipeworks Games

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Game continuity: Atari/Pipeworks Games

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I must wonder if the 3 Atari Godzilla games can or were intended to fit into the continuity of the films. Now I know that the 3 are each related to each-other, but can they fit into the film series in anyway? Personally, I think they can go fairly well with the Heisei series, or maybe ''Godzilla 2000''. What do you guys think?
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Game continuity

Post by JVM »

Nada. The bios for each game didn't even intersplice between each other, much less with the movies. Besides, why would anyone care about continuity in these games?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

Considering the games feature monsters from every film continuity and place all the monsters at the same size (instead of, say, Mechagodzilla II being twice as tall as Kiryu) and that size appears much larger than any of the movies ever show, I think it's safe to say we've got a new continuity here. And the fact that there's more than one Godzilla running around just makes things ever more confusing.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

It's a licensed video game - if you're really looking for continuity, lolol
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Tyler wrote:
JVM wrote:It's a licensed video game - if you're really looking for continuity, lolol
Batman: Arkham Asylum/City

Transformers: War for/Fall of Cybertron
Batman's an exception to every rule.

Don't know shit about Transformers though, so enlighten me on that one.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

If there are multiple incarnations of various monsters (such as Godzilla), then I doubt it will follow any continuity.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

I'm okay with there being no real continuity for this game. I would love for this to almost be like the Godzilla equivalent to Smash Bros. Brawl: a game that celebrates the history of the franchise(s) it is based on. Unlockable character trophies with a little info about the subject of the trophy would be killer.
Haters gonna hate

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Since people keep asking, Imma base this on what was said in the bios for STE and GU:

1944: Godzillasaurus is mutated into Godzilla (G90s' DAMM and STE bios)
1954: ...DUHHH
1965: Events of Frankenstein vs. Baragon (Baragon's STE Bio)
1974: Events of Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla (MG2's bio in DAMM and STE, MG's bio in GU)
1991: Events of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (KG and MKG's STE Bios)
1999: Events of DAM (Baragon's STE Bio)
2000: Events of Godzilla 2000*
2002: Events of DAMM (Presuming Year of Release based on STE.)
2004: Events of STE (GU Bios place it in 2004.)
2024/2034: Events of GU; births of Biollante, Obsidius, and Krystalak

A lot of the bios only included the monster origins; relatively few established timeframes, i.e. Anguirus' presence in GRA, GvG, etc. is not mentioned directly.

* STE seemed to treat G2K as a different continuity, but GU seemed to treat it was part of them.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JVM wrote:
Tyler wrote:
JVM wrote:It's a licensed video game - if you're really looking for continuity, lolol
Batman: Arkham Asylum/City

Transformers: War for/Fall of Cybertron
Batman's an exception to every rule.

Don't know shit about Transformers though, so enlighten me on that one.
The new TF games are in the same continuity as the recent TV show, Transformers Prime.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote:
JVM wrote:Batman's an exception to every rule.
Rule 34 may beg to differ
So you admit to viewing Rule 34?

Intresting...
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Re: Game continuity: Atari/Pipeworks Games

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

So you had a ridiculous thread about how the ATARI GAMES can fit in with the films, yet, when I made a topic about how the film series can be organized into different timelines and universes, you troll that?
Hypocrite much?

Anyway, on topic, the Atari games pretty much made their own rich Universe and story.

None of the Toho films might've even happened in their universe. All the Alien monsters stem from the Vortaxx. Most of the monsters have the same basic backstory to their mythos. This is a world where two or more Godzillas coexist. Despite the slight difference in style and design of cities in each game, they made a pretty nice consistent mythology and also homaging all the Godzilla eras with these games.

Pretty awesome world.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Re: Game continuity: Atari/Pipeworks Games

Post by Mr. Strange »

MaxRebo320 wrote:I must wonder if the 3 Atari Godzilla games can or were intended to fit into the continuity of the films. Now I know that the 3 are each related to each-other, but can they fit into the film series in anyway? Personally, I think they can go fairly well with the Heisei series, or maybe ''Godzilla 2000''. What do you guys think?
All three games were intended to fit into their own continuity.

They were never intended to fit into the film continuity.