GOOD Godzilla-related games?

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Re: GOOD Godzilla-related games?

Post by g2vd »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, one feel for Godzilla is, he shouldn't jump like he's on the fucking moon every time you jump.
Considering the Godzilla series has had Godzilla Clap, Dance, Fly, Tail Slide, Swim Through The Mantle, Survive Living In A Volcano, Survive Swimming Through The Mantle, Jumping Several Hundred Feet In Megagurius. Moon Jumping is actually the "most" "Grounded" feat in the unrealistic feats list and it's all for gameplay mechanics how else would you implement a Jump Attack?

And if that's the only real criticism that you can offer I say it's a pretty great series.
LamangoKaijura wrote:Hell, Jumping alone is pretty stupid for the 2000 Godzilla they claim is in the game.
Godzilla

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, one feel for Godzilla is, he shouldn't jump like he's on the skreeonking moon every time you jump. Hell, Jumping alone is pretty stupid for the 2000 Godzilla they claim is in the game.
Well, we're talking about the same creature who flew, did a flying kick, and (since we're talking about Godzilla 2000) did a body slam.
Yes, let's combine Showa with the G2K goji. :roll: Godzilla never bounced like he was in a bounce castle. Like he's capable of in game.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, one feel for Godzilla is, he shouldn't jump like he's on the skreeonking moon every time you jump. Hell, Jumping alone is pretty stupid for the 2000 Godzilla they claim is in the game.
Well, we're talking about the same creature who flew, did a flying kick, and (since we're talking about Godzilla 2000) did a body slam.
Yes, let's combine Showa with the G2K goji. :roll: Godzilla never bounced like he was in a bounce castle. Like he's capable of in game.

Godzilla

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yes. He never fucking BOUNCED. LIKE. HE. WAS. IN. A. BOUNCE. CASTLE. IN. ZERO. GRAVITY. He flew up in the air and landed pretty damn hard on Megaguirus. Jesus christ. ALL PRAISE PIPEWORKS, THEY CAN DO NO WRONG
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Yes. He never skreeonking BOUNCED. LIKE. HE. WAS. IN. A. BOUNCE. CASTLE. IN. ZERO. GRAVITY. He flew up in the air and landed pretty damn hard on Megaguirus. Jesus christ. ALL PRAISE PIPEWORKS, THEY CAN DO NO WRONG
It's a video game. It's not supposed to be 100% realistic. If you want a Godzilla game that is failful to the series, play the PS4 game that everyone (except a small group including me) hates.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Yes. He never skreeonking BOUNCED. LIKE. HE. WAS. IN. A. BOUNCE. CASTLE. IN. ZERO. GRAVITY. He flew up in the air and landed pretty damn hard on Megaguirus. Jesus christ. ALL PRAISE PIPEWORKS, THEY CAN DO NO WRONG
It's a video game. It's not supposed to be 100% realistic. If you want a Godzilla game that is failful to the series, play the PS4 game that everyone (except a small group including me) hates.
All recent Godzilla games have been nothing but utter shite.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Yes. He never fucking BOUNCED. LIKE. HE. WAS. IN. A. BOUNCE. CASTLE. IN. ZERO. GRAVITY.
I never recall Godzilla in the first two floating like he was in Zero Gravity he jumped up real fast and than fell down real fast. I will agree that in G:U the jumps were pretty floaty but not to the point you are hyperboling them to be, they were definitely floatly but not that floatly and that is G:U and that game does have a lot of problems.
LamangoKaijura wrote:He flew up in the air and landed pretty damn hard on Megaguirus.
So what you are telling me is Jumping up several hundred feet in the air is fine, but jumping up like a third of that height but slightly slower is bad?
LamangoKaijura wrote:ALL PRAISE PIPEWORKS, THEY CAN DO NO WRONG
The only criticism you can come up with is simply the questionable jump speed in one particular title and putting it over the entire game series for some reason. all I'm asking is for you to post actual criticism and not a nitpick.
Godzilla

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Oh, the glitches, the terrible plots, the shit graphics, the fact they skipped debug mode over the Wii version so Sony fans could get it, the multiple crashes, the sound glitches, the terrible physics not just the jumps...

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

LamangoKaijura wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:
(*in your opinion) Might I ask what would you want in a Godzilla game?
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote: It's a video game. It's not supposed to be 100% realistic. If you want a Godzilla game that is failful to the series, play the PS4 game that everyone (except a small group including me) hates.
Something not utter shit.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

LamangoKaijura wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: All recent Godzilla games have been nothing but utter shite.
Something not utter shit.
Hmm... I like it.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

LamangoKaijura wrote:the terrible plots
DAM:M: was intentionally corny because it was a light hearted jab at stuff I already said it makes it painfully clear it's joking painfully clear.

STE: There really is no storyline other than the Vortakk invading to get G:Cells, pretty much on par with the original Mortal Kombat's storyline. (Case in point there being nothing)
LamangoKaijura wrote:the shit graphics
Both of the original titles had great graphics for their time they were bright and slightly cartoonish (More so for STE) and they still hold up fairly well now a days. and for the Wii the graphics were pretty awesome and again these were made about A Decade Ago so the fact they still look that good is pretty good I must say, I'm sorry they don't look as good as the new FarCry 4 but that's probably because they were made a decade ago.
LamangoKaijura wrote:the multiple crashes
G:U. and I rarely experienced crashes.
LamangoKaijura wrote: the sound glitches
Never experienced those Now I've experienced tons of glitches in G: U but that's a different story.
LamangoKaijura wrote:the terrible physics not just the jumps...
...You realize that's part of the light hearted campy tone, yes? Godzilla flipping a monster like Pancake has "bad" physics by default.
Godzilla

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yes, cause not only can Godzilla jump like he's in zero g's, but Mothra's Larvae as well!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Yes, cause not only can Godzilla jump like he's in zero g's, but Mothra's Larvae as well!
Lamango. If the only critiques you can give it are "Shite", "Garbage Fire", and "DA Jumps" than I'm done discussing it with you.
Godzilla

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

g2vd wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Yes, cause not only can Godzilla jump like he's in zero g's, but Mothra's Larvae as well!
Lamango. If the only critiques you can give it are "Shite", "Garbage Fire", and "DA Jumps" than I'm done discussing it with you.
Stop defending a shit series.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
g2vd wrote:
...You are totally messing with us aren't you?
Godzilla

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

g2vd wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
g2vd wrote: Lamango. If the only critiques you can give it are "Shite", "Garbage Fire", and "DA Jumps" than I'm done discussing it with you.
I'm 95% sure he is.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
g2vd wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Stop defending a shit series.
I'm 95% sure he is.

Stop It!
Godzilla

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yes, I secretly hang GFW disc and G:U disc off my nipples and type ill about them just so I get a raging boner.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

LamangoKaijura wrote:Yes, I secretly hang GFW disc and G:U disc off my nipples and type ill about them just so I get a raging boner.
... I knew it. :lol:
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)