ゴジラ wrote:Goji wrote:No, not really.
-"It looks modern"-No, it just looks more like a real lobster.
-"It looks more ready for battle"-HOW, exactly? They both look perfectly capable, and the former we actually *saw* battle Godzilla.
-"It looks like something that can walk on land (probably because we saw it happen. Derp). and fight on land"-How does the Showa Ebirah not look capable of either of these things? I'd love to know.
"I couldn't really see the incarnation as a playable monster"-Why? Because of your personal preference? Yeah, that sounds about right.
"For some reason, I find that version playable rather odd"-You even said, for some reason, meaning that you don't even really know why you wouldn't like it.
1. It looks like a modern update of that character, which despite looking like a Giant Lobster (Then again most people (non-fans) would think the same when looking at Showa Ebirah) it is from Toho, that's how I feel, that's about it.
2. The Showa Version doesn't look like as capable as the Final War version since it lacks the hard shell appearance that the FW version has. The FW looks more armored up, thus why I said that.
3. Why I don't see Showa Ebirah not look capable of it? Because it was never displayed during its debut film. Showa Ebirah was only shown fighting in the water, and the design didn't really sell that it could walk on land. It doesn't look like it could fight on land since it mostly relied on sneak attacks by hiding itself underwater and surprising its opponent. Something I doubt it could do on land properly or at all.
4. No not really, I couldn't see it playable because of the creature's design, and it only looks like something that can only fight within the water.
5. I meant to put (For some other reasons) there, typo on my part. I had another reason but I submitted my post before completely spreading the thought out.
But there you go.
2. I call bullshit on this one pure bullshit. What about Showa Ebirah made him look soft exactly? Did you not see the part where FW Ebirah got his ass handed to him by mutants? If his shell was harder it obviously didn't help him much.
3. That's most likely because it wasn't practical for them to use the suit on land as it would take too much time and money to hire all the workers who'd have to control the legs and tail and maybe even at some points the claws. Ever notice how in Final Wars you never see his whole body when he was fighting the mutants probably for similar reasons.
On a side note I don't get why people are being so obsessed about realism in a game that's about giant radioactive monsters if we want it to be super realistic then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be about giant monsters at all.