New kaiju game from Matt Frank + Simon Strange [Archive]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Re: (Possible) new kaiju game from Matt Frank and Simon Stra

Post by Mr. Strange »

jdude1996 wrote:so mr strange, when the contributers give in 500$ to get original monsters in the game, the other contributers will vote on which of the monsters they decide they want in?
Depending on which monsters we get the license for, and which original monsters are submitted, we'll create a list.

All contributors will vote on the order in which we implement the monsters on that list.

Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Post by Oasis_S »

I don't quite remember what was said about the possibility of a console release, but I assume it would be very, very late. After a few different PC releases, right? Which themselves would probably take a while. If it WAS released on consoles that late though... Would the release include all the monsters included on the PC releases up to that point? Would the licenses have ended by then?

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Oasis_S wrote:I don't quite remember what was said about the possibility of a console release, but I assume it would be very, very late. After a few different PC releases, right? Which themselves would probably take a while. If it WAS released on consoles that late though... Would the release include all the monsters included on the PC releases up to that point? Would the licenses have ended by then?
This requires some complex speculation, so I'd rather not make a public guess at this time. Things change frequently.

Supergeon
Samurai

Post by Supergeon »

If you had to put a % of certainty on the chance Toho will grant you the license what would it be, and what are the politics behind it (Chris or Simon).

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Supergeon wrote:If you had to put a % of certainty on the chance Toho will grant you the license what would it be, and what are the politics behind it (Chris or Simon).
This requires some complex speculation, so I'd rather not make a public guess at this time. Things change frequently.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Tormentor wrote:
Come on now, gotta show respect for an artist's vision and artwork.
Well, that's like, only your opinion, man.
Calling it "horrible" is so bland, and I know you already know this lol.
Calling it horrible is "bland"? I'm afraid that doesn't make a lot of sense. Let me reiterate, I think the interpreation sucks. It looks like a Trendmasters version of Kamoeboas, which is not a compliment.
The pic is just a example, it has its own merits and markings that make it unique on its own as a design for the character.
I guess.. but it still barely resembles the character. Sorry, but I think it sucks. :)

The Uchusen art is the best possible example anyone could post, outside of a pic of the actual suit. Now that's what he should look like, in-game, if he's even considered. Honestly, there are a chunk of Godzilla monsters that need to make it into this game before anybody from SPACE AMOEBA (as much as I'd personally like to see Gezora)
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

Man, I loved the damage numbers in G:StE I love how you can see just how much a attack takes. I'm hoping that they will have the damage numbers back in this new game.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Simon:

Do you think you can give me some complex speculation? And, while you're at it, how about a public guess? Finally, how frequently would you say things change?
bleep bloop

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Hahaha, awesome. I actually think a giant Matango would be a super cool "original" Toho monster, but maybe with a different rage attack.
Haters gonna hate

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Legionmaster wrote:Simon:

Do you think you can give me some complex speculation? And, while you're at it, how about a public guess? Finally, how frequently would you say things change?
Yes, No, Very. (But I may feel differently at 2pm today)

moarbagelfour
Ronin

Re: (Possible) Matt Frank & Simon Strange Monster's Tally/Vo

Post by moarbagelfour »

Anguirus (Showa/ Millenium hybrid)
Baragon (GMK)
Barugon
Biollante
Clover
Daimajin
Destroyah
Ebirah (Millenium)
Evangelion unit 01
Gabara
Gamera (1999)
Gigan (Final Wars)
Godzilla (1974)
Godzilla (90's)
Godzilla (GMK only less fat)
Gorosaurus
Guiron
Gyaos (Hyper Gyaos)
Hedorah (Showa)
Irys
Jet Jaguar
Jiger
Kamacuruas (GFW)
King Caesar
King Ghidorah (Heisei)
King Kong (Peter Jackson)(only scaled to size)(obviously)
Kumonga
Legion
Manda
M.O.G.U.E.R.A.
Mecha-Godzilla (Showa)
Mecha-Godzilla (Heisei)
Mecha-Godzilla (Kiryu)
Mecha-King Ghidorah (He would would like the King Ghidorah that's in the game only with mechanical parts)
Megaguirus
Megalon
Monster X
Mothra (Final wars) (after 50% of health remaining, would automatically transform into adult
Orga
Rodan (Fire Rodan)
Sanda
Space Godzilla
Titanosaurus
Ultraman
Utsuno Ikusagami
Varan
Zedus
Zigra
Zilla

This line up would bring buoyancy to my vessel.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

moarbagelfour wrote: Clover
Daimajin
Destroyah
Evangelion unit 01
King Kong (Peter Jackson)(only scaled to size)(obviously)
You were kidding with these choices, right? Because you must realize they aren't going to happen.

If Toho doesn't approve the game, next on the list is trying for the Gamera license. Daimajin is also owned by Kadokawa, but that would be a whole nother license to pay for just for ONE character. Not gonna happen.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The Heisei MG should most definitely be Super Mechagodzilla. His rage attack could be some kind of "all-out assault" type of thing.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

^Have to agree. I can understand Ultraman, Gamera heisei monsters, Bagan, Orochi, and some popular others but lets keep with the main list. I must admit though Clover might not be a bad idea....
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Goji wrote:The Heisei MG should most definitely be Super Mechagodzilla. His rage attack could be some kind of "all-out assault" type of thing.
I'm not sure about an All Out Attack, but I'd defiantly want to see the G-Crusher used if SMG is used.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Goji wrote:The Heisei MG should most definitely be Super Mechagodzilla. His rage attack could be some kind of "all-out assault" type of thing.
I'm not sure about an All Out Attack, but I'd defiantly want to see the G-Crusher used if SMG is used.
Maybe the G-Crusher could be his rage attack, while the "all out attack" (where he unleashes all of his lasers, including Garuda's) could be a move that requires a lot of super meter to use (Think Destoroyah's Oxygen Destroyer attack from G:U for Wii, which was his rage attack in G:STE). He should also be able to use the Plasma Grenade, which could work similarly to Kiryu's Absolute Zero Cannon.

It might be overkill to have the "all out attack" on top of already having the G-C and PG, but there needs to be a way to use all of his weapons (including Garuda's) without having it be unbalanced. By requiring it to use a lot of meter, the ability to spam beam attacks will be greatly nullified. Careful meter management will be required to play U.N MG at his full potential (much like my favorite STE character, Jet Jaguar).

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

And for christ sake, give him the Mega-Buster instead of eye lasers. I'd like the weapon he uses frequently more than the one he only used once.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Goji wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Maybe the G-Crusher could be his rage attack, while the "all out attack" (where he unleashes all of his lasers, including Garuda's) could be a move that requires a lot of super meter to use (Think Destoroyah's Oxygen Destroyer attack from G:U for Wii, which was his rage attack in G:STE). He should also be able to use the Plasma Grenade, which could work similarly to Kiryu's Absolute Zero Cannon.

It might be overkill to have the "all out attack" on top of already having the G-C and PG, but there needs to be a way to use all of his weapons (including Garuda's) without having it be unbalanced. By requiring it to use a lot of meter, the ability to spam beam attacks will be greatly nullified. Careful meter management will be required to play U.N MG at his full potential (much like my favorite STE character, Jet Jaguar).
I like your idea for the All Out Assault. Maybe the PG could be used like MOGUERA's chest laser in STE. If I remember correctly if you block an energy weapon it charges up the chest laser.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

Mr. Strange wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:Simon:

Yes, No, Very. (But I may feel differently at 2pm today)
m eyebrow raised a bit when I read in the other thread about the possibility of some kind of structured, iterative release where we get the Toho licenses in game 1, Universal in game 2, Daiei in game 3, etc. I don't know much about IP law and so forth, but is this really feasible? Let's say Toho agrees to a license and that they're ready to go forward...would you then have to tell Daiei that, in addition to procuring a license from them, they'd also have to be agreeable to commingling their monsters with Toho's? I'd imagine at some point that discussion would take place...but what happens if you approach company X for a license, but they refuse on the grounds that they don't want their IPs to be in contact with company Y's IPs?