New kaiju game from Matt Frank + Simon Strange [Archive]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: (Possible) new kaiju game from Matt Frank and Simon Stra

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Really? I'm hoping to film a huge battle in LA with photo realistic quality King Ghidorah, Godzilla, Mecha Godzilla 74/75. Of course, if we get the license and I'm fairly confident we will.
Which Ghiddy and Goji? Anyways that sounds pretty boss!
Story cut scenes will be with artwork though.
What do you mean? Like how they were in G:U?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Post by Oasis_S »

hammysammy59 wrote:
Oasis_S wrote:Wouldn't Ebirah be sort of like Kamacuras and Kumonga combined? I'd say he should have priority over them. Not to mention we have a few bugs already, so a crustacean monster might be a bit more FRESH. ...I wish there was an emoticon for the kind of face I want to make.
Gotta disagree here. While I'd love to see Ebirah in the game at some point, I think Kumonga would make for the most interesting addition out of the three you mention, both visually and from a gameplay point of view. Kumonga is huge in diameter, colorful, eight-legged, very low to the ground, has cool powers, and is a powerful villain in Son of Godzilla, not to mention her hilarious cameo in Final Wars.

Now that I think about it, Kumonga's easily in my top 5 most wanted "new" monsters, right up there with Hedorah, Gargantua(s) and Zilla.
Most of what you mentioned applies to Ebirah just the same. Huge in diameter (Well, okay, not AS huge since his legs aren't quite as long), bright red, eight-legged, very low to the ground, and the main villain of Godzilla vs The Sea Monster. Slap on the front legs of Kamacuras onto Kumonga, and you basically have Ebirah. But when combining the two, you lose the special powers both had. No webbing or camoflauge.

So he's kind of like a two-for-one deal. Not that I'm trying to ...DISCREDIT either of the three. I'd like them all to be in. I'm just saying if we had to PRIORITIZE, then you MAY get the most out of Ebirah.

By the way, instead of Kumonga being swung around by his own web, one of his throws should definitely be of him swinging another monster around by his webbing. There are even spiders that do something similar, so it's not COMPLETELY ridiculous.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Chris55 wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Really? I'm hoping to film a huge battle in LA with photo realistic quality King Ghidorah, Godzilla, Mecha Godzilla 74/75. Of course, if we get the license and I'm fairly confident we will.
Which Ghiddy and Goji? Anyways that sounds pretty boss!
Story cut scenes will be with artwork though.
What do you mean? Like how they were in G:U?
I'd like to do Showa KG. I'm kinda burnt out on the 90's/GMK KG.
YES! YES! This is awesome! :huge:
Oasis_S wrote: So he's kind of like a two-for-one deal. Not that I'm trying to ...DISCREDIT either of the three. I'd like them all to be in. I'm just saying if we had to PRIORITIZE, then you MAY get the most out of Ebirah.
I would be happy with both of them in. I mean, we don't have a lot of insect monsters aside form Mothra, Megaguirus, and maybe Battra (all of which fly). If I had to choose, though, I'd pick Kumonga. He's in my top five list for this game.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Chris55 wrote: I'd like to do Showa KG. I'm kinda burnt out on the 90's/GMK KG.

Story scenes we'd like to do them this way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXNgVlMgvAc

But, with GOOD voice acting etc.
Actually, I think the VERY BEST comic cut-scenes ever were in the game "Ultimate Spider-Man"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6rRhVTJq8g

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

There was a post here, now there isnt, (due to technical stuff) just read the next ones.

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

Assuming cheats return, why not make them unlockable? Perhaps you'd need to complete a certain story mission or do something special in battle to make them available to purchase, then they could be purchased in the game's shop. For example, if you destroy over 30 military units in one fight, you'll reveal a cheat that makes all military units attack a specific monster or team. Then you can buy it for 50,000 points. Win a match without destroying any buildings and you reveal the Indestructible Buildings cheat in the shop. Etc.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Brianzilla2004 wrote:Assuming cheats return, why not make them unlockable? Perhaps you'd need to complete a certain story mission or do something special in battle to make them available to purchase, then they could be purchased in the game's shop. For example, if you destroy over 30 military units in one fight, you'll reveal a cheat that makes all military units attack a specific monster or team. Then you can buy it for 50,000 points. Win a match without destroying any buildings and you reveal the Indestructible Buildings cheat in the shop. Etc.
Because then they'd be features, not cheats. :roll:
bleep bloop

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

I don't really play PC games so I don't know if something like this is possible for a PC version or not, but, what if to save money you didn't spend too much on a music budget which would allow us to build the soundtrack ourselves with our own MP3 collection? That way we could FINALLY have authentic Toho music in a G-game for the first time since....custom soundtracks on the XBox version of God:DAMM?
SAVE_US.GDZ

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

So, if you guys manage to gain permission to use non-Toho kaiju, what kinds will we be expecting to see aside from Gamera monsters?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Oasis_S wrote:By the way, instead of Kumonga being swung around by his own web, one of his throws should definitely be of him swinging another monster around by his webbing. There are even spiders that do something similar, so it's not COMPLETELY ridiculous.
That sounds awesome. AND it makes me want more pronounced reversals/counters: imagine Kumonga is starting to swing you around, you manage to pull off the reversal, planting your feet in the ground, and now you're swinging Kumonga around. I can see how that may not be feasible, but man it would be bad-ass.

On a similar note, if we somehow manage to land King Kong (or just cook up a facsimile) I hope he'll swing monsters around by their tails (or if they don't have tail, their hind legs).
Kiryu2012 wrote:So, if you guys manage to gain permission to use non-Toho kaiju, what kinds will we be expecting to see aside from Gamera monsters?
I've actually been wanting to ask about this too. Can we expect to see a whole pack of original monsters (would Krystalak and Obsidius join these original monsters, or would they be included in a Toho pack)? Harryhausen monsters? Other western creatures? Ultraman and his rogue's gallery? Odds and ends like Pulgasari, Yongarry and Gappa?

I gotta be honest, I'd be almost as excited for a game featuring Gamera monsters as I am a new Godzilla game.
Haters gonna hate

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Kiryu2012 wrote:So, if you guys manage to gain permission to use non-Toho kaiju, what kinds will we be expecting to see aside from Gamera monsters?
This is largely up to the contributors, who will vote on each addition, and how much money we raise to fund monster creation. I'd love to see everything in the Kaiju sphere represented.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Custom soundtracks are pretty easy to do for PC games, all you need to do is replace the in-game music with your custom soundtrack.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Custom soundtracks are pretty easy to do for PC games, all you need to do is replace the in-game music with your custom soundtrack.
or turn the volume all the way down and listen to your ipod! 8-)
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

CatfaceFourtoes
Monarch Researcher

Re: Your Movesets For Monsters In The New Kaiju Game

Post by CatfaceFourtoes »

This is actually an interesting aspect to play with. you have different styles of volcanic eruption, like the kind that shield type volcanoes produce, that is a slow moving flow of burning lava, and then you have the composite volcanic eruption that produce pyroclastic flows, a swift gravity driven avalanch of lava and superheated dust and ash, basically what destroyed Pompei and encased its citizens in burning ash. That would look cool as a move done to an enemy monster that could actually withstand it.
On some levels this monster's nature intersects with Hedorah's. Spawned from environmental conditions that should be unliveable. Maybe it can generate its own smoke or acid attacks, considering that those are well within the scope of volcanic activity.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

zilla103192 wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:Custom soundtracks are pretty easy to do for PC games, all you need to do is replace the in-game music with your custom soundtrack.
or turn the volume all the way down and listen to your ipod! 8-)
Or just turn the music down in the options and listen to your ipod
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

I think this is important, I was playing godzilla unleashed (wii) and looked at titanosaurus's stats, and king ghidorah has the same stats only better! more attack defence, ect, I think kg is overpowered, and I hope that is fixed in the next, unless there is something better about titanosaurus.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

matrix wrote:I think this is important, I was playing godzilla unleashed (wii) and looked at titanosaurus's stats, and king ghidorah has the same stats only better! more attack defence, ect, I think kg is overpowered, and I hope that is fixed in the next, unless there is something better about titanosaurus.
Titanosaurus isn't that great regardless.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

He's my favorite, he gave godzilla some big trouble.

W2daERN
Monarch Researcher

Post by W2daERN »

This brings up something I've been thinking about for a while: Monsters should have different stats in story and multiplayer. I really liked the Godzilla, Anguirus, and Rodan vs. Critical Mass KG fight in GU, but it was way too short. The thing is, if it were a movie, KG would be able to hold his own against all three, but because everything is so balanced in the game, the fight lasts shorter than most because it is 3 on 1, no matter how powerful KG should really be.

The way I see it, not all monsters should logically be balanced, especially if more "lower tier" monsters make it into the game. Should a fight against Kamacuras really be as difficult as a fight against King Ghidorah? No way!

They should still be balanced in multiplayer... or should they? It was pointed out a while ago, I forget by who, that balancing doesn't help at all, actually makes things worse, if the skills of two human players are unbalanced. I think the actual quote was something like when playing against someone who is new to the game, "I could balance that by playing as Minya while he picks King Ghidorah."

What would be really cool would be some more options for multiplayer, like the ones in GU, but with the ability to apply things to some monsters and not to the others so you could unbalance the fight yourself if you so chose.
My Fan Films:
Godzilla Awakening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_GhDjsPvjY
Godzilla and Anguirus at the beach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiCIKCRxNk
Godzilla Alliance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onZBf8jGfKo

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Uh, Titanosaurs IS great, thank you very much.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.