New kaiju game from Matt Frank + Simon Strange [Archive]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Re: (Possible) new kaiju game from Matt Frank and Simon Stra

Post by hammysammy59 »

I definitely want Gezora in the game. Out of the three Space Amoeba monsters, I think he's the best bet. There's a good case for Kamoebas too. With Ebirah around, I don't see much need for Ganimes.

In addition to the Space Amoeba guys, the other Toho/non-Godzilla monsters I'd love to see are Showa Moguera and Toho Frankenstein and/or Gargantuas. Giving Dogora some kind of cameo would be neat too.
Haters gonna hate

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

Supergeon wrote:@blackout
That's his draw, an extendable neck and hard jagged shell! Like I said he would be very similar to Baragon/anguirus a small scrappy monster. So you would have your shell attacks, claws and kicks then his neck attacks! I will make a move list when I get home!
You have a decent grasp I'll give you that. :D
And blackout, you have to really look at the creature.

(Just a example pic)

Beyond the extending neck attacks, look at the monster's shell, that aspect alone can give ideas for more attacks. Anything ranging from ramming, to shell crushing, to possibly any forms of body slams. Thinking out a moveset might be slightly troublesome, but it can be done. I think I will take a shot at giving this kajiu a moveset as well.

Supergeon
Samurai

Post by Supergeon »

Kamoebas the Megalo-Mata Mata

Move List (StE style)
A - Claw punch
A+Away Double backhand- Kamoebas clasps both claws and executes an imaginary baseball bat swing hitting with both claws.
A+Towards Double scratch- Kamoebas steps forward with right foot and swipes from top right to bottom left, and then follows with opposite claw
A+Down Claw rake- Kamoebas rakes claws from high to low
A+Up Double claw uppercut- Kamoebas performs an uppercut with both claws palm side up starting from the ground

B- Kick
B+Away Dropkick- Kamoebas turns and performs a dropkick (similar to G90's GU grapple)
B+Towards Body lunge- Kamoebas tucks in arms and lunges at the opponent
B+Down Body splash- Kamoebas performs a short jump and performs a body splash
B+Up Mule kick- Kamoebas turns and kicks upwards leaving him facing away

AB+Away/Towards Shell tackle- Kamoebas performs a shoulder tackle using the side of his shell
AB+Up Spinning shell top- Kamoebas performs a short diagonal forward jump while spinning his shell
AB+Down Koopa Spin- Kamoebas tucks in all appendages and spins to sweep (Bowser from smash bros!)

Weapon attack- Extending Headbutt uses a portion of energy bar upon tapping weapon, causes knockdown, takes 1/3 of energy
Special attributes-Like Anguirus, can bite while running

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

Uhh, didnt you put that in the wrong topic?

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Why must there be different energy types? Why can't it just be its own damage type?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Post by Oasis_S »

I kind of get hung up on Gezora sometimes, not being sure if it's considered an actual Godzilla monster or not. It did appear in stock footage in Final Wars after all. Same thing for Gaira.

I guess because it's the only kaiju series I concern myself with, but I would suggest the "official" Godzilla monsters have priority over other Toho monsters. ...Except maybe Minilla. Not that I wouldn't love having him in as a "bad joke" character, lol.

Though Kamoebas is still at the bottom of my "priority list" for Godzilla monsters. Gezora probably WOULD be a better choice than him since there isn't another monster like him. Except maybe the Giant Octopus.

I love making lists.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Why must there be different energy types? Why can't it just be its own damage type?
I'm not understanding this question. You seem to be contradicting yourself with these two statements - if "it" is its own damage type, then clearly there are different energy types...

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Mr. Strange wrote:Ever wonder why Mechagodzilla II was so weak to Alien Energy? Because that was Gigan's beam type, and Gigan's "all-edged" melee attacks had a hard time with Mechagodzilla. Why did Godzilla have a fireball? Because it gave him an alternative method of damage when fighting enemies who resisted Nuclear damage.

Here you talk about different kinds of energy. Why can't energy weapons just be energy weapons? Is there a point to having s bunch of sub-categories?
Last edited by PopInPicsPresents on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

That horrible fan art of Kamoebas looks nothing like the character.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

We definitely need Tokyo SOS Kamoebas. Supergeon, I'm borrowing your moveset format.

Move List (StE style)
A - Be dead.
A+Away Be dead.
A+Towards Be dead.
A+Down Be dead.
A+Up Be dead.

B- Be dead.
B+Away Be dead.
B+Towards Be dead.
B+Down Be dead.
B+Up Be dead.

AB+Away/Towards Be dead.
AB+Up Be dead.
AB+Down Be dead.

Weapon attack- Be dead.
Special attributes-Be dead.

Boom. Unique character that's flavorful and true to the film.
bleep bloop

jdude1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by jdude1996 »

mr strange, so will you guys be making up the original monsters yourselves?

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

jdude1996 wrote:mr strange, so will you guys be making up the original monsters yourselves?
The plan is to use original monsters submitted by contributors.

jdude1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by jdude1996 »

mr strange so the ones that pay the 500$?

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

jdude1996 wrote:mr strange so the ones that pay the 500$?
Yes.

CatfaceFourtoes
Monarch Researcher

Re: Your Movesets For Monsters In The New Kaiju Game

Post by CatfaceFourtoes »

Yeah, that's a good idea, have different Godzilla beams for different effects, one that burns, and one that bludgeons with a lot of force and push-back.
I was trying to think what Gaira and Sanda could do in a game like this, and all that I could think of was UFC type moves. Sanda could throw punches (superman punch?) a head butt to deliver blunt damage while Gaira uses clawing and biting attacks that may lend to close in fighting/grappling or ground and pound, maybe some pro wrestling maneuvers like the football spear/tackle. Things that only humanoid monsters could do well in a fighting setting to make up for lack of energy weapons.

Supergeon
Samurai

Post by Supergeon »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mr. Strange wrote:Ever wonder why Mechagodzilla II was so weak to Alien Energy? Because that was Gigan's beam type, and Gigan's "all-edged" melee attacks had a hard time with Mechagodzilla. Why did Godzilla have a fireball? Because it gave him an alternative method of damage when fighting enemies who resisted Nuclear damage.

Here you talk about different kinds of energy. Why can't energy weapons just be energy weapons? Is there a point to having s bunch of sub-categories?

That is like asking why aren't all pokemon one type. The game is made so that each monster plays differently, Mechagodzilla is made of metal so the thought was claws and teeth (edged attacks) wouldn't have as much effect. So once you start giving monsters different play styles, such as speed, strength, defense you need to have other ways of balancing them (different energy types). If all monsters were vanilla then the series wouldnt have been as much fun.

Jahgee
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jahgee »

Why do the monsters need to be balanced, I don't think we need monsters like Kamoebas for example be as great as Kaizer Ghidorah in single player, for multiplayer we could have rubber banding or make it an option
One of Toho Kingdom's 2 resident NASCAR fans
There was a time where I was Admin

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Supergeon wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:

That is like asking why aren't all pokemon one type. The game is made so that each monster plays differently, Mechagodzilla is made of metal so the thought was claws and teeth (edged attacks) wouldn't have as much effect. So once you start giving monsters different play styles, such as speed, strength, defense you need to have other ways of balancing them (different energy types). If all monsters were vanilla then the series wouldnt have been as much fun.
Well this isn't Pokemon. You don't need different energy types. DAMM was good enough without beam types.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

jdude1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by jdude1996 »

so mr strange, when the contributers give in 500$ to get original monsters in the game, the other contributers will vote on which of the monsters they decide they want in?

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

Goji wrote:That horrible fan art of Kamoebas looks nothing like the character.
Come on now, gotta show respect for an artist's vision and artwork. Calling it "horrible" is so bland, and I know you already know this lol.
The pic is just a example, it has its own merits and markings that make it unique on its own as a design for the character.

But since its so "horrible" then we'll go for a much for a different route :lol:

Mr. Goji, allow me to give you Monster Zero Four -awkward hand xilien movements- :xilien: ....Oh, umm, I ment, Kamoebas. (Uchusen Art)