New kaiju game from Matt Frank + Simon Strange [Archive]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Re: Your Movesets For Monsters In The New Kaiju Game

Post by Tormentor »

Here's Finao Goji's Moveset. (Using Keyboard inputs)

Finao Goji (Godzilla 2004/Final Wars)

Pressing the A key- Light Attacks

Pressing the S key- Heavy Attacks

Pressing the D key - Medium Attacks

Pressing the Q key- Block

Tap C - Weak Projectile/ Hold C - Strong Projectile

Z and X at the same time: Ozaki Mode

Z- Grab

---------------------------------------------------------

A Key - Rapid Claw Attacks (Godzilla rapidly strikes his opponents with his claws, attack can continue slightly by pressing A three times. Close range.)

A Key + Up - Claw Uppercut (Godzilla leans down slightly before sharply turning and crushing his fist upward against the target's jaw, causes knock back to most opponents except for heavier and larger ones. Close range. )

A Key + Left - Arm Swipe: (Godzilla raises his left arm slightly up before slamming it across the opponent's face, causes larger or equal sized targets to stumble back, smaller opponents are knocked back. Mid range)

A Key + Down - Headbutt: (Godzilla rushes forward before headbutting into the opponent's chest. Mid range)

A Key + Right - Lunging Close-Line: (The nuclear titan lunges as he brings out his right arm and heavily close lines the opponent, causing knock-back. Opponents of the same size, or smaller are knocked back. Larger opponents only stumble back slightly. Mid range)

----------------------------------------
S Key - Tail swipe Attacks (Press S and Godzilla will turn slightly and slam his tail against the left side of the target's body heavily, continue to press S and Godzilla will redirect his tail and slam it against the right side of the target's body, casing the opponent to fall over onto the ground. Mid range.)

S key + Up - Upper Tail Sweep: (Godzilla crouches mildly low before turning his body in a 360 degree turn, tail sweeping the opponent across their face. Causes the opponent to fall backward onto the ground. Mid range)

S key + Left - Hammer Claws: (Godzilla makes a quick sharp uppercut with his left hand, before smashing his right hand downward against the victim's skull. This causes monsters to stumble back. Close range)

S key + Right - Overhead Close Line: (Godzilla jumps up mildly high over his target's head before slamming his right arm down against the neck or face the target, causing knock down into the ground. Mid-Large Range.)

S key + Down - Tail Uppercut: (Godzilla lowers himself down, before quickly rising his tail upward, knocking back opponents. Mid range.)
D key - Kick Attacks (Continue to press D to continue kick assault. Close range.)

D key + Up - Knee Crush: (Godzilla makes a sharp leap forward, raising his right knee and striking the opponent in the chest/abdomen. Causes opponent to stumble back. Close range)

D key + Left - Over Head Toss: (Only works whenever a opponent is jumping, in mid-air, or lunging toward you. Godzilla catches the opponent before tossing them over his head. Close range.)

D key + Right - Shoulder Burst: (Godzilla makes a small leap forward, bashing his right shoulder into the opponent's chest, causing the target to stumble back but not knock over. Mid range)

D key + Down - Stomp: (Godzilla raises his foot highly before driving it down and stomping onto the opponent, close range)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Z + A Grapple Attack - Nuclear Beatdown: Godzilla pounces onto his opponent, rapidly punching the victim in the face with both hands before climbing off. (Somewhat like one of Baragon's grapple in STE)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap C - Atomic Ray (Tap projectile button): A quick but fairly weak stream of nuclear energy, costs energy

Hold C - Blazing Atomic Ray: Spiral streaks of nuclear energy form into the King's maw, then a powerful
atomic ray erupts forth. (Must hold projectile button and charge Atomic Ray completely to perform)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Z + X (At the same time) - Ozaki Mode: (For a short time [11 seconds real time], Godzilla will gain a mild power boost, and will be able to use Hyper Spiral Ray but only once. This is a one time use and can only be used when below 40% of health. Once over, the player will have mildly reduced defense stats. [Overall the mode is pretty much like Hyper Mode for Megaguirus but with a few differences.] If Hyper Spiral Ray is used then the mode ends automatically after the attack is finished. If the mode's time runs out before the use of Hyper Spiral Ray then the opportunity is lost.)

Press X- Hyper Spiral Ray (Can only be used during Ozaki Mode, the attack does 35-37% damage).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now most movesets from the pipeworks games have a listing of more than 14 moves (Including abilities and other forms of attacks), the main challenge to me is coming up with at least 10 moves that will make a Godzilla interesting and stand out. Godzilla GFW did some crazy things in its film, so I took the actual things that happened, while coming up with other attacks based on "certain aspects" displayed. For example Godzilla GFW can jump really high, and lunge very far since that's what the film had shown to us, so why not put it to good use? So I decided to involve close-lining attacks and involve it with the lunging and jumping.

Now, the elephant in the room is obviously Ozaki Mode. The film never displayed Godzilla keeping his short power-up after obtaining it. And to make it balanced, why not look at what pipeworks did for Megaguirus for guidance? Make it a mode that increases the monster's abilities, but while only being a one time thing. And since the film displayed Godzilla being greatly powerful, for balance reasons, its best to attach a drawback that will make things fair. A large but understandable decrease in defensive stats. Keep a even fight. Overall the mode is a last resort kind of deal.

Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Post by Oasis_S »

I like that Kamacuras moveset. Only thing I don't like is the B + Toward. Maybe I'm just picturing it wrong.

While this doesn't have anything to do with a moveset, should Kamacuras have his Showa incarnation's head? Or just his jaws, really. Seemed like those jaws made him look more distinct, rather than just a giant praying mantis, but I guess they probably changed that for a reason in his 2004 design.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Tormentor wrote:Here's Finao Goji's Moveset. (Using Keyboard inputs)

Finao Goji (Godzilla 2004/Final Wars)

Pressing the A key- Light Attacks

Pressing the S key- Heavy Attacks

Pressing the D key - Medium Attacks

Pressing the Q key- Block

Tap C - Weak Projectile/ Hold C - Strong Projectile

Z and X at the same time: Ozaki Mode

Z- Grab

---------------------------------------------------------

A Key - Rapid Claw Attacks (Godzilla rapidly strikes his opponents with his claws, attack can continue slightly by pressing A three times. Close range.)

A Key + Up - Claw Uppercut (Godzilla leans down slightly before sharply turning and crushing his fist upward against the target's jaw, causes knock back to most opponents except for heavier and larger ones. Close range. )

A Key + Left - Arm Swipe: (Godzilla raises his left arm slightly up before slamming it across the opponent's face, causes larger or equal sized targets to stumble back, smaller opponents are knocked back. Mid range)

A Key + Down - Headbutt: (Godzilla rushes forward before headbutting into the opponent's chest. Mid range)

A Key + Right - Lunging Close-Line: (The nuclear titan lunges as he brings out his right arm and heavily close lines the opponent, causing knock-back. Opponents of the same size, or smaller are knocked back. Larger opponents only stumble back slightly. Mid range)

S Key - Tail swipe Attacks (Press S and Godzilla will turn slightly and slam his tail against the left side of the target's body heavily, continue to press S and Godzilla will redirect his tail and slam it against the right side of the target's body, casing the opponent to fall over onto the ground. Mid range.)

S key + Up - Upper Tail Sweep: (Godzilla crouches mildly low before turning his body in a 360 degree turn, tail sweeping the opponent across their face. Causes the opponent to fall backward onto the ground. Mid range)

S key + Left - Hammer Claws: (Godzilla makes a quick sharp uppercut with his left hand, before smashing his right hand downward against the victim's skull. This causes monsters to stumble back. Close range)

S key + Right - Overhead Close Line: (Godzilla jumps up mildly high over his target's head before slamming his right arm down against the neck or face the target, causing knock down into the ground. Mid-Large Range.)

S key + Down - Tail Uppercut: (Godzilla lowers himself down, before quickly rising his tail upward, knocking back opponents. Mid range.)
D key - Kick Attacks (Continue to press D to continue kick assault. Close range.)

D key + Up - Knee Crush: (Godzilla makes a sharp leap forward, raising his right knee and striking the opponent in the chest/abdomen. Causes opponent to stumble back. Close range)

D key + Left - Over Head Toss: (Only works whenever a opponent is jumping, in mid-air, or lunging toward you. Godzilla catches the opponent before tossing them over his head. Close range.)

D key + Right - Shoulder Burst: (Godzilla makes a small leap forward, bashing his right shoulder into the opponent's chest, causing the target to stumble back but not knock over. Mid range)

D key + Down - Stomp: (Godzilla raises his foot highly before driving it down and stomping onto the opponent, close range)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Z + A Grapple Attack - Nuclear Beatdown: Godzilla pounces onto his opponent, rapidly punching the victim in the face with both hands before climbing off. (Somewhat like one of Baragon's grapple in STE)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap C - Atomic Ray (Tap projectile button): A quick but fairly weak stream of nuclear energy, costs energy

Hold C - Blazing Atomic Ray: Spiral streaks of nuclear energy form into the King's maw, then a powerful
atomic ray erupts forth. (Must hold projectile button and charge Atomic Ray completely to perform)

Z + X (At the same time) - Ozaki Mode: (For a short time [11 seconds real time], Godzilla will gain a mild power boost, and will be able to use Hyper Spiral Ray but only once. This is a one time use and can only be used when below 40% of health. Once over, the player will have mildly reduced defense stats. [Overall the mode is pretty much like Hyper Mode for Megaguirus but with a few differences.] If Hyper Spiral Ray is used then the mode ends automatically after the attack is finished. If the mode's time runs out before the use of Hyper Spiral Ray then the opportunity is lost.)

Press X- Hyper Spiral Ray (Can only be used during Ozaki Mode, the attack does 35-37% damage).

Now most movesets from the pipeworks games have a listing of more than 14 moves (Including abilities and other forms of attacks), the main challenge to me is coming up with at least 10 moves that will make a Godzilla interesting and stand out. Godzilla GFW did some crazy things in its film, so I took the actual things that happened, while coming up with other attacks based on "certain aspects" displayed. For example Godzilla GFW can jump really high, and lunge very far since that's what the film had shown to us, so why not put it to good use? So I decided to involve close-lining attacks and involve it with the lunging and jumping.

Now, the elephant in the room is obviously Ozaki Mode. The film never displayed Godzilla keeping his short power-up after obtaining it. And to make it balanced, why not look at what pipeworks did for Megaguirus for guidance? Make it a mode that increases the monster's abilities, but while only being a one time thing. And since the film displayed Godzilla being greatly powerful, for balance reasons, its best to attach a drawback that will make things fair. A large but understandable decrease in defensive stats. Keep a even fight. Overall the mode is a last resort kind of deal.
And now, Finao Goji has a playable movest, and I love it. Now who's going to make a moveset for Manda?

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Re: (Possible) new kaiju game from Matt Frank and Simon Stra

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

Mr. Strange wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:I have a question, would it be possible for the bigger kaiju like Godzilla to be able to actually walk through buildings like in the films? Or when a monster like Ghidorah lands from flying to have him just crush the buildings under his feet if there are any?
Sure. The monsters just walked through buildings in all three G games.

Of course, I suspect your question really is "can they just walk through the buildings which, before, were so big that they wouldn't just walk through them?"

Let me ask you - if the buildings offer no resistance, then what is the purpose of having buildings at all? Why not just leave open spaces? It seems like a lot of time and trouble to make buildings which offer no resistance.
I posted about this very subject a while ago. Weird that it's just now picking up...

In my post, I mentioned that buildings COULD offer resistance while allowing you to walk through them. Monsters could push through knee-high buildings, but they'd be very sluggish as they pushed through the structures. The monsters could even have alternate animations as they struggle to swing their mighty legs through these buildings.

As for this whole thing about the monsters being able to do more agile things, I don't see anything wrong with it. I DO agree that Godzilla 90's should be slowed down and turned into more of a tank, and I think that giving monsters varying levels of jumping skills would be a good idea. For example, Godzilla 90's could have a very short, low jump compared to Baragon, Gorosaurus or Zilla. Turning speed might also be an attribute to consider making a variable in a monster's skill set. Destoroyah doesn't seem like he'd be able to spin around as fast as Jet Jaguar.

Also, I just remembered something... the beam mechanics obviously need to not be like they were in GU. I thought they were just a big mess in that game, but making monsters mobile while using beams isn't necessarily a bad idea. While any future games should have beam implementation more akin to GDAMM and GSTE, allowing monsters to walk as they shoot their beams is reasonable. Also, monsters should be able to turn as they're firing their beams. I think that walking and turning speed should be reduced while the monster is firing its weapon, but it should be possible. Sort of a GSTE / GU hybrid-ish system.

Infinity
Monarch Researcher

Post by Infinity »

The only kaiju I recall walking with a continous stream of energy beam would be Kiryu if you look at the movies. The others would usually be still or in flight mode when firing them. Continously firing the beam is probably not a good idea anyway since most kaiju just shoot their beam for a maximum of 2 seconds. The only ones who have exceptionally long beam durations are: Kiryu, GMK godzilla, Shodai Goji, Mire Goji, Biollante, FW Goji. I'am not sure about Baragon since I haven't seen FCTE. This is not counting beam locks ofcourse.

All in all, I think G:STE had it pretty good. Some may not have been represented well (Heisei MG for instance) but it was all adjusted to be balanced and fair. I could avoid them by simply running to the extremes of the screen and I would usually get my opponent to block often as I would threaten them with low powered beam blasts whenever their health was low.

Now what I'am wondering is how many beams the monsters are allowed to have. With Mechagodzilla, there are many, many beams missles and having the option of blasting them all at once would be really cool.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Infinity wrote: Now what I'am wondering is how many beams the monsters are allowed to have. With Mechagodzilla, there are many, many beams missles and having the option of blasting them all at once would be really cool.
I believe MOGUERA in StE ended up with 8 different weapon systems.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Mr. Strange wrote:
Infinity wrote: Now what I'am wondering is how many beams the monsters are allowed to have. With Mechagodzilla, there are many, many beams missles and having the option of blasting them all at once would be really cool.
I believe MOGUERA in StE ended up with 8 different weapon systems.
Exactly. He didn't have a whole lot to offer in the melee department, so a lot of his "fierce attacks" were special weapons. I think if we use heisei Mechagodzilla again, he should operate the same way, only slower and with more armor. (And please, please, please give him a megabuster and shock anchors rather than eye beams and missile fingers!)
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

Wait, are these xbox 360 controls?

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

Okay! :D

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

Hey, what if in story mode, it's a bit like a free rome where you walk around the city and find battles, so it would have a bit of a free rome feel that many have been asking for, but still uses 1 on 1 battles. :D

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

They did? No, im talking about a roam to find the fight and go to the battle, then do the battle, like spider man 3.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

matrix wrote:They did? No, im talking about a roam to find the fight and go to the battle, then do the battle, like spider man 3.
Then it's not a fighting game. And would require MASSIVE maps.
bleep bloop

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

Maps part is true, but I mean find the monsters, then when you get close enough, it starts the normal 1 on 1 battle, this would be only for story mode.

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

Havent played that, but im guessing your right.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Well, about the maps, there could always just be one HUGE map. When selecting a stage you'd like to play versus or melee mode on you could select which portion of the map you'd like to play on. I would't mind a free roam mode, it'd be cool for awhile. Just look at Jaws Unleashed. That's just my two cents.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Well, about the maps, there could always just be one HUGE map. When selecting a stage you'd like to play versus or melee mode on you could select which portion of the map you'd like to play on.
So every map looks almost the same? Yeah...no.
bleep bloop

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Legionmaster wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:Well, about the maps, there could always just be one HUGE map. When selecting a stage you'd like to play versus or melee mode on you could select which portion of the map you'd like to play on.
How would they all look the same? :?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:
How would they all look the same? :?
If they were all just smaller parts of a larger map.
bleep bloop

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

After the godzilla pack gets done maybe a movie monster pack could come out with

-Jaws
-King Kong
-Rhedosaurus

ect.

Speaking of that if we were able to get the kong rights we we be able to get the Rhedosaurs as well?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

I don't think so. Say the map is a gigantic square, GTA style. The top half of the map is "Japan" or a Japan-like country. A Mt. Fuji like area is in the middle, to the right of MT. Fuji is a large city area and to the left is an area like the one where Godzilla fought Ghidorah in '91. Near the center of the map is an ocean like area. Scattered around the ocean are small islands, and near the bottom of the map is a gigantic Monster Island area. There would be a few similar areas but it seems like a fun idea. It'd be nice to explore the map as a kaiju.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae