Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
CheetoKamper
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Postby CheetoKamper » Thu May 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Godzillian wrote:
Mr. Strange wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.

Well, I'm on record about MANY of the problems with G:U, but I don't think "the developers don't care" is a fair assessment.

Hey look - here I am 9 years later giving you a personal response! That's well above 0 care, right?

Why even bother 9 years later? I'm sorry but it just wasn't a good game whether it's reason a, b, or c. There's defending it as a developer which is fine then there is just not letting it go after so many years.

Well hey if I was a developer on a game that ATARI decided to rush into it's release date even though the game wasn't totally ready and people always blamed me and my team for being "lazy" and accuse them of not giving a poop when in fact they did give a poop but weren't able to get things done in the time ATARI allowed them. I mean skreeonk there's complaining about flaws in a game as a fan which is fine then there is not letting it go after so many years. If people are still going to skreeonk about it 9 years later why should he not "defend" himself and his team as well? Especially when they're saying things that are simply not true.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Goji » Fri May 13, 2016 4:54 am

Godzillian wrote: Why even bother 9 years later? I'm sorry but it just wasn't a good game whether it's reason a, b, or c. There's defending it as a developer which is fine then there is just not letting it go after so many years.

You do realize you're replying to the producer of the the game, correct? "Why even bother 9 years later"? Because there's a discussion of the game going on, and he felt like chiming in. Is that okay with you?

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Fri May 13, 2016 6:37 am

Basically it goes like this. There's never any problem at all complaining about a game that's 9 years old, there's absolutely no problem with that at all it seems because everybody does it and nobody minds. but the moment the very first moment Simon comes on to clarify a certain subject this happens. "IT'S BEEN 9 YEARS, LIKE GET OVER IT DUDE!" :dizzy:

Because god forbid he talk about a game he helped make.
Godzilla

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Fri May 13, 2016 6:37 pm

You do realize you're replying to the producer of the the game, correct?

Yes I do realize that and what of it? That doesn't change what I think or said. It's been 9 years the fans will of course discuss this game until the end of time. As a producer though shouldn't it be time to move on? Discussing an old game distracts from the present. Just make a blog post about what really happened behind the scenes and why the game turned out the way it did (in his honest opinion) and be done with it

CheetoKamper
Interpol Agent

Postby CheetoKamper » Fri May 13, 2016 10:26 pm

Godzillian wrote:

Yes I do realize that and what of it? That doesn't change what I think or said. It's been 9 years the fans will of course discuss this game until the end of time. As a producer though shouldn't it be time to move on? Discussing an old game distracts from the present. Just make a blog post about what really happened behind the scenes and why the game turned out the way it did (in his honest opinion) and be done with it

Because he has just as much right to talk about it, in fact he has more right to talk about it than you or any of us since he helped make the damn thing. And he's been interviewed in podcasts and I believe just a normal written interview as well on this site but everyone ignores it and assumes it was laziness when it wasn't the studio rushed them and wouldn't budge on the release date at all knowing full well the game wasn't quite ready. By your logic I suppose Nakajima and Takarada shouldn't talk about the original Godzilla either than huh? Sound logic you're going by :roll: . The fact that he still cares about defending himself and the people who worked on it for months on end from morons who say they didn't give a poop in it's self proves otherwise. If you spend a lot of time making something and someone tells you that you were lazy or didn't give a poop while doing it and you don't defend yourself then yeah you didn't give a poop which isn't the case here no matter how many times people ignorantly say it.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

JVM
E.S.P.Spy

Postby JVM » Sat May 14, 2016 4:37 pm

So many people hate Godzilla: Unleashed as if it killed their parents personally, that sometimes I wonder if it exists purely for my enjoyment and pleasure.

Discussing an old game distracts from the present.

Look in a mirror.

I should also note this entire board exists almost solely to discuss movies that are almost all older than Godzilla: Unleashed, save one.
I don't think I saw the same movies as the rest of you.
I'll always miss Vega.

Anguirus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Anguirus » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:49 pm

I love this game, I just brought it out again over the weekend to play! I love the monster variety!

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Goji » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:44 am

Godzillian wrote:

This is easily your all time most embarrassing retort on the board. Wow..

JVM
E.S.P.Spy

Postby JVM » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:17 am

Edited the first main post to include a summary of the game and a link to useful resources and topics about the game.
I'll always miss Vega.

Godzillabrawler
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Godzillabrawler » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:31 pm

JVM wrote:So many people hate Godzilla: Unleashed as if it killed their parents personally, that sometimes I wonder if it exists purely for my enjoyment and pleasure.

Personally, while I love the game like I love any piece of Godzilla media, I personally think it's inferior to Save the Earth as far as mechanics. Obviously Unleashed has the larger roster, but some of the discrepancies just kind of stick out to me all these years later. It's great for what it does, and I will agree that people blow it's faults way out of proportion. It's not the worst game Godzilla has ever had. Double Smash gets that award.

Holy crap, I just realized, this game will be ten years old in a year or so. What happened? I remember checking this site for roster updates every few days. :dizzy:
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Postby Chris55 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:42 am

Godzillabrawler wrote:
JVM wrote:So many people hate Godzilla: Unleashed as if it killed their parents personally, that sometimes I wonder if it exists purely for my enjoyment and pleasure.

Personally, while I love the game like I love any piece of Godzilla media, I personally think it's inferior to Save the Earth as far as mechanics. Obviously Unleashed has the larger roster, but some of the discrepancies just kind of stick out to me all these years later. It's great for what it does, and I will agree that people blow it's faults way out of proportion. It's not the worst game Godzilla has ever had. Double Smash gets that award.

Holy crap, I just realized, this game will be ten years old in a year or so. What happened? I remember checking this site for roster updates every few days. :dizzy:

Yeah I just found the proposal Anthony and I wrote in July 2006 to send to Atari to cover the game. It was 50% fun and 50% bullshit covering this game. Largely due to the fact that Atari was going under and there was miscommunication going on.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

JVM
E.S.P.Spy

Postby JVM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:38 am

Chris55 wrote:Yeah I just found the proposal Anthony and I wrote in July 2006 to send to Atari to cover the game. It was 50% fun and 50% bullshit covering this game. Largely due to the fact that Atari was going under and there was miscommunication going on.

I loved every day and minute of your coverage of GU and I don't think I'll ever be as excited to be a Godzilla fan as I was in 2007. Thank you for taking the bullshit you had to deal with to bring us the good news.
I'll always miss Vega.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Postby The Godzilla King » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:14 pm

If anyone's interested, this is what the scrapped maps look like.
Spoiler:
New_LA:

60:

Proto_Level:
Last edited by The Godzilla King on Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director."

Youtube Channel

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Super cool! I really like the "60" one, looks like you're walking in space. Someone noted how that could've been an early beta water stage, that would've been interesting.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Postby The Godzilla King » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Yeah, 60 is definitely my favorite. Reminds me of the sea stage from the PS4 game.
"Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director."

Youtube Channel

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
Interpol Agent

Postby ArchdukeSquidlyIII » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Today is the ninth anniversary of Godzilla: Unleashed on the wii. Although it had its many bugs, the hype that I built up for myself was unreal. I spent countless hours on the atari forums reading through threads, the amount of Hedorah rumors was endless! The game got quite a lot of play out of me over the years, and if I weren't at school right now, I'd probably break it out again for the occassion.
Something.

ZeppandonConfirmed
Samurai

Postby ZeppandonConfirmed » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:56 am

Can't believe this game is already 9 years old. This game I spend countless hours on every day. And I still play it today. Yeah sure the controls aren't good, and the game isn't as good as it's predecessors, but I love the game and it's a guilty pleasure of mine!

My personal favorite characters are MechaGodzillas 75 & 93. Mostly because in every Godzilla game, MechaGodzilla 1993 is usually my favorite character to play as. I also enjoy playing as Varan, Megaguirus, Baragon, Gigan, Megalon, Titanosaurus, and of course the Godzillas.
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The Cult of Personality

Hikari
Samurai

Postby Hikari » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:51 pm

I still need to unlock Varan. I pretty much just like this game because of kaiju team ups in the story mode. Nothing cooler than having that battle royal at the end.
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.

united_kingdom
Young Farmer

Postby united_kingdom » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:31 am

It's not a goodgame. It's a terrible game. its better then the previous ones, but you shout try it Godzilla game on Ps4. If you like that's fine its up to you but you should try it on ps4.

SuperPawnageGigan
Interpol Agent

Postby SuperPawnageGigan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:02 am

i love unleashed its a fun game and i got the bad ending aka tyrant ending
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Return to “Toho Video Games”