Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Man of Steel
Futurian

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Postby Man of Steel » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:39 am

I really wish this would get remastered for PS4 - I loved this game so much.
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby KaijuX » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Man of Steel wrote:I really wish this would get remastered for PS4 - I loved this game so much.

TBH, if it's going to be remastered to a new system, it might as well be a new game made from scratch.
TK's Resident Wumbo
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

Birdman wrote:It's actually happening, isn't it?

GVJ is finally getting a promotion.

"If you can't take the edge, that's okay." -KaijuX

CheetoKamper
Interpol Agent

Postby CheetoKamper » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:32 pm

KaijuX wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:I really wish this would get remastered for PS4 - I loved this game so much.

TBH, if it's going to be remastered to a new system, it might as well be a new game made from scratch.

Yeah it'd need to be re-worked from the ground up, wouldn't be a remaster so much as it'd be a total redo.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Dino-Mario
Interpol Agent

Postby Dino-Mario » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:07 pm

You know, even if i'm not fond of Godzilla 90's and 54's walking like humans and pretty much being the same thing with different colors, i just love the way they kick their opponents in the crotch, heh heh.
Image Image

CyberZilla
Interpol Agent

Postby CyberZilla » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:58 am

Dino-Mario wrote:You know, even if i'm not fond of Godzilla 90's and 54's walking like humans and pretty much being the same thing with different colors, i just love the way they kick their opponents in the crotch, heh heh.

Hit em where it hurts, and they ain't getting back up.

What I loved to do was fly around as Ghidorah and reenact the films by shooting gravity beams down from the heavens. It was a little tricky to pull off, but actually flying and using the beams was the best.
Kaiju fanatic and aspiring artist/writer.
:xilien: :g2k: Image Resized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized Image
Get the cool shoe shine.
Put on your war paint.
Who will know?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby KaijuX » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:13 pm

CyberZilla wrote:What I loved to do was fly around as Ghidorah and reenact the films by shooting gravity beams down from the heavens. It was a little tricky to pull off, but actually flying and using the beams was the best.

Try soaring around as Rodan while firing the Uranium Heat Beam. Now that's a challenge right there. ;)
TK's Resident Wumbo
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

Birdman wrote:It's actually happening, isn't it?

GVJ is finally getting a promotion.

"If you can't take the edge, that's okay." -KaijuX

JVM
E.S.P.Spy

Postby JVM » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:24 pm

If I were to become an eccentric billionaire, I would fund the hell out of a remastered GU for newer systems. Fix the glitches, too. I still think a lot of the games' problems are relatively easy fixes.

My real dream is a mod-friendly PC version though.
I don't think I saw the same movies as the rest of you.
I'll always miss Vega.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun May 08, 2016 2:09 am

Since Rodan freely expressed his opinion by stating that he hates the Maser tank, then let me fill you in on this : This game has one to many features which kill it for me.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Postby Chris55 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:53 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Since Rodan freely expressed his opinion by stating that he hates the Maser tank, then let me fill you in on this : This game has one to many features which kill it for me.

Which ones?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun May 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Chris55 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Since Rodan freely expressed his opinion by stating that he hates the Maser tank, then let me fill you in on this : This game has one to many features which kill it for me.

Which ones?

For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.

Chris55

Postby Chris55 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:21 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Which ones?

For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.

Did you read the interviews/hear the podcasts? Atari didn't really give them the time that they should to really get a polished game out there
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sun May 08, 2016 6:35 pm

Chris55 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Which ones?

Did you read the interviews/hear the podcasts? Atari didn't really give them the time that they should to really get a polished game out there

No I did not.

Chris55

Postby Chris55 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:14 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
No I did not.

SO much info in there. Like 7 hours of stuff. Simon's podcast, podcast with the Atari producer, 1 hour podcast with Simon answering fan questions.

JVM
E.S.P.Spy

Postby JVM » Tue May 10, 2016 10:30 pm

LegendZilla wrote:For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.

You have literally no idea what it's like to develop a video game to make that judgement, especially if you didn't even listen to what the developers have said.
I don't think I saw the same movies as the rest of you.
I'll always miss Vega.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Tue May 10, 2016 11:19 pm

JVM wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.

You have literally no idea what it's like to develop a video game to make that judgement, especially if you didn't even listen to what the developers have said.

I may listen to one of these days.

Mr. Strange
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Strange » Wed May 11, 2016 1:52 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Which ones?

Well, I'm on record about MANY of the problems with G:U, but I don't think "the developers don't care" is a fair assessment.

Hey look - here I am 9 years later giving you a personal response! That's well above 0 care, right?

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Wed May 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Mr. Strange wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Which ones?

Well, I'm on record about MANY of the problems with G:U, but I don't think "the developers don't care" is a fair assessment.

Hey look - here I am 9 years later giving you a personal response! That's well above 0 care, right?

Why even bother 9 years later? I'm sorry but it just wasn't a good game whether it's reason a, b, or c. There's defending it as a developer which is fine then there is just not letting it go after so many years.

Chris55

Postby Chris55 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Godzillian wrote:Why even bother 9 years later? I'm sorry but it just wasn't a good game whether it's reason a, b, or c. There's defending it as a developer which is fine then there is just not letting it go after so many years.

Because it's still a piece of Godzilla video game history and it's better to have the facts than fan conjecture.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Everything wrong with Godzilla Unleashed Wii should be made.

-Moguera keeps on going forward when having a beam clash
-Destroyah's laser katana is broken
-King Ghidorah's 3 heads keep looking up
-MechaGodzilla 2 is a clone character
-Too many glitches
-Godzilla 1954 is a clone character

And many more other issues.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.

Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.

http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Chris55

Postby Chris55 » Thu May 12, 2016 3:00 pm

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Everything wrong with Godzilla Unleashed Wii should be made.

-Moguera keeps on going forward when having a beam clash
-Destroyah's laser katana is broken
-King Ghidorah's 3 heads keep looking up
-MechaGodzilla 2 is a clone character
-Too many glitches
-Godzilla 1954 is a clone character

And many more other issues.

The Sydney level does not contain a lapdance

Return to “Toho Video Games”