Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:The lack of Class Controller (CCP) support deeply saddens me.
This.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

...Why would this game support Classic Controller? If anything, it would have Gamecube support.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I think that's what he meant and he just had a brain fart.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Jiragozira14 wrote:I've almost never had much issue with the controls since the day I got the game; which was I think the Christmas it came out, honestly.

The thing a lot of people seem to miss is that they shouldn't treat them like standard motion controls, but rather motion-controlled button commands where the Wiimote acts like a D-pad and pressing an attack button and moving the controller in a certain direction is like doing the same thing in Street Fighter.

Granted, it's not _flawless_, but it's not horrible.
^ All of this.
UltramanGoji wrote:...Why would this game support Classic Controller? If anything, it would have Gamecube support.
..Because it's a Wii game?

Games that also supported "traditional" controls on top of the wiimote controls (Resident Evil 4 is one such title) generally supported the Classic con. GC controller support wasn't necessarily uncommon, but it's not something that a lot of games supported.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Classic controllers have almost identical buttons to GameCube controllers. If a game supported GameCube controllers, there's a 90% chance it also supported Classic controllers.

That being said, I don't think Godzilla Unleashed would work with normal controllers. What would you replace the motion inputs with? Not the movement stick like in the previous games. That would require a bit of rewriting of the game's mechanics.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

No, there was not a "90%" chance a game had GC controller support if it also supported the Classic, and the buttons are definitely not "almost identical" at all..but I'm not about to sit here and argue with you about something this monumentally uninteresting, so you can go ahead and keep believing that.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

20th Century Boy wrote:Classic controllers have almost identical buttons to GameCube controllers. If a game supported GameCube controllers, there's a 90% chance it also supported Classic controllers.

That being said, I don't think Godzilla Unleashed would work with normal controllers. What would you replace the motion inputs with? Not the movement stick like in the previous games. That would require a bit of rewriting of the game's mechanics.
Works great in an emulator with an xbox controller
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Chris55 wrote:
20th Century Boy wrote:Classic controllers have almost identical buttons to GameCube controllers. If a game supported GameCube controllers, there's a 90% chance it also supported Classic controllers.

When did the Godzilla Unleashed emulator first appear?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote: When did the Godzilla Unleashed emulator first appear?
There's an emulator that plays Wii games. Not sure WHEN it appeared but I had a friend who had it and played GU on it like 5 years ago
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed emulator name
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Just going to chime in for second. Discussion of emulators and roms are allowed, but name dropping the emulator/where to get it, ect is to my knowledge taboo. If you want you'all can continue, but emulator names and the likes should be kept to PM's. :) Please and thank you!

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

SpaceG92 wrote:Just going to chime in for second. Discussion of emulators and roms are allowed, but name dropping the emulator/where to get it, ect is to my knowledge taboo. If you want you'all can continue, but emulator names and the likes should be kept to PM's. :) Please and thank you!
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Sorry! :)

Yeah Moguera hit me up in PM

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

I'll send you one.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Chris55 wrote:

Really? Dang. Another reason why I think Wii Remote and Nunchuk instead of a normal controller wasn't a good idea with a game like this. -_-
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Goji wrote:No, there was not a "90%" chance a game had GC controller support if it also supported the Classic, and the buttons are definitely not "almost identical" at all..but I'm not about to sit here and argue with you about something this monumentally uninteresting, so you can go ahead and keep believing that.
So... why post at all?...
Chris55 wrote:

What do they replace the motion controls with?

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

The motion controls were primarily to amplify basic punches, kicks and heavy attacks, right? A D-Pad would be just the thing, then. The same way it worked in STE and DAMM.
Monsters are the real people.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

In some games of the Wii, that I think had the option to edit the button imputs, you could change a default option that needed you to swing the Wii Remote to perform an attack to a button. So I don't see how
it couldn't be the case with this.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Chris55 wrote:

I finally got around to trying the game via emulator.

In my opinion, it's garbage. Can't map the keys well enough to actually access the attacks properly.

I suspect that people set up the motion emulator to just do one input - so they're missing more than half of the attacks. That does work great... if you can give up half of the attacks...

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Kong and Gamera considered for Unleashed?

Post by miguelnuva »

I just heard that Kong, Gamera, Bagan, Zilla the Cloverfield monster and Mecha Kong were all considered at some-point from unleashed? I didn't believe it but was their any truth to this?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Re: Kong and Gamera considered for Unleashed?

Post by g2vd »

miguelnuva wrote:I just heard that Kong, Gamera, Bagan, Zilla the Cloverfield monster and Mecha Kong were all considered at some-point from unleashed? I didn't believe it but was their any truth to this?
No. Where did you get this info?
Godzilla

Tatsunoshi
Monsterland Worker

Re: Kong and Gamera considered for Unleashed?

Post by Tatsunoshi »

Nope, never would have happened beyond drawing up a wish list. Licensing would have been too difficult and cost prohibitive, even if the licensors would have considered agreeing to it, which at least a couple likely wouldn't (not to mention Toho might have objected to a certain terrapin in their game...).