Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Godz
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by Godz »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:they didn't bother giving Showa MG his roar.
*Cue explanation as to why that was really hard and it was all Toho's fault and it was impossible to ask a fan to just rip their HOWL CD really quick.*
The best part was that Kiryu HAD Showa MG's roar and they lied and said they made a new sound for him that just happened to sound identical to Showa MG.
SAVE_US.GDZ

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Here's some leftover SFX that still exists in the files:

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:they didn't bother giving Showa MG his roar.
*Cue explanation as to why that was really hard and it was all Toho's fault and it was impossible to ask a fan to just rip their HOWL CD really quick.*
Considering Toho's pulled DVD's entirely off the market for including commentary tracks they hadn't officially rubber-stamped yet, I'm pretty sure this isn't a good idea :P
Having more monsters doesn't always equal a better game. Unleashed is a perfect example of this. There were a ton of monsters but the gameplay wasn't really as good as the games before it. There wasn't really especially with Destroyah being literally broken. In a fighting game the focus should always be on gameplay and balance first,the roster should be one of the last things to worry about. Rather than wanting games to have a huge roster with all the monsters, ask for a game that's actually good instead. Usually a good game means more people will buy it, the more people who buy it, the more money a company gets and who knows maybe then they can work on a few DLC monsters. But if the gameplay is stale and some of the characters are broken to the point that Destroyah was annnnd it's only defense is "but oh my god the roster size!" It's a bad game.
It was known early on there would be no DLC and it was virtually impossible to do. Mr. Strange has covered this numerous times. I'm still baffled how many people try to discuss downloadable content for this game. It was never on the table. The Wii didn't have downloadable content for third-party games at the time of it's release. Are people starting to forget this game came out nine years ago?

Destoroyah's Horn Katana glitch is obviously something they should've fixed, and Atari should've caught it and allowed the development team at Pipeworks more time to patch it up before the game hit shelves - considering from Mr. Strange's previous stories, Atari tested STE, was also anal about release dates - and there's no excuse for that, but I think people exaggerate it's effect on gameplay -- the AI in singleplayer mode doesn't know anything about it.

A lot of things probably could've gone better if Atari pushed it forward to spring 2008. A lot more time to bug-test and bugfix the problems, if nothing else, and I'm sure the team could've used that additional time to improve the game in other ways.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

JVM wrote:
Having more monsters doesn't always equal a better game. Unleashed is a perfect example of this. There were a ton of monsters but the gameplay wasn't really as good as the games before it. There wasn't really especially with Destroyah being literally broken. In a fighting game the focus should always be on gameplay and balance first,the roster should be one of the last things to worry about. Rather than wanting games to have a huge roster with all the monsters, ask for a game that's actually good instead. Usually a good game means more people will buy it, the more people who buy it, the more money a company gets and who knows maybe then they can work on a few DLC monsters. But if the gameplay is stale and some of the characters are broken to the point that Destroyah was annnnd it's only defense is "but oh my god the roster size!" It's a bad game.
It was known early on there would be no DLC and it was virtually impossible to do. Mr. Strange has covered this numerous times. I'm still baffled how many people try to discuss downloadable content for this game. It was never on the table. The Wii didn't have downloadable content for third-party games at the time of it's release. Are people starting to forget this game came out nine years ago?

Destoroyah's Horn Katana glitch is obviously something they should've fixed, and Atari should've caught it and allowed the development team at Pipeworks more time to patch it up before the game hit shelves - considering from Mr. Strange's previous stories, Atari tested STE, was also anal about release dates - and there's no excuse for that, but I think people exaggerate it's effect on gameplay -- the AI in singleplayer mode doesn't know anything about it.

A lot of things probably could've gone better if Atari pushed it forward to spring 2008. A lot more time to bug-test and bugfix the problems, if nothing else, and I'm sure the team could've used that additional time to improve the game in other ways.
I'm talking about if they were to make a game now. I'm well aware DLC wasn't an option for them for Unleashed don't worry that was in response to comment that someone made about it needing even more monsters if a sequel was made but apparently they since edited their post entirely :| .

The horn katana glitch isn't exaggerated much at all really. Sure the AI doesn't use it hardly at all I'll give you that, but if you aren't playing the AI and are in a tournament setting it's absolutely game breaking if there isn't any sort of rules in place against using it. Even if it worked properly Destroyah would still be pretty ridiculous, his oxygen destroyer blast pretty much nukes your health in one shot and with the way most people I see playing Unleashed that'd basically be their strategy, run away until it's charged then blast them go in finish that health bar, rinse and repeat. One thing that would've been neat for tournament play would be having the ability to shrink down the stages a bit so you didn't have matches won by people just playing cat and mouse the whole time.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:My biggest gripe with the game is that they didn't bother giving Showa MG his roar.

Won't fix the really off model, though.
Damn fingers
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Yeah, good thing there are mods around

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Chris55 wrote:Damn fingers
"Mechagodzilla needs functioning fingers if he's going to be able to grapple!"

*Meanwhile, Gigan, Megalon, MOGUERA, Mothra, Biollante, King Ghidorah, Mecha-King Ghidorah, and Megaguirus exist.*
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Mods don't help. The damage is done.

WHY did they think it was a genius plan to give Kiryu the Showa MG roar?!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

CheetoKamper wrote:I'm talking about if they were to make a game now. I'm well aware DLC wasn't an option for them for Unleashed don't worry that was in response to comment that someone made about it needing even more monsters if a sequel was made but apparently they since edited their post entirely :| .
Ahh, I understand that then, sorry!
The horn katana glitch isn't exaggerated much at all really. Sure the AI doesn't use it hardly at all I'll give you that, but if you aren't playing the AI and are in a tournament setting it's absolutely game breaking if there isn't any sort of rules in place against using it. Even if it worked properly Destroyah would still be pretty ridiculous, his oxygen destroyer blast pretty much nukes your health in one shot and with the way most people I see playing Unleashed that'd basically be their strategy, run away until it's charged then blast them go in finish that health bar, rinse and repeat. One thing that would've been neat for tournament play would be having the ability to shrink down the stages a bit so you didn't have matches won by people just playing cat and mouse the whole time.
My point was only about singeplayer, which you took, so we're cool! :) Tournament-wise, it's completely broken and I'm in full agreement. Also another reason the lack of DLC is a shame, because from what Mr. Strange has said in the past, this would be a super easy fix.

I did enjoy seeing two kids BOTH using the glitch against each other at G-Fest once. I don't know if it was a tourney or not, but it was kind of funny.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

That MechaGodzilla model really should be killed with Fire.
Godzilla

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

g2vd wrote:That MechaGodzilla model really should be killed with Fire.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

JVM wrote: My point was only about singeplayer, which you took, so we're cool! :) Tournament-wise, it's completely broken and I'm in full agreement. Also another reason the lack of DLC is a shame, because from what Mr. Strange has said in the past, this would be a super easy fix.

I did enjoy seeing two kids BOTH using the glitch against each other at G-Fest once. I don't know if it was a tourney or not, but it was kind of funny.
Yeah I've seen that as well, thankfully that seems to only happen in the kids tournament now because I think most adults realized they're being asshats doing that. The best counter I know of for myself is just spamming the hell out of Varan's combo which seems like a glitch in it's self to be honest :lol: it's also not a sure fire thing, at that point it becomes whoever the game decides to favor. But I also have seen people use 90's and his long ass tail to just avoid the thing all together. It's beatable but there's a lot more luck involved than skill really. The 90's strategy mostly only works on people who literally only know how to use the katana, if the person knows what they're doing it'll be a real pain in the ass.

Man of Steel
Gotengo Officer

Post by Man of Steel »

I really wish this would get remastered for PS4 - I loved this game so much.
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Man of Steel wrote:I really wish this would get remastered for PS4 - I loved this game so much.
TBH, if it's going to be remastered to a new system, it might as well be a new game made from scratch.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

KaijuX wrote:
Man of Steel wrote:I really wish this would get remastered for PS4 - I loved this game so much.
TBH, if it's going to be remastered to a new system, it might as well be a new game made from scratch.
Yeah it'd need to be re-worked from the ground up, wouldn't be a remaster so much as it'd be a total redo.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

You know, even if i'm not fond of Godzilla 90's and 54's walking like humans and pretty much being the same thing with different colors, i just love the way they kick their opponents in the crotch, heh heh.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Dino-Mario wrote:You know, even if i'm not fond of Godzilla 90's and 54's walking like humans and pretty much being the same thing with different colors, i just love the way they kick their opponents in the crotch, heh heh.
Hit em where it hurts, and they ain't getting back up.

What I loved to do was fly around as Ghidorah and reenact the films by shooting gravity beams down from the heavens. It was a little tricky to pull off, but actually flying and using the beams was the best.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CyberZilla wrote:What I loved to do was fly around as Ghidorah and reenact the films by shooting gravity beams down from the heavens. It was a little tricky to pull off, but actually flying and using the beams was the best.
Try soaring around as Rodan while firing the Uranium Heat Beam. Now that's a challenge right there. ;)

Pair of kings.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

If I were to become an eccentric billionaire, I would fund the hell out of a remastered GU for newer systems. Fix the glitches, too. I still think a lot of the games' problems are relatively easy fixes.

My real dream is a mod-friendly PC version though.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Since Rodan freely expressed his opinion by stating that he hates the Maser tank, then let me fill you in on this : This game has one to many features which kill it for me.