Official Toho-Related Game Ideas Topic 2.0

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
ShowaGodzillaKOTM
Yojimbo

Re: Official Toho-Related Game Ideas Topic 2.0

Post by ShowaGodzillaKOTM »

ゴジラ wrote:
ShowaGodzillaKOTM wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Why can't they make a story mode in a Godzilla fighting game based on the movies for once?
I agree 100% Not only the story mode, but the combat system also needs to stay true to the Big G films. STE, GDAMM were pretty good games. But the Godzilla game on Nintendo Superfanicom that didn't reach the US, was an Awesome game! Another thing....what's the point of making up a move set or stages, when you have the films to copy from? As for those force fields in STE GDAMM, GU that stops you from traveling any further, is so not needed in a Godzilla game.

The films in general only show most of the monsters, bashing, shoving, biting, and sometimes slapping/punching. That plus constant beam usage. There's no interesting diversity within that because how the film display this, its very boring. What was done within the games was a vast showcasing of much needed attacks, diversity, and unique execution.
The developers provided all of this.

In terms of Stages, some were already within the films. Osaka, Tokyo, New York, Monster Island. The force fields keep battles contained, structured, and more focused within itself. Its needed just like any other fighting game or brawler.

Though having a film based story mode would be fun like the Ultraman Fighting Evolution series, but a original story is just as good and more easy to work with. A original story allows more monsters to be included and worked in more easily than a film strict-ed story mode.
I must say....you have very good points. But what stands out to me the most with your comments is...actually having a film based story mode like the Ultraman Fighting Evolution series. Not only was the story mode based on the films, but the combat system as well, even though they added a few twist which is ok, nothing wrong with that. When I picked up that controller, I knew that the developers of Ultraman did there homework. The Stages in GU: Osaka, Tokyo, New York, and Monster Island well...those stages where just carrying the title based on the game. The resemblance was pretty off when you talk about the films. Monsters bashing, shoving, biting, punching, you forgot bodyslams and Judo Slams and Super Kicks. What about when Godzilla picked up the Smog Monster repeatly slamming him down by the tail or better yet grabbing King Ghidorah by all three of his necks judo slamming him back and forth? Why can those moves be included in a Godzilla game? Theres more than enough moves in the film that can be included in a Godzilla game. I say it's a must because it gives you that Godzilla feel and resemblance.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

The story mode is mildly loosely based off of the shows. (They aren't really films my mistake)
The combat system is not based off of what's presented, the combat system is in general is built as a traditional fighter with specialized additions to make the game feel like the source material in its own way. But either way, Ultraman Fighting Evolution rarely have a proper story mode based on the shows. Rebirth and Fighting Evolution 0 are reminders of this, and look at them, they did just fine and still felt like Ultraman.

The stages within the Godzilla series are good enough as they are now, developers don't have to mirror exactly everything from the films within every spec and detail. You couldn't get a exact replication of Destroy All Monsters 1968 New York because the shot was too quick and wasn't enough to provide a full scale detailing to build a arena to match it. Same with Monster Island, even with Godzilla's Revenge you couldn't do it because it was all stock footage most of the time of different films. Osaka wouldn't work completely either because the entire place was destroyed either way before any details could be completely managed.

Bodyslams, Judo Slams, Super Kicks etc What are you talking about? The Godzilla games have these! And more! From Jet Jaguar, to King Ghidorah! :eh: Some things can't be properly implemented due to animation, scripting, programming, time, resources, etc, and from what Mr. Strange spoke of was that grabbing was a difficult tricky aspect to work with. Its like you not even considering the difficulties and troublesome workings in creating of this at all when developing video-games.

All you have to do to get a Godzilla feel is have iconic music, the monsters themselves, loads of destruction, their iconic powers, and places to fight in. That's all you need.

ShowaGodzillaKOTM
Yojimbo

ゴジラ wrote:The story mode is mildly loosely based off of the shows. (They aren't really films my mistake)
The combat system is not based off of what's presented, the combat system is in general is built as a traditional fighter with specialized additions to make the game feel like the source material in its own way. But either way, Ultraman Fighting Evolution rarely have a proper story mode based on the shows. Rebirth and Fighting Evolution 0 are reminders of this, and look at them, they did just fine and still felt like Ultraman.

The stages within the Godzilla series are good enough as they are now, developers don't have to mirror exactly everything from the films within every spec and detail. You couldn't get a exact replication of Destroy All Monsters 1968 New York because the shot was too quick and wasn't enough to provide a full scale detailing to build a arena to match it. Same with Monster Island, even with Godzilla's Revenge you couldn't do it because it was all stock footage most of the time of different films. Osaka wouldn't work completely either because the entire place was destroyed either way before any details could be completely managed.

Bodyslams, Judo Slams, Super Kicks etc What are you talking about? The Godzilla games have these! And more! From Jet Jaguar, to King Ghidorah! :eh: Some things can't be properly implemented due to animation, scripting, programming, time, resources, etc, and from what Mr. Strange spoke of was that grabbing was a difficult tricky aspect to work with. Its like you not even considering the difficulties and troublesome workings in creating of this at all when developing video-games.

All you have to do to get a Godzilla feel is have iconic music, the monsters themselves, loads of destruction, their iconic powers, and places to fight in. That's all you need.
The only thing I'm doing is speaking from a fan perspective just like you...can we get a Godzilla game that stays true to the movies that's all. I want to relive that Epic battle that took place on Mt Fuji between Godzilla and King Kong only this time, in a video game. Why is that so much to ask for? As for the grapples that I mention was based upon the films. I never said GU, STE, GDAMM didn't have good grappling moves. There just not based upon the films which in turn, as a fan I feel like it's pretty important. Your last comment is literally stating as if it can be done so simple. Question: Why hasn't it been done yet? Rather if it's Mr. Strange or another video game developer working on a Godzilla game? Now I don't refute anything what Mr. Strange has done. If I didn't respect what Mr Strange has done, pipeworks, or Atari I wouldn't have went out and bought the games. No disrespect to Mr. Strange, but he is not the only video game developer out there, just the only one that's interested in creating another Godzilla video game which I highly respect him for that. But that doesn't change my opinnion that the next Godzilla should touch more on the Big G films.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

You can't relive King Kong vs. Godzilla because you need money to own the rights to use King Kong, do you have that kind of cash to fork over? Yes it is too much to ask because its extremely costly. But hey, if you have the bucks then by all means try to make that dream of yours happen. Universal would be willing to lend a ear if the price is right.

The grappling moves within the films for the most part aren't implemented because implementing them would be terrible and unfortunately most likely a waste of time, money, and energy overall as difficult programming and scripting would rear its ugly head constantly.
It cannot be done so easily, and its not simple at all which is why it hasn't been done.

I'm aware Mr.Strange isn't the only developer out there, but him along with the members who worked on these games are the only ones with the proper knowledge and understanding of why certain things cannot be done within the Godzilla games. Your acting as if they didn't try anything from the films at all, or didn't at least try to implement some form from them.

And there were grappling moves from the films
-SpaceGodzilla using his psychic powers to lift up and throw around Kaiju, he did this to Godzilla in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla.

-Titanosaurus biting down on a monster's face then proceeding to do damage upon his target, that's a grapple he did in Terror of MechaGodzilla that they implemented into a throw within their own way. Its still from the film despite him not punching his target upward over and over.

A Godzilla game doesn't have to be like the films to be vastly enjoyable and bare an atmosphere that you seem to feel within their mediums, again the Ultraman Fighting Evolution games are examples of this. And obviously, the pipework Godzilla games are examples of this as well. Its a completely subjective opinion.

Overall, certain things cannot be done due to rights (King Kong costing way too much to even use), due to difficult programming of certain aspects of movesets and interactions that will ultimately be dropped from the game. (Like Grabbing all three of Ghidorah's heads and flipping him over). And overall due to budget, time, developer man-power, resources, and what your engine is capable of doing during the development of the game. I understand wanting a Godzilla game to be more like the films, but at least understand why for the most part why there will most likely never be a game of that caliber unless you have extreme bills to pull it off and people with a more capable engine and tools who are willing to create it.

ShowaGodzillaKOTM
Yojimbo

ゴジラ wrote:You can't relive King Kong vs. Godzilla because you need money to own the rights to use King Kong, do you have that kind of cash to fork over? Yes it is too much to ask because its extremely costly. But hey, if you have the bucks then by all means try to make that dream of yours happen. Universal would be willing to lend a ear if the price is right.

The grappling moves within the films for the most part aren't implemented because implementing them would be terrible and unfortunately most likely a waste of time, money, and energy overall as difficult programming and scripting would rear its ugly head constantly.
It cannot be done so easily, and its not simple at all which is why it hasn't been done.

I'm aware Mr.Strange isn't the only developer out there, but him along with the members who worked on these games are the only ones with the proper knowledge and understanding of why certain things cannot be done within the Godzilla games. Your acting as if they didn't try anything from the films at all, or didn't at least try to implement some form from them.

-SpaceGodzilla using his psychic powers to lift up and throw around Kaiju, he did this to Godzilla in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla.

-Titanosaurus biting down on a monster's face then proceeding to do damage upon his target, that's a grapple he did in Terror of MechaGodzilla that they implemented into a throw within their own way. Its still from the film despite him not punching his target upward over and over.

A Godzilla game doesn't have to be like the films to be vastly enjoyable and bare an atmosphere that you seem to feel within their mediums, again the Ultraman Fighting Evolution games are examples of this. And obviously, the pipework Godzilla games are examples of this as well. Its a completely subjective opinion.

Overall, certain things cannot be done due to rights (King Kong costing way too much to even use), due to difficult programming of certain aspects of movesets and interactions that will ultimately be dropped from the game. (Like Grabbing all three of Ghidorah's heads and flipping him over). And overall due to budget, time, developer man-power, resources, and what your engine is capable of doing during the development of the game. I understand wanting a Godzilla game to be more like the films, but at least understand why for the most part why there will most likely never be a game of that caliber unless you have extreme bills to pull it off and people with a more capable engine and tools who are willing to create it.
Ok then....point well taking. Question: Since my idea is so screwed up :lol: and will basicially cost too much money going into a project, what do you think it will take to elevate the next Godzilla game without breaking the bank? Your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

ShowaGodzillaKOTM wrote:
ゴジラ wrote:You can't relive King Kong vs. Godzilla because you need money to own the rights to use King Kong, do you have that kind of cash to fork over? Yes it is too much to ask because its extremely costly. But hey, if you have the bucks then by all means try to make that dream of yours happen. Universal would be willing to lend a ear if the price is right.

Ok then....point well taking. Question: Since my idea is so screwed up :lol: and will basicially cost too much money going into a project, what do you think it will take to elevate the next Godzilla game without breaking the bank? Your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Your idea isn't screwed up, its just something that can only be crafted from the right amount of bills, engine, and development team. (Which costs more money)

If you want a Kong, then developers could simply create a generic Kong like War of the Monsters, maybe give some light form of electric abilities and treat it as a tribute to Toho's 62 Kong. At least you won't break any banks with that.

Everything else requires some large sums of money, hiring developers and their engine, publishers, advertisement, etc. You'll be spending loads either way, the only factor lessened down is the Kong option I had given to deal with not being able to afford the rights to the legit King Kong property.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

ゴジラ wrote: If you want a Kong, then developers could simply create a generic Kong like War of the Monsters, maybe give some light form of electric abilities and treat it as a tribute to Toho's 62 Kong. At least you won't break any banks with that.

Everything else requires some large sums of money, hiring developers and their engine, publishers, advertisement, etc. You'll be spending loads either way, the only factor lessened down is the Kong option I had given to deal with not being able to afford the rights to the legit King Kong property.
Very well said!

Shacker9227
Monsterland Worker

Post by Shacker9227 »

My idea is like Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact on the Dreamcast but updated for modern consoles and has more fighting moves, as well as 4 stories. The continuity is mixed since Ghidorah has the roars of all three incarnations, Godzilla looks like his 2002/2003 version, Kiryu exists and Gigan exists. The game gives the characters a health bar. The soundtrack played in the game can be chosen by the player: original movie soundtrack or the new soundtrack made for the game.

One story is Godzilla's, which is the anti-hero story that involves destroying cities in an order to work up to Tokyo and after two cities, Godzilla encounters an enemy, which creates a boss-fight that's like the fights in Generations: Maximum Impact. Godzilla can fire his atomic breath the same way as in Generations: Maximum Impact but now he can fight better. He can push, slash at the target with his claw, bite the enemy, and tail slap the enemy or target. Each city has a different difficulty. The first city is easy to destroy since the only obstacles are tanks. In the second city, missle launchers are brought in and make the game a little harder since the missles do some decent damage. In the third city, jets are flying over you and attack often. Then in Tokyo, you got the JSDF up the wazoo. Tanks, jets, missle launchers, Maser tanks and cleverly set-up explosives in the streets. After Tokyo, there is one other stage before the final boss: the countryside. Godzilla has to move in the countryside while being bombarded by the JSDF. And at the end of the stage, you have to use your atomic breath to destroy a barrier of electric towers. Then comes the final boss fight, which Mothra helps you out a little.
Here are Godzilla's boss fights:
Boss 1: Mothra (not too hard but not so easy either)
Boss 2: Kiryu (a little hard)
Final Boss: King Ghidorah (hardest)

I'm running out of time so I'll explain the other stories and gameplay later today if possible.
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice." - Sydney Freedman, M*A*S*H

Shacker9227
Monsterland Worker

Post by Shacker9227 »

Continuing from my post:

The second story is centered on Mothra. The gameplay style is different for the stages. You have to fly through the skies but the conditions change from level to level and you must stay at a good level of height or you'll lose control. The first stage has a calm sky but the second stage involves winds of medium-strength and occasional mountains. Then comes the fight with Godzilla, and the boss fights for Mothra are different. The arenas are huge and Mothra has to dodge alot of Godzilla's attacks, which explains the big area so it allows her to fly freely. After Godzilla, Mothra has to fly to Infant Island while staying under a military jet radar. She then sees the island in ruins and sees Ghidorah fleeing from the crime scene. The final stage has Mothra chasing Ghidorah through the skies and sort of a mini-boss since you have to hit Ghidorah enough times to make him land. He can attack you too from the front and the wind trails he leaves behind are strong so you have to try your best to maintain control. Eventually, Ghidorah lands and the real fight begins, which is the final boss. Godzilla is there too and you have to help him out. The arena is the same, just a wider space and you have attack Ghidorah from behind or the skies.
Mothra has antennae beams, hurricane winds (to slow down the enemy), and poison power from her wings. She can also perch onto the enemy's head and poke at it with her legs but it's kinda risky.
I'll post the other stories later.
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice." - Sydney Freedman, M*A*S*H

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Mr. Strange wrote:
ゴジラ wrote: If you want a Kong, then developers could simply create a generic Kong like War of the Monsters, maybe give some light form of electric abilities and treat it as a tribute to Toho's 62 Kong. At least you won't break any banks with that.

Very well said!
Someone should make a gorilla monster for Kaiju Combat. :angel:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

I just had a great idea for an educational game!

How about a game where Mothra teaches Math?

Solve math problems with your teacher professor Mothra (Mothra with big nerdy glasses.)!!! and call the game Mathra!

Isn't it an awesome idea!? anyone?

*Is pelted with Tomatoes.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I have an idea for a new Godzilla game but it's the same style as Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee, Godzilla Save the Earth, and Godzilla Unleashed...

Game Title: Godzilla: All Out Attack

Game plot wouldn't be that different, Invading aliens come to Earth hoping to wipe out the human race using alien kaiju, and only Godzilla and the other kaiju can stop them. And the final boss would be Monster X or Bagan

The game would feature, alternate "skins" for the monsters insteed of of using just a new monster, and it would bring back the option to play mini games, like in Godzilla Save the Earth. And it would feature new arenas like Planet X, Infant Island, and World Children's Land, Red Bamboo Base, Okinawa, Mt. Fuji.

Playable Monsters

Godzilla- Skins (Godzilla 1954) (Godzilla 90's) (Godzilla 2000) (Godzilla GMK)
Anguirus- Skins (Anguirus 1968) (Anguirus Final Wars)
Rodan- Skins (Fire Rodan) (Rodan Final Wars)
Baragon- Skins (Baragon GMK)
Mothra- Skins (Mothra 2003) (Rainbow Mothra)
King Ghidorah- Skins (King Ghidorah 1964) (King Ghidorah 1991)
Gigan- Skins (Gigan 1972) (Gigan Final Wars)
Mechagodzilla- Skins (Mechagodzilla 1974) (Mechagodzilla 2 1993)
King Caesar- Skins (King Caesar 1974) (King Caesar Final Wars)
Hedorah- Skins (Hedorah 1971) (Hedorah Final Wars)
Gamera- Skins (Gamera 1999)
Mecha-King Ghidorah
Kiryu
Titanosaurus
Battra
Megalon
Jet Jaguar
MOGUERA
Biollante
Spacegodzilla
Varan
Orga
Megaguirus
Destroyah
Zilla
Monster X
Bagan
Gaira
Sanda

Mini Games

Go Gotengo, Go!- Much like the Godzilla Underwater Challenge in Godzilla Save the Earth, you are the Atragon (1963) and you must get through various enemies to eventually defeat the boss Manda (1963) (Non Playable Character)

Sibling Rivalry- You are Sanda, and you must stop your brother Gaira from causing destruction, if Gaira causes a certain ammount of destruction, you lose.

King of the Monsters- You are Godzilla 1954, you must destroy as much of Tokyo as you can in the provided time limit.

Dogfight- You are Rodan Final Wars, you are in the sky as many jets and aircrafts are trying to shoot you down, so you must destroy them first!

*Those are the only mini games I can think of at this time*
Never forget tadpole :godzilla: