Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Justemporary
Ronin
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Justemporary » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:12 pm

That's too bad about your cart. I never took Gouten seriously until recently when I was analysing characters more. Always thought it was just an interesting alternate boss. Nope. That thing is a cheap overpowered character who can't be grabbed not that I'd press my luck on that option.

It wouldn't be so bad if its firing rate wasn't so damn fast or if the lasers weren't so powerful or stunned so much. Look on the bright side though, if your friend uses the simpler characters they're bound to learn the game eventually. Give him some time. Fighting games were always for some reason the hardest to teach.

BIOLLANTE FOREVER!!! Actually have an easier time against Gouten with her than most of the other characters . . . minus Mothra. I think maybe a good strategy against Gouten is to walk forward and block when you have to or even use your breath to nullify the lasers. Yet to try that one out but I know jumping is always a horrible choice.

User avatar
Beef Bigshot
Keizer
Posts: 7392
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Beef Bigshot » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:21 pm

hhhmmm, i figured out that the cartridge isnt bugged, just my system. so thats good i guess.

ya, dat firing rate. i truly havent mastered mothra
Resized Image

Justemporary
Ronin
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Justemporary » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:05 am

Do you own a SNES? Just take pliers and bend the tabs off to the point your cartridge can fit. That is, if your retro duo isn't working so good. Of the two copies I own I noticed one of them had a slight bit of pixel damage. Debating whether to sell it to the local retro game store or hand it over to a friend and teach them how to play. It's hard finding good people to learn this game. Hope you get that whole glitch stuff sorted out Beefy.

User avatar
Beef Bigshot
Keizer
Posts: 7392
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Beef Bigshot » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:32 pm

eh it doesnt really bother me, thanks though!
Resized Image

User avatar
MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2323
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Ding Dong, Texas
Contact:

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby MrGameguycolor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:26 pm

After playing through all of 1P mode on a SNES.
I can say that King Ghidorah is the easier character to play through expert.
I'm not one of tier list, but this is a fighter were some characters are better than others.
So for the hell of it, he's my tier list:

S
1. Gotengo
A
2. Mothra, 3. Super Mechagodzilla
B
4. King Ghidorah, 5. Mechagodzilla 93, 6. Angurius
C
7. Godzilla, 8. Gigan, 9. Mechagodzilla 70s, 10. Megalon
D
11. Biollante


That's not to say any of them are bad, I enjoy playing of them.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster


Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Image

User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8538
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Living Corpse wrote:King Ghidorah and Angurius are the two monsters I can beat the game on expert.

I've only ever been able to do it with Megalon by spamming moves. No finesse, just drill-ramming to victory.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
Beef Bigshot
Keizer
Posts: 7392
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Beef Bigshot » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:39 am

Living Corpse wrote:King Ghidorah and Angurius are the two monsters I can beat the game on expert.


for me its Godzilla. I dont know why but im fond of him and do best as the king of the monsters
Resized Image

User avatar
Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:08 am

Loved the vids for this Living Corpse.

I played this some via the ROM. It's ok. I'm sure if I had more interest it would have been a blast.
Image
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

User avatar
Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper
Posts: 1327
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 am
Location: Right next to Mothra
Contact:

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Gojira tai Mosura » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:48 am

Battle Legends is much better in my opinion. The music wasn't "SNES'd", there were more monsters, the gameplay was much better (beam attacks aren't gargantuan, energy bar instead of that stupid stun bar) and the Arcade Mode was way better.
I really didn't like Kaijuu Daikessen. Call me biased, but I just didn't like this game in comparison to Battle Legends.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

User avatar
G1985
G-Grasper
Posts: 1328
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby G1985 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:13 am

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:Battle Legends is much better in my opinion. The music wasn't "SNES'd", there were more monsters, the gameplay was much better (beam attacks aren't gargantuan, energy bar instead of that stupid stun bar) and the Arcade Mode was way better.
I really didn't like Kaijuu Daikessen. Call me biased, but I just didn't like this game in comparison to Battle Legends.

I concur on all points, except to say that I enjoy Kaijuu Daikessen so long as I remember that it's just a dumbed-down version of Battle Legends.

User avatar
The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby The Godzilla King » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:Battle Legends is much better in my opinion. The music wasn't "SNES'd", there were more monsters, the gameplay was much better (beam attacks aren't gargantuan, energy bar instead of that stupid stun bar) and the Arcade Mode was way better.
I really didn't like Kaijuu Daikessen. Call me biased, but I just didn't like this game in comparison to Battle Legends.


I completely agree. The only things Kaiju Daikessen does better is that it's on SNES and that you can play as other kaiju in Arcade mode while Battle Legends had a bunch of Godzilla skins instead.
"Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director."

Youtube Channel

User avatar
Gojora
G-Grasper
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm
Location: Gensokyo

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Gojora » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:11 am

I like the music in this game.
Just feels so....good.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.

Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

User avatar
Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper
Posts: 1327
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 am
Location: Right next to Mothra
Contact:

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Gojira tai Mosura » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:55 am

Gojora wrote:I like the music in this game.
Just feels so....good.

What are your favorite themes in the game?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6897D20553
You can find them all here.

...Or just don't bother and listen to the Battle Legends version that sounds much better in my opinion.
The Battle Legends soundtrack is basically the same themes, except add in a few more, make them not as "SNES'd" and more booming and yeah you have the Battle Legends themes.
The King Ghidorah theme "Abashiri Ohara Field" is such a fantastic and catchy theme that you'll be singing it for a few days.
Dun-dun-dun-dan-dan-dan-dun-dun-dun-dunnununa-dandan
DAN DAN DAN DAN DAN!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7B6265B4A2

Seriously, this was 1993. Video games still sounded like Super Mario World, and here's Godzilla Battle Legends sounding like THIS.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

User avatar
Gojora
G-Grasper
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm
Location: Gensokyo

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Gojora » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:36 am

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
Gojora wrote:I like the music in this game.
Just feels so....good.

What are your favorite themes in the game?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6897D20553
You can find them all here.

...Or just don't bother and listen to the Battle Legends version that sounds much better in my opinion.
The Battle Legends soundtrack is basically the same themes, except add in a few more, make them not as "SNES'd" and more booming and yeah you have the Battle Legends themes.
The King Ghidorah theme "Abashiri Ohara Field" is such a fantastic and catchy theme that you'll be singing it for a few days.
Dun-dun-dun-dan-dan-dan-dun-dun-dun-dunnununa-dandan
DAN DAN DAN DAN DAN!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7B6265B4A2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00yG0lEDD0?index=18&list=PL48AC797B6265B4A2
Oh wait....dmanit wrong thread!
Seriously, this was 1993. Video games still sounded like Super Mario World, and here's Godzilla Battle Legends sounding like THIS.

Mine is Total Destruction.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.

Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

User avatar
Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper
Posts: 1327
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 am
Location: Right next to Mothra
Contact:

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Gojira tai Mosura » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 am

Gojora wrote:
Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
Gojora wrote:I like the music in this game.
Just feels so....good.

What are your favorite themes in the game?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6897D20553
You can find them all here.

...Or just don't bother and listen to the Battle Legends version that sounds much better in my opinion.
The Battle Legends soundtrack is basically the same themes, except add in a few more, make them not as "SNES'd" and more booming and yeah you have the Battle Legends themes.
The King Ghidorah theme "Abashiri Ohara Field" is such a fantastic and catchy theme that you'll be singing it for a few days.
Dun-dun-dun-dan-dan-dan-dun-dun-dun-dunnununa-dandan
DAN DAN DAN DAN DAN!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7B6265B4A2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00yG0lEDD0?index=18&list=PL48AC797B6265B4A2
Oh wait....dmanit wrong thread!
Seriously, this was 1993. Video games still sounded like Super Mario World, and here's Godzilla Battle Legends sounding like THIS.

Mine is Total Destruction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8FafB_mURA

I didn't say "Oh wait... dmanit wrong thread!"...
But yeah, that is a good theme. Never said any of them are my favorite though.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

User avatar
Gojora
G-Grasper
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm
Location: Gensokyo

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Gojora » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 am

Sorry i ment that i said "damnit wrong thread!". :oops:
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.

Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

User avatar
MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2323
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Ding Dong, Texas
Contact:

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby MrGameguycolor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster


Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

Image

User avatar
Goji
Kwaidan
Posts: 6411
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Goji » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Sorry, but that's actually a terrible price for something that's (technically) not the original game. You can easily modify your SNES to play Super Famicom carts, so placing the insides into a U.S. cart was super unnecessary, and ruins it's collectibility. (Not to mention having GMK art is an inappropriate way to represent this game, for obvious reasons).

I lucked up years back on Ebay, and managed to get an original copy, neat mint in box with everything, for only $25. I don't really expect others to find a deal quite this good, but this is still too much for what it is; essentially a bootleg.

User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby LegendZilla » Fri May 13, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm assuming Mothra's Battra strike only works when she is on the ground right?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
Showa Gojira
Samurai
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Postby Showa Gojira » Wed May 18, 2016 5:57 pm

An all around fun game. Definitely not perfect, and I do like Battle Legends more, but still plenty enjoyable. A good roster of monsters, fun combat system, great sprites (which I'm grateful for!), and some nice music as well (even if BL has better versions) . Godzilla is my go to character, like he is in every Godzilla game. It always reminded me of an old school Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters Melee!

My biggest problems with the game have to do with the combat system. Low attacks are way too effective and the balance between characters is pretty bad. I also think the game could have a better final boss, I always found it odd how Heisei Mechagodzilla was such a brawler in this game.
Like Giant Monsters? Like Video games? check out the game my brother and I are making!

Image

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5609


Return to “Toho Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests