Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Post by Goji »

Living Corpse wrote:
Goji wrote:"Max" who?
Oh sorry, he's an e-celebrity in the FGC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riaW-b6pWk0
Oh..that Max. Yes, I'm very familiar with him, but I've never been a fan.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

I've played this on an emulator a couple of times, but even on the easiest difficult setting it's way to hard.The AI is very cheap, and I'am quite bad at 2d fighting games.So I just gave up after a few rounds and through the game in the trash
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

godzilla5417 wrote:I've played this on an emulator a couple of times, but even on the easiest difficult setting it's way to hard.The AI is very cheap, and I'am quite bad at 2d fighting games.So I just gave up after a few rounds and through the game in the trash
Are you using a controller? Honestly though I cant remember if the game was to easy even on hard mode, or if to hard even on easy mode. Its been a long while since ive played the game
Resized Image

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Beef Bigshot wrote: Are you using a controller? Honestly though I cant remember if the game was to easy even on hard mode, or if to hard even on easy mode. Its been a long while since ive played the game
It's easy on hard for me at least. Just use Ghidrah or Mothra, they have great reach with their normal attacks and their beams are easily spamable.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote: Are you using a controller? Honestly though I cant remember if the game was to easy even on hard mode, or if to hard even on easy mode. Its been a long while since ive played the game
It's easy on hard for me at least. Just use Ghidrah or Mothra, they have great reach with their normal attacks and their beams are easily spamable.
I always used Godzilla and sat in the corner spamming his beam. I always found Godzilla to be the easiest to play and mothra being to hardest to fight. Is it just me or do the enemy monsters get harder and harder to beat if you leave them till last?
Resized Image

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Beef Bigshot wrote:Is it just me or do the enemy monsters get harder and harder to beat if you leave them till last?
Yeah they become harder. The only character I have trouble with in the game is the Gotengo. The thing has a high stun projectile that barely has any end lag and it always spams the move.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:Is it just me or do the enemy monsters get harder and harder to beat if you leave them till last?
Yeah they become harder. The only character I have trouble with in the game is the Gotengo. The thing has a high stun projectile that barely has any end lag and it always spams the move.
See my problem is Mothra, who goes full psycho mode when at max difficulty. She stays high and swoops down and deals massive damage for I can even do anything. King Ghidorah was also always a decent challenge to leave till last but at the very least he was just that, a challenge as apposed to Mothra who would shit on me
Resized Image

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:
godzilla5417 wrote:I've played this on an emulator a couple of times, but even on the easiest difficult setting it's way to hard.The AI is very cheap, and I'am quite bad at 2d fighting games.So I just gave up after a few rounds and through the game in the trash
Are you using a controller? Honestly though I cant remember if the game was to easy even on hard mode, or if to hard even on easy mode. Its been a long while since ive played the game
With a controller, I actually just downloaded it again.I'am playing on the easiest difficulty, game gets harder after ever monster the player beats.The enemy seems to use a lot of there more complex moves quite liberally. Doesn't exactly encourage me to keep playing.It seems like a good game, if only the difficulty was toned down I would be able to enjoy it more.this is coming from somebody who used to play Ninja Gaiden.

Added in 3 minutes 20 seconds:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
It's easy on hard for me at least. Just use Ghidrah or Mothra, they have great reach with their normally attacks and their beams are easily spamable.
What's the point of even playing if the only way to win is by spaming long distance attacks? Normally I only play Godzilla games to play as Godzilla himself and not other monsters, but on occasion I do try the others out.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I think the game is pretty good and I appreciate the challenge it gives. The thing is when spamming beam attacks KS, they don't always work. If the enemy blocks, they can easily close the distance between you. If your fighting Mothra, she will just fly over the beam attacks and fist you
Resized Image

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Is there a translation patch available for this?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I mean, there's nothing to translate except monster names. This game doesn't have a story mode or anything. The menus are incredibly easy to navigate, too.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

How hard would it be to mod the game and add additional characters and stages?
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Someone would have to design and animate the new characters *and* grapple attacks, special moves, and super movies for each character, and then put them into a custom version of the game (ala Mugen), and that sure as hell ain't ever happening. The sprites of 2D fighters like this were hand drawn. You can't just "mod" these old games and add new stuff with ease.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Can somebody translate the controls for me? I downloaded the ROM via my SNES emulator and I want to know the basic controls.

Added in 48 seconds:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Can somebody translate the controls for me? I downloaded the ROM via my SNES emulator and I want to know the controls and moves.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Ah, thank you. :D

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Whoa. Haven't been here in a long time. Just wanted to say hey again to all the Godzilla fans. I'm planning on re-doing an episode of Kaijuu Daikessen on my youtube. Just showcasing each character, their moves, my notes, images of the instruction manual (don't worry, you ain't missing much), the strategy guide and I'll probably move on to Battle Legends now that I've finally figured out how to play it ^______^'

Can't say I learned much else since I last logged into here. Gouten and Godzilla's rage projectiles are probably the highest tiers in the game. Especially Gouten when he's turned sideways using those cannon blasts. They cut through a lot of projectiles.

There are some very subtle tier systems given to projectiles you can't see. For instance Megalon vs Gigan.
Megalon napalm bomb vs Gigan ground beams = napalm bomb gets pushed backwards.
Megalon napalm bomb vs Gigan air light beam (one segment) = napalm bomb cuts through.
Megalon napalm bomb vs Gigan air light beam (2+ segment) = napalm bomb gets pushed back.
Megalon napalm bomb vs Gigan air heavy beam (any) = napalm bomb gets pushed back.

Quite pleased to see some updates made in the codes section. I'll have to remember to do more submissions when I eventually get to Battle Legends. Cheers.

~ Toomnyusernae

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I bought the game from eBay in the summer of 2017, but I haven't played it yet. I need to open up my SNES and remove the pins inside the cartridge slot so that the cartridge can get all the way inside.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

BoswerLK
Ronin

Post by BoswerLK »

I had no idea there was an actual community for this game....just wanna drop in to say, fightcade2 now has rollback netplay for this game available. would say with other people, but no one actually plays it (obviously). which, is a shame. it's completely unlike any other 2d fighter I've ever experienced, and it has a really good big hefty kaiju battle feel to it. godzilla jumping 3x his height and zoning with air fireballs is awkward and all, but it's still close to the top for godzilla games in terms of fidelity to source material honestly

would love to see how the gameplay feels with human opponents instead of the awkward fireball chip wars of fighting against the ai with their insta throw tech nonsense, and from a quick skim of this thread, sounds like some of you would want to know too. hope to see you there some time!

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Dropping a link for Battle Legends move demonstrations. You can find my notes through the time stamps for a move list and some observations I made. Quaint game. Awkward with the jump button though.
This predecessor to Kaijuu Daikessen is still quite a bit of fun.

Oop. Nevermind, can't drop links in here. Well, do a search of Fighter's Uprising Episode 1.3